March 2014 Moms
Options

LO "clicks" while nursing.

So I had my LC consult yesterday and it was awesome! We did a weighted feeding and LO IS getting enough milk from me...alleluia! She's gaining weight normally too, I'm so relieved.

One concern I had was that she "clicks" while nursing pretty much the whole time. She's got a shallow latch and takes little bitty sucks instead of nice deep long ones.

Now I have to start correcting her..and it's hard!!

Anyone have or had the same issue?? How are you correcting it?

Anniversary

Re: LO "clicks" while nursing.

• Options
    Oooh, I'm interested in the answers, too! My LO started doing this "clicking" thing, too and I'm really considering seeing an LC about it. It doesn't HURT, really... but it's uncomfortable and I think is starting to make my nipple sore.

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Options
    I'm so glad it went well! My LO clicks at times too. I didn't know there was a way to correct it. How did they tell you to do that?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO clicks too but the LC yesterday said it is because she was bottle fed for so long and slows down her sucking pressure to stop flow instead of using her tongue like breastfed babies. It hasn't done damage so she said as long as the latch looks good it should correct itself once she is at the breast more.
    image image
  • Options
    FFwifey said:

I've heard that this can be a sign of tongue tie. Did the LC check for that?

She looked in her mouth and had her suck on her finger and said it all looked good. I'm assuming she looked for a tongue tie. If it doesn't get better then I'll have them check again.

Anniversary

• Options
    Lydia "clicked" a ton when she was a new-newborn....which was awful on me because my nipples were sore and cracked!!!! OUCH! She does a little bit now but I know she's getting enough milk and it doesn't hurt so I dont worry too much...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Abby does this too during let down (i think I have a fast let down). I haven't tried to correct it?! I'm comfortable and she's gaining so I guess it's just one of those things!
    photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Abby does this too during let down (i think I have a fast let down). I haven't tried to correct it?! I'm comfortable and she's gaining so I guess it's just one of those things!

Brooklyn does this too, I think to control the speed of the flow in the beginning. It doesn't hurt and she's gained a ton of weight throughout so I don't worry about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"