Stay at Home Moms

Hi, new SAHM here. Any introverts with high-energy boys?

Hey all! I left my job a week-and-a-half ago to stay at home full-time with my one and three year-old boys. Forgive me if I don't know the nuances of this board yet. I am so glad to be able to be at home with my little guys.

Are there any other introverts here with super high-energy, intense boys who are always moving and don't sleep very much? Please share! I'd like to know I'm not alone. :)

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hi, new SAHM here. Any introverts with high-energy boys?

• I don't think I'm an introvert but I have a 15 month old who is always on the go and doesn't like to sleep. I was excited for a 45 min nap today!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I could have wrote your post myself :)

Welcome to the board!

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! My 1 year old doesn't like to sleep and basically wants to be outside running all day, so I feel you! My girls aren't much less active than that either lol!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's me! We are out of the house every day, usually morning and afternoon. We're home for lunch and rest/nap time, but that's it. It's necessary for us both to stay sane. I have a small group of close mom friends and we do a lot of individual play dates, as well. I met most of my friends at the library storytime, because I've never been one to join things like Meet Up groups and the like.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not an introvert, but I do treasure down and alone time. However, I have two active boys that must get out. My oldest goes to school every day, and my youngest goes twice a week. We also go to the gym daily and do other activities to keep him occupied. I'm in 3 different moms groups and we do lots of play dates. Now that the weather is better, we ride bikes daily too. It can be exhausting!
  • I kind of like that DS is so outgoing, it forces me to be more social with other parents.

Certain parks/museums/kid places are friendlier than others. My neighborhood is not so friendly, but occasionally we go across town on errands and visit a different park where all the parents are really outgoing and it's fun.

Otherwise, yeah, I just play with my phone while DS does his thing.
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"