Cloth Diapering

How many diapers do you carry in your diaper bag?

I'm getting our bags all ready for when LO gets here and was curious to see how many diapers you guys carry in your bags for the newborn stage and then older babies/toddlers. I have 2 workhorses, 2 GMD prefolds and 2 covers in there right now. Is that enough/too few/too many for just general errands and out of the house trips? We'll be using primarily pockets and some AI2's once we reach the OS stage.
Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: How many diapers do you carry in your diaper bag?

• I would just pack as needed. I generally took a diaper for every two hours we'd be out and one or two extra in case of surprise poop.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • violajack said:
    I would just pack as needed. I generally took a diaper for every two hours we'd be out and one or two extra in case of surprise poop.
    This.  

I use my AIOs in my diaper bag, I find it easier when I'm out and about.  So I don't have to carry extra snappis/covers, plus the AIO is well contained :).

Although I did have DD go through 3 diapers at a 30 min pediatrician appointment one time!  Luckily they had sposies I could use.  So now, I also have a couple sposies in the car JIC (although I'm pretty sure the ones I have are too small for her now). 
  • Loading the player...
  • NB days I think I would carry 6... It was fairly common for DS to either poop/pee on the new dipe during the change. I remember once we went through 3 in one change. Now atbayear I just keep 3 in there. Unless we are out all day, I'll pack more then.
  • violajack said:

I would just pack as needed. I generally took a diaper for every two hours we'd be out and one or two extra in case of surprise poop.

This is what I did in the NB phase. Now I take maybe 2 and then always have a disposable diaper or two just in case.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• km_mdkm_md member
    It depends on where I'm going and how long we will be gone. I usually just stuff as many as I can in the bag!

• I pack according to what we are doing, but routinely I keep two prefolds and a cover in the bag for when I just grab it for a quick errand or day to day.
    It wasn't much more when he was a newborn, probably 3 or 4 prefolds and a cover or two.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My problem is remembering to stock wipes and a wet bag. I usually end up with more diapers than I need, but no wet bag.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My problem is remembering to stock wipes and a wet bag. I usually end up with more diapers than I need, but no wet bag.

This. I ALWAYS forget the wet bag.

But there are always plenty of dipes, usually 2-3 prefolds and a few covers and a couple AIOs or AI2s for hanging out in town trips.

• I must like living on the edge. We usually only take one diaper unless we're going to be gone more than two or three hours. I always make sure to change him before we go somewhere. I don't even remember what we did during the early days, but we were using disposables, so that was different.

• During the NB phase, we were rarely away from home for more than half a day at a time. I usually took 3 diapers per expected feed for when we were away from home. +1 for good measure. That about filled up my Skip Hop Duo, which I don't use any more because it hardly holds anything and doesn't even fit in my stroller basket.

I now have an Ergo Baby Travel back pack, and for our toddler 4-5 diapers is usually plenty for the whole day. Add wipes, wet bag, first aid kit, and Magic Stick and we still have plenty of room to spare.
  • My diaper bag is always pre packed with wipes and a wet bag then Then I add a diaper for ever 1.5 hours we are out plus an extra.
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• I always saw myself as the crazy mom with every supply in her diaper bag for whatever life would throw at us while out.

I am that mom. Lol. First aid supplies, sanitizing wipes, cloth wipes etc etc etc. but I take 1 diaper per 2 hours of being out, plus an extra. Aside from extra long trips, running errands I'll just have 2 diapers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • violobo said:
    My problem is remembering to stock wipes and a wet bag. I usually end up with more diapers than I need, but no wet bag.

This. I ALWAYS forget the wet bag.

But there are always plenty of dipes, usually 2-3 prefolds and a few covers and a couple AIOs or AI2s for hanging out in town trips.

SEE! And you all called me crazy for buying a diaper bag with a wet bag pocket built in! :)
  • If we're just running a quick errand I'll just grab one (or sometimes I don't bring one, like when we're just running out to the store 5 minutes away - I like to live on the edge!).

If we're going on a longer road trip/outing, I bring one for every hour, just to be prepared.  We're inevitably gone longer than I thought we would be, and I like to be sure we'll have enough.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Thanks everyone! Since CDing is the only new thing this go-around, I think I'm overthinking it :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Awesome post thanks! This is really helpful

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"