July 2013 Moms
Options

Bewb help

sparkymcgeeesparkymcgeee member
edited April 2014 in July 2013 Moms
So as you all know I'm sure because I'm talking about it a lot I'm drying up. Isaac hasn't nursed in over 36 hours and what he did do at that time didn't give him anything really. But in the 36+ hours I've started to feel engorged a bit. Not like super uncomfortable but I can tell there's some milk in there. What did you ladies that had a forced wean situation do to relieve the pain and dry up the rest of the way? With Eliza she was just comfort nursing by the end and I didn't it. So help?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more

Re: Bewb help

• Options
    Sudafed, the 12 hour kind that you have to sign for :)
  • Options
    I would let her nurse for just a minute or two, just to relieve the pressure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Okay. I just let him nurse for a minute or two on each side while I was doing the bedtime thing with Elizabeth. It helped with the pressure so hopefully I don't have to do it many more times. Thanks ladies. Ncchnat, I tried cabbage with Eliza when I tried to wean at 12 months. We went out of town for our anniversary and I thought it was the perfect time since she couldn't nurse and I had made my goal. I bawled and my body was not at all ready. The cabbage did not work for me. I was just engorged for two days.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    When I stopped pumping. I pumped less and less each time until I was not pumping at all.  When I started to get uncomfortable I hand expressed just to take the edge off.  After a few days I was done.
  • Options
    I did less and less nursing & then cabbage leaves for a couple days & it worked for me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options
    Asbromle said:
    Sudafed, the 12 hour kind that you have to sign for :)
    Ditto Sudafed.  I used it when I weaned DS and have used it when Lillie dropped a feeding and my body was having a hard time adjusting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Big brother James 6-19-11  ****  Little sister Lillianna 6-26-13

• Options
    Yup, add me to Team Sudafed. Or Claritin/Zyrtek...basically anything that would dry up your sinuses will dry up your boobs. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"