January 2014 Moms
Options

Teeth/mouth cleaning

NenaMarie84NenaMarie84 member
edited April 2014 in January 2014 Moms
I guess it's not really teeth brushing at this point but do any of you clean the inside of your lo's mouth? If so, what do you use? I've read some sites say you should from the get go and others say it's not necessary until 3-4 months old. Just curious of thoughts or opinions.

Re: Teeth/mouth cleaning

• Options
    We have the little rubber "tooth" thing that goes on your finger tip to clean her mouth. Not using the gel as of yet, but it came with it. 
  • Options
    We also use the rubber tooth / mouth cleaner she thinks its a game lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use a wash cloth and water every night at bath time, and have since a week or so old. We just rub it along her tongue and gums.
  • Options
    rgoblue said:

Yes we wipe with a washcloth every bath. We just use water.

This exactly. My BIL is a dentist and SIL a hygienist and they recommend doing it as early as possible so that LO is used to you having your finger in their mouth so it makes brushing less of a struggle later on. We have been doing it since he was about 3 weeks old and he loves it. Opens his mouth right open and smiles as if he really enjoys it. I am hop big brushing his teeth will be just as enjoyable for him so it's not such a chore!
  • Options
    I use gauze and warm water...I go over her gums..front and back and her tongue...she gags every time.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    I just bought these grape-flavored mouth wipes lol. I could totally just use water and a washcloth but I was curious. She likes them but  think once they are done I will use the finger-toothbrush thing or a washcloth.
  • Options
    I also use the finger toothbrush and I use the gel. DS likes the way it tastes, so I figured I keep using it. I try to use it once a day.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"