TTC After a Loss
Options

CPW - baggage

HeyMrsPotterHeyMrsPotter member
edited April 2014 in TTC After a Loss
We all have it. What do you do with yours when you fly?

CPW - baggage 38 votes

I pack light so I can carry it on.
42% 16 votes
I pay the checked baggage fees so I don't have to worry about what or how how much stuff is in my bags.
44% 17 votes
I don't pack light but I still insist on trying to carry it on. I will wedge a suitcase the size of a small car under my neighbor's legs if I have to. And I will make the whole plane late by standing in the aisle and arguing about having it checked.
2% 1 vote
I ship stuff to my destination.
0% 0 votes
SS- please explain.
10% 4 votes

Re: CPW - baggage

• Options
    I fly on a regular basis for work and get really angry when people don't check a bag. I fly on an airline that allows one free bag. Come on people!
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • Options
    I carry on and secretly hope the flight is too full and the gate agent offers to check your bag to your final destination for free and then I'm the first one in line. It works about 90% of the time. 
      Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I pay the checked baggage fee for one bag so I still need to be very careful what I pack so that I don't go over weight.  When we went to Aruba DH and I each had a suitcase and both were 48 lbs each.
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    uneek1323 said:
    I carry on and secretly hope the flight is too full and the gate agent offers to check your bag to your final destination for free and then I'm the first one in line. It works about 90% of the time. 
    This!  When we went to Mexico I insisted on checking one bag so we could bring our snorkeling stuff, but DH usually refuses to check bags.  So I recently learning about gate checking, which is the best thing ever.

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13 
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
    BFP #3  8/11/14  EDD 4/22/14
  • Options
    uneek1323 said:
    This!  When we went to Mexico I insisted on checking one bag so we could bring our snorkeling stuff, but DH usually refuses to check bags.  So I recently learning about gate checking, which is the best thing ever.
    Agreed. I do this too, but only if I can pack a small enough bag so that it won't be obnoxious if I don't get to gate check. It usually does work out though, because I usually buy the cheapest plane tickets possible, so my fare class means I'm boarding last when the bins are already full. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"