Baby Names

sibling names to similar?

Our daughter has a double middle name. (We didn't plan on another child, so we went with everything we liked. lol Kidding.) 
Anyway, part of that middle name is Avelina. 
We are pregnant with another girl. We both love the name Evelina. We would use it as a first name. 

Do you think that is too similar, and would you not use it because of that? Our other daughter doesn't go by Avelina, unless you are specifically refering to her full name, so I thought it might be okay, but I wanted outside opinions. I thought about just Evelyn, but DH doesn't like that, strangely. 

Re: sibling names to similar?

• I feel your pain...my son is Elliott James. We are now having a second son.  I swear the only two boy names we LOVE are Elliott and James. Clearly we can't have two sons named Elliott, so I am half tempted to name this one James. But I won't. Because its odd and its clear we couldn't agree on another name. So I would not use any part of your DD1's name for DD2. But I do understand!
  • Loading the player...
  • For me that's too close, but perhaps since it's only part of the middle, it wouldn't be a huge issue. I agree with PP on the Evangeline suggestion though!
  • If you love it, go for it. The first names are different and that's what you will use 98% of the time anyway.
    **TW** TTC History
    TTC#3 since Nov 2020 at ages 35 & 39
    TTC#1 - 2 IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 2 miscarriages (LC age 4)
    TTC#2 - a very welcome surprise without intervention (LC age 2)

• I would only do it if you absolutely are in love with it and can't possibly imagine another name. Otherwise, I would keep thinking. It took me my whole pregnancy to nail down our choices of Stella Gwen or Harrison James (we were team green and ended up with a Stella!). Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
    EDD 12/3 - William Garrett
    DD - Stella Gwen (5YO)
  • I don't GAF about middle names and feel like they're really pretty irrelevant. I don't think one kid having a FN similar to a sibling's MN will cause any kind of issue.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would probably go for it.

DD1 has a double first name with a middle name and that name is almost nonexistent. I wish I would have just did a double fn with no middle name, so I wouldn't have wasted it so to speak.

• Agree, use it if you love it. I have cousins, two have the same mn, which is the third's first name. Their parents just really loved the name.

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • If you love it, go for it. Who uses their middle name anyways?

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"