March 2014 Moms
Options

Roll Call

I haven't seen this yet, hope y'all don't mind if I start it off.

I just laid down from a 3 hour fuss Fest! I tries putting DS down at n
9. He fell asleep several times but kept waking up. He was gassy, poor little guy. DH and I spent over an hour trying to get all the gas out.

Finally I was able to rock him and sing Jesus Loves Me and he finly conked out!! Even though those 3 hours were long and stressful, seeing the calm come over DS as I sang, was the most rewarding that I've felt since he was born!!

Now let's hope he stays asleep for a while.
Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

Re: Roll Call

• Options
    Here for the first motn feeding. Apparently no long stretch for us! I don't mind that as much as fussing and spitting and gassy between feeds so fingers crossed just for that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just woke up for the first MOTN feeding. I-)
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Here! We're 7w and 2 days and hit a growth spurt. Last night and today nursing every hour- tonight we're just awake. No fussing just AWAKE (and still nursing). Anyone else think growth spurts are just crazy?
  • Options
    Just went to bed and LO is out cold on my chest. She should stay asleep until about 1 (or maybe later, cross my fingers!). I just love her snuggles so much that I just want to stay up, play on my phone , and cuddle her. But, I really need to get to sleep.

• Options
    Just feed LO and now burping her.
  • Options
    Just finished our 1st MOTN feeding. Now for the nightly swaddle, lay down, wake up, nurse from the other side, repeat routine.
  • Options
    Up for the first MOTN feed. He went 3 hours... But seriously it was the 3 suckiest hours ever. He fed for 30 minutes... Was wide awake for an hour and a hall... And slept for an hour. Ugh.

For those who follow the Eat/Awake & Play/Sleep routine .... How on earth do you skip the awske step when it comes to bedtime??
  • Options
    Well, that didn't last long. Poor little guy has tummy problems, I think. The only thing that doesn't make him scream like a banshee is nursing.

@somerslsles I've just been doing a feeding and then rocking him to sleep. Tonight was a total crap shoot though since I'm pretty sure he's gassy.
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options

Up for the first MOTN feed. He went 3 hours... But seriously it was the 3 suckiest hours ever. He fed for 30 minutes... Was wide awake for an hour and a hall... And slept for an hour. Ugh.

For those who follow the Eat/Awake & Play/Sleep routine .... How on earth do you skip the awske step when it comes to bedtime??

We keep the lights off and only use a night light . She listens to Michael buble radio on pandora while she sleeps , so that's the only noise . I also don't talk to her . She eats , burps then lays on my chest until she falls asleep then I put her in her RNP .

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Up for the first MOTN feeding .. It's pouring down rain ( which I like to listen to ) and Also thundering . I doubt I'll be able to sleep , they were calling for possible tornados :-S

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 

• Options
    Up nursing here. She's still on an every 3/4 hour schedule ugh. I tried a earlier bedtime last night to see if that would help (and you could tell she was tired)...it didn't help. Just hoping the 5/6 hour stretches come back soon!
  • Options
    Up for our first feed. Oh my goodness was tonight rough. I didn't even attempt the crib, it was just mission get DD to sleep. She just kept kicking and screaming for no apparent reason. I finally got her to sleep in my arms around midnight. I'm just so tired of her not going down any earlier no matter how hard we try every night. Ugh. I hope she sleeps after this.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    I'm here! I work tomorrow so I have to be up at four. But wow Sloan just gave me our first four hours !!! Maybe she will sleep until her wake up time at 5 :)

Those reading babywise if during daytime they've been sleeping three hours does it say to wake them??
  • Options
    Round 1, after a 4 hr stretch. M is trying to fight going back to sleep. I hope we can hurry this up, I need to pump too.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Options
    Here ! She slept from 7.30 to 10.30 and then till. 2.30 so Not a bad night so far knock on wood. Just nursing then back to bed.

As for the EASY method practices around us I swaddle Fiona whenever it is sleep time to cue it. So we just skip activity all together.
  • Options

I'm here! I work tomorrow so I have to be up at four. But wow Sloan just gave me our first four hours !!! Maybe she will sleep until her wake up time at 5 :)

Those reading babywise if during daytime they've been sleeping three hours does it say to wake them??

I haven't read baby wise . However we do the eat , play , sleep . But I go by what my pedi told me , she said to wake her every 3 hours during the day in hopes she will sleep longer at night . And she does she usually goes 4-5 hours at night and typically only wakes once during the night.

• Options
    Dd had a 4 hour stretch, in her crib at that! However I was unable to sleep. Ended up pumping due to fullness. She's been awake for about 1.5 hours now with no signs of sleep! And I'm sure I won't get her to sleep in the crib again. I'll be very tired later.
  • Options
    I should totally be sleeping, but I'm watching True Tori instead. Cooper has been knocked out for a few hours and my bed is covered with clothes I was going to fold (and mostly didn't...) so I'm avoiding clearing off the bed a and just going to sleep - which I will totally regret when she wakes up in an hour.
  • Options
    We're up here, just business as usual, eat, change, reswaddle, eat, burp and back to bed! Hoping this one takes us through until morning!!
    The 4yro in my bed could go that would be nice!! Dr. Appt tmrw, hope everything is going great!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I woke up like 30 minutes ago for no reason- B is still asleep. It's going on 5 hours. Why am I awake? I'm sure she'll be up in the next hour or so. I'm such an idiot.

• Options
    Up at 4:30 for our first MOTN feeding. He'd gone back to every 4 hours the last couple of nights which bummed me out. Now he went 6.5 between feedings before his grunting started. I got 4.5 hours of sleep and I'm happy to take that!
  • Options
    Up for a feeding, but now LO has gas, and is just screaming. I have tried everything, and feel terrible I can't make it go away. If you have any suggestions, I am open to them. We gave tried burping, gas drops, bicycling legs, putting legs into chest, and gripe water.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just finished our only MOTN feed snd i can't go back to sleep. She's passed out right next to me.

We were almost over co-sleeping but had to go out of town last night so we are in a hotel. I hope this doesn't set us back with the progress of her in her pnp.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Up for our 2nd feed, at least it was 3 hours. I hope she decides to sleep well after this one, because the past few nights around this time she starts waking about every hour.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    So soooo tired but here. DH was banished to the sofa due to eating Mexican for lunch & dinner (nuff said) so I'm feeding from the comfort of bed. I can't decide if it's harder to keep my eyes open from her or from my normal post in the nursery. Ehh, who cares someone just get me some toothpicks! At least LO eyes are shut. That's always a good sign.
  • Options
    I honestly can't remember if this is the 2nd or 3rd motn feeding. Is that bad? I'd really like a little more shut eye but DHs alarm will be going off shortly and the sun is coming up. It doesn't bide well.

• Options
    Vent activated...

MIL suggested that I give LO a bath before bed to help her sleep longer. Now she WONT go back to sleep! She is wide-eyed!! She is always really good about drinking her bottle and going right back to sleep. The idea was to get her to sleep for a longer stretch. 

Dear MIL,
    All the advice you have ever given me has been horrible!! Especially telling me to give Bethany a bottle of water at like 5 days old. Leave me alone! And no.. I won't let my helpless newborn "cry it out". She only cries when she is hungry. And you know that. Adopt a baby if you want to raise another one.  Leave mine alone!
    Signed, 
    An irritated DIL

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• Options
    Wha? Sloan slept four hours and now a solid three and I have to wake poor baby because we have to eat before going to the sitters
  • Options
    Here, tired, but I can't really complain much. Keira slept 5 hours and it took a long time to get her back down, but it was just in time for Owen to wake up after an even longer stretch. The worst part of the night has been DS1. He woke up not long after Keira and wouldn't go wake his dad up to put him back to bed. Instead he's bothering me, trying to talk and play while I feed babies. I know DH was up at one point but I'm not sure why he isn't taking care of this right now. To top it all off, I have a horrible headache but I'm hoping the ibuprofen I just took will help it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    B slept for 5 hours but we've been up since. Shell nurse, pass out in my lap, I'll let her get into a deep sleep there and then put her in the bassinet. Within 20 minutes she's awake and crying. Tired and frustrated is not a great way to start the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"