Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Post Nasal Drip sickness????

Hello ladies. I am 10weeks 5days today and have been pretty darn lucky with only mild nausea and some gagging. I have had a lost of post nasal drip lately and today have been dry heaving.  Could this be the mucus settling in my empty stomach.. or am I going to start get morning sickness at 10.5 weeks??

I guess the good thing is, I know I am still pregnant. Next ultrasound on Thursday. Hoping to get off the progesterone... the Lovenox injections are enough to handle in the morning.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Re: Post Nasal Drip sickness????

• Options
    No real insight on whether the post nasal drip is responsible for your tummy troubles, or is M/S is just setting in late. Either is a strong possibility. I know post nasal drip always gives me sour stomach. Yuck.

I strongly recommend that you get and use a neti-pot to help with the congestion. I got a nasty cold early in my pregnancy as well, and it was such a relief!

Hope you feel better soon!
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Options
    I have been having a lot of post-nasal drip as well, mostly during the night, and I actually will throw up sometimes in the mornings from it.  So, it could be that your stomach is just upset from that.  I will say that I am 99% positive I'm having trouble with it because M/S hasn't totally gone away for me yet.  My guess is that if you've had a little bit of nausea and gagging due to mild M/S that the post-nasal drip is making it worse.  It could also just be M/S really settling in.

My post-nasal drip is so bothersome that I asked my doctor what I could do about it.  Mine is only in the mornings so all her advice was geared towards that, but I assume you could figure out how to adjust it for all day issues.  She said to use a humidifier and to take a Claritin at bedtime.  She also said that taking a shower before bed might help to clear everything out.  I've never used it, but the neti-pot sounds like a great idea too since it also will clear out your nasal passages.  I'll be honest, though.  The only thing that seems to do anything is to take Claritin.  It is the only thing that dries out my nose enough to keep me from puking.
    Me- 29, DH - 28
    BFP #1 9/27/2013, EDD 6/10/2014, Mmc 11/01/2013, completed with misoprostol 11/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/5/2014, EDD 10/15/2014, Lillian Verletta born 10/23/14
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PAL January Siggy Challenge: Good Advice
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I have this too. I'm 14 weeks now, and I've been dealing with the gagging/dry heaving for the past two or three weeks. I just posted about it yesterday in my BMB, actually!

I can't really describe it as morning sickness, because it feels different than the MS that I had around 6/7 weeks. This hits me most in the morning, when I'm brushing my teeth. It's like, I could be fine and dandy, but all the sudden while I'm brushing my teeth I'm hit with the urge to gag, which then makes me dry heave. I can't even really call it nausea. I wonder if the nasal drip you're talking about has something to do with it...I honestly never read much about it! I do feel nauseous in the morning before I've had breakfast, too.
  • Options
    Thanks, Ladies. It's odd because I don't really feel nausea when it happens either. Maybe it is a combo of a more sensitive gag reflex and annoying PND allergy gunk.  Hope you both start to feel better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"