April 2014 Moms
Options

Question for chicco keyfit 30 users

How does your LO sit in their seat? I feel like my guy is buried under straps and those annoying shoulder protectors. I've considered taking them off because LO doesn't look comfortable and the chest strap seems low because of them.

Re: Question for chicco keyfit 30 users

• Options
    It took us a while to figure this out, and I think it helps that he's grown a little bit (probably around 10.5 pounds and 22 inches now).

So we try to scoot his butt back as far as we can so he's not slouched down.  Then we pull the head rest up so it's actually behind is head.   With the straps loosened, we buckle the leg part, then the plastic clip.  Then we pull on the straps above the plastic clip to remove the slack from the leg part.  This brings the plastic clip up into the right spot (even with his armpits).  While holding the plastic clip in the right spot, we pull the tightening strap to get the shoulders tight.  It takes a few pulls to get it tight enough, and we adjust the shoulder protectors after each pull to make sure they're in the right spot.  
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    she's squished looking for sure.  she was 7 pounds at birth and is 8 1/4 pounds now.  i'm more worried about the fact that the straps seem to be spaced such that they almost dig into the sides of her neck.  i feel like i'm constantly trying to pull them apart and adjust them so she's not choked from the side.  it's definitely something she'll grow out of as she gets bigger, but it's hard to wait in the meantime!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate shoulder strap covers and don't use them at all. I think they're totally useless and absolutely get in the way of a good harness fit.

We're talking about the ones that come attached to the seat, not after-market ones. I'm not sure they can be removed without cutting them off...and even so, I assume they are meant to be there to protect the baby's neck from abrasion in case of an accident?
    imageDSC_9275  image

• Options
    I like the shoulder pads because the save LO from rope burn when you tighten/loosen the straps. But my babies are big enough they don't look squished.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    He does look super squished. Poor guy. I'm more worried about the chest clip being too low. I'll try adjusting it again but it seems like when I push them all the way back they are still in the way. Thanks for the helpful tips! I'm gonna try positioning him differently.
  • Options
    I'm glad this conversations came up. I've been complaining about how much I hate the way he fits in the seat. Most of It is the damn strap things! I feel like the chest clip is way too low no matter what I do.

The hospital checked it out, but I don't agree! I never thought to take them off!

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    hbell12 said:
    He does look super squished. Poor guy. I'm more worried about the chest clip being too low. I'll try adjusting it again but it seems like when I push them all the way back they are still in the way. Thanks for the helpful tips! I'm gonna try positioning him differently.
    We definitely had this the first few weeks.  Now that he's just a LITTLE bit bigger it's so much better.  Try scooting his butt back as far as you can, we found that this helped.
    imageDSC_9275  image

• Options
    Getting his butt pushed all the way back and his back flat against the back of the seat seems to be the key for us. The shoulder straps are on top of his shoulders underneath his ears so there's plenty of room for the chest clip. With DS1 who came home at 4 lbs 14oz, it definitely looked awkward for a while, but those steps got him a good fit in the same seat.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"