Cloth Diapering
Options

Diaper Bag for 3?

I know there have been many posts about diaper bags, but with twins on the way, I am still searching for one that will easily accommodate 3 in CDs.  I would prefer a backpack style, but that is not a deal breaker.  I have been looking at the Petunia Pickle bottom Abundance, but none of the patterns are really my style and are not DH-approved... but I can probably let that go too if it means a bag that will actually work.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker

Re: Diaper Bag for 3?

• Options
    I would just use a regular backpack. I used a plain ole L.L. Bean for a few months, and only stopped because it was too big for just one LO.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Why not just a backpack then?  That's what we have.  Diapers and wipes go in the big pocket, a change of clothes goes in the front pocket, rash cream and other little things go in the side pocket.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, for 3 I'd do either a regular backpack or something like the JuJuBe BePrepared. I have 2 and use the BFF, but that would be way too small for 3 in cloth.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I thought about that, even looked at some, but my biggest pet peeve about my current bag is that everything seems to just fall to the bottom of the bag, which I think would be an even bigger issue in a regular backpack.  I really use all the pockets I currently have...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, the lack of pockets thing is also keeping me from really wanting to use a backpack when DS2 arrives. I like having individual places for things. I still haven't found a bag I want b/c I really don't want to spend more than $60-75, but I'm eyeballing some of the Pottery Barn bags. (I had no idea they made bags until last week, but I love the classic lines!)

• Options
    Yeah, for 3 I'd do either a regular backpack or something like the JuJuBe BePrepared. I have 2 and use the BFF, but that would be way too small for 3 in cloth.
    I also have the JuJuBe BFF and ditto, I would NOT recommend it for 3.  :) 

I agree with the others about a regular backpack.  If you want more pockets, I would look into having someone on Etsy sew a custom insert/divider for you.  I have something like that to turn my purse into a camera bag (a padded divider for camera, lenses, etc), and it works great.  The backpack + divider would likely still be much cheaper than these ridiculously expensive diaper bags.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe look at backpacks for photography equipment? They have a ton of different compartments and pockets.
    image   image   image
    TTC since 2010 | 3 miscarriages | Diagnosed with stage IV endo | Adopted our little girl Aug 25, 2014

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    You could get a travel toiletry bag for organizing your essentials in a regular backpack. Eagle Creek has some nice options.
  • Options
    If you want a diaper bag and not a backpack, the JJB Be Prepared is probably the right size. It doesn't have backpack straps, though.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Take a look at hiking day packs - like from REI or Columbia or somewhere similar. The day packs usually have a few extra storage pockets that you can stuff things into so everything doesn't just fall to the bottom.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    @Mapleme‌ is there anything that you aren't an expert on?
    Married 6/18/11

• Options
    Mapleme said:
    @Mapleme‌ is there anything that you aren't an expert on?
    Babies. They scare me.
    LLOL, me too.

Good luck with that.
    Married 6/18/11

• Options

I have a boken backpack and like it, but don't think it would work with 3 in cloth (unless I'm doing something wrong with my 1!)

what about something like this with pockets on the outside:

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/79241?feat=816-CL1&page=l-l-bean-continental-rucksack

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"