November 2014 Moms
Options

Who all bought a fetal doppler?

I just bought this one-

NatureSpirit Sonoline-B Handheld Fetal Doppler

What other ones have people bought? Any advice on using it? What gel do you guys use with it (I've seen some people use aloe vera and KY)... I'm so excited to get it! Still kinda paranoid about the random bright red bleeding last week...

NatureSpirit Sonoline-B Handheld Fetal Doppler
Married 10/16/10
DS #1 Born 08/03/12
Baby #2 EDD 11/18/14

Re: Who all bought a fetal doppler?

• Options
    I bought the Sonoline B as well. It came with a gel, but I hear you can use aloe vera as well. I'm about 11 weeks & I haven't heard the heartbeat yet. I'm also fat, so that doesn't help. I remember my OB had a problem finding my daughter's heartbeat early on, so I'm trying not to worry about it.
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

• Options
    I bought the Sonoline B too. I use aloe vera gel.

My advice is watch some YouTube videos on how to find baby. It was so much easier after watching the videos, and also helps you know what is and isn't baby (there are a lot of sounds going on in there, some would sound like a baby if you don't know what to listen for.)

Also my advice is be patient, it can take a while to find baby because he/she is so small.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought the sonolineB and I could hear it at 11 weeks- however I thought I was hearing it at 10 weeks, until I watched you tube videos and realized I wasn't hearing the baby after all. So definitely watch the videos!
  • Options
    I picked up the sonoline second hand. I'm not sure I'm finding baby though. The OB only found the baby for a split second at my 10w appt. I will look up some videos. The girl I bought it from had some gel leftover.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same one, I use ky. But I second watching the videos on you tube.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have one. I use whatever gel came with it, and then I'll probably use aloe vera. I found it right before 9w and until the last couple days was finding it pretty easily. I have a harder time finding it now (it took me 15-20 minutes last night, it used to take less than 1). I'm not sure if baby is moving around or what. My point is try to be patient finding it, it can be hard. Also echoing the PPs, youtube videos are very helpful!
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    Don't freak out! It takes me a while and I have to push down on it. It's super loud in there. Sometimes I can catch it for a while and sometimes for just a couple seconds. Go right above the pubic bone. Mine is always hiding next to my heartbeat. Sounds like the placenta is on the left cuz it's really loud and swooshing. Best way is to try at different times. Full bladder or empty. Morning or night. I do it flat on the floor or with my legs hanging over the bed. Hope this helps
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    You bought a great one! I have that same doppler and it's amazing. The peace of mind I get from using it is priceless for my crazy PGAL brain and I'm sure any mom.

Like others I use the Aloe. The first time I found it I actually took a picture of where it was so it was easier to find each time but obviously baby moves. The wand makes a small imprint on your skin. What works for me is to prop my head up with a pillow and to have an empty bladder and put my legs flat on my bed or on the couch. I do have a tilted uterus so mine could be a bit different than yours.

Patience is really key with this and don't get discouraged if you can't find if. You don't have to move the wand fast and put the speaker up to your ear so you can make out the sound in the distance and then try and locate it. I found it the morning of my appointment a couple weeks ago and my doctor couldn't even find it with her wand so we did an ultrasound. I also highly recommend watching YOuTube videos. The baby's heart is very fast like a gallop. It's about twice as fast as our own. The digital counter can be off a bit but mine usually hits 160 to 171 when it's on baby. Hope this helps and enjoy!
  • Options
    I bought aloe vera from the dollar store and it's gonna last forever!! I also own the sono line b & it's awesome!! We found ours at 9weeks 5 days .. took video and confirmed with my OB that it was definitely the sound of baby! Watching you tube videos below a ton as I was going way too low initially. You'll get the hang of it and find baby us usually in same spot each time.

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• Options
    MrsDLMrsDL member
    I have that one - I bought the get that came with it on amazon, lasted through my first pregnancy, I loaned to a friend, and have some for this pregnancy.  I ordered it later on with DS, I found the hb right before 9 weeks with this one, but couldn't get a good count consistently until this week - I'm 12 weeks 3 days.  Watch the youtube videos to differentiate what you hear (you'll hear your own pulse on either side, much much lower than fetal hb.  There is also a "wind in the trees" sound - my doctor said this was the placenta/sac with my first, I usually find the baby's hb right around it. Stay low right above your pubic bone. I remember trying high toward my abdomen with my first - not even close to where it was. Once your doc can find it, it will make it easier for you to know what you are looking for.  Have fun!

• Options
    Many women say it's easier with a full bladder but for me it has to be empty. So try both ways.
    ME: 30    DH: 35    DS: 2 years
    BFP#1 - DS Born 2~15~2012
    BFP #2 - MMC @9 wk
    BFP #3  - Sleeping Baby Girl at 5 1/2 months :(
    BFP #4: Due Date 11/21/14

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I got the Sonoline B, and used the little tube of gel it came with and when it runs out the book says you can you aloe Vera. It's so reassuring to hear the heartbeat! I found it at 9 weeks 4 days, came in loud and clear. It's just so wonderful to have that reassurance so early on when you don't really "feel" pregnant.
  • Options
    I started finding it at 10 week. I usually have to push really hard in to find it, as baby seems to hide behind my pelvic bone. I have noticed that the baby tends to move from day to day, so sometimes it takes a bit longer to find it.
  • Options
    We have the same one and love it! We found the heart beat fairly quickly and it is generally in the same(ish) location each time. I don't feel like the heart rate number is so consistent... But I love hearing it!! It's the best sound ever.
  • Options
    Sonoline is awesome. I found baby after watching this video. Am 13 weeks now and I found baby at about 12 weeks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFQfZ754geM
  • Options
    My little one is a mover. Some mornings it takes me longer. At night it's harder because the noises in my belly are super loud.

• Options
    I have mine from my son and I still can't hear anything. If this had happened with my first pregnancy I probably would have broken down sobbing lol.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    where did everyone buy theirs?

N14 mommy to be :)

My favorites: husband, chocolate.

• Options
    I have one similar to the sonoline b. I use the gel it came with still.

I still haven't found the heartbeat. I'm hoping it's just because I have an anterior placenta. Any ladies with an anterior placenta, when did you find the heartbeat?

imageimageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD Born 11.27.2011
    BFP 9.19.2013 - EDD 6.1.2014 - MMC @ 8 weeks 3 days

• Options
    kegcrc said:
    Has anyone found one for sale in an actual store or only online? (I have no patience) :)

I wanted mine right away as well and was sad that I couldn't just go buy it somewhere.  It really ships super fast though.  I ordered it on a Friday and got it on Monday. I got mine at clinicalguard.com.

• Options
    I bought the AngelSounds fetal doppler for only $30 online. Works like a charm. Found the heartbeat on the second day I tried....wasn't searching low enough the first time. I am 13 weeks as of today. A strong healthy 162 beats per minute. Best $30 Ive ever spent and my 11 year old and boyfriend can enjoy it also, anytime we want. Oh....I use good 'ol lube (astro glide, ky)  as my "gel"
  • Options
    TXSparky said:

I have one similar to the sonoline b. I use the gel it came with still.

I still haven't found the heartbeat. I'm hoping it's just because I have an anterior placenta. Any ladies with an anterior placenta, when did you find the heartbeat?

I have an anterior placenta and I heard mine on the sonoline B at 11 weeks (and I am on the heavier side)
  • Options
    NLJ82NLJ82 member
    edited May 2014
    I purchased the same Doppler. It's hit or miss with me. I got it when I was 11 weeks and didn't find it until I was 13 weeks. I'm 16 weeks now and sometimes  I can find it fairly early, other times I don't find it at all. I use the gel that came with it and even then it's extremely "staticy". Aside from my own heartbeat and arteries, there is so much 'feedback static' noise that it's hard to tell what's what. The readings on mine are not good either. There are times that I KNOW I'm hearting the heartbeat (due to also using the 6 second method) & the reading will be maybe 130...135 at the most. Of course I guess it's possible that that's what the heartbeat is however it's NEVER that low when i'm at the Dr or getting an u/s done so I don't rely too much on the reading. I'm not a huge fan, but on occasion it serves it's purpose.

• Options
    @NLJ82‌ I had the same issue and I talked to my ob about it when she wasn't able to find the hb with hers either. She told me between 12-16 weeks it's the hardest time to find the hb because the baby is moving all over the place .once you are 16 the space becomes more limited and they are more "stuck" in one place. It should start to be easier for you to find it now.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have an Angel Sounds one that I had with DS. I haven't used it much this pregnancy though, maybe only 3 times.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"