September 2014 Moms

Rant: Wide awake in the middle of the night

This is the second night in a row where I got up to pee at 3am-ish, and now I'm wide awake. What the heck?!
And the baby is kicking me like crazy just to make sure I won't fall back to sleep.
T-minus two hours before I have together up for work... Ughhhh.

Dx: Vasa Previa w/DS1
**Tinymin born 8/14 @35w1d**
"Annnnnnd you win the award for best SN evar." -LindsRockies

imageimage

Re: Rant: Wide awake in the middle of the night

• Yup I'm with you. I wake up around 3 and can't get back to sleep. I just can't get comfortable. Both shoulders hurt, and my legs get restless.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SicheyanneSicheyanne member
    edited April 2014
    This has been happening to me every night for about a week. If it's not to pee it's because I'm so hungry.
    BabyFruit Ticker

image imageimage
    Married Since December 1st, 2012
    BFP#1 January 21st, 2014  
    EDD September 23rd, 2014

Air Force Wife, Oboist, Book Lover
    God's timing is perfect! 

• Loading the player...
  • Yup.. every night. I hate it!
    Me - 26 - Suspected PCOS
    DH - 28 - Slightly low T and low morphology

Jan 2011 - Stop BCP
    Jan/Feb 2013 - Normal hormone panel/HSG - tubes clear
    April 2013 - DH's bloodwork and SA - low T and 0% morphology - Start DH on Clomid and vitamin regimen 
    May 2013 - start metformin for PCOS but ended up stopping in July 2013 due to elevated liver function
    Sept 2013 - first RE appointment/follow-up SA shows 2% morph!!
    October 2013 - IUI #1 - 50mg Clomid CD4-8, 100mg Clomid CD12-16, Ovidrel - BFN
    November 2013 - IUI #2 - 5mg Femara CD4-8, Ovidrel - Chemical pregnancy :'(
    December 2013 - IUI #3 - 5mg Femara CD3-7, Ovidrel - BFP!!!!!!! Beta 1: 157, Beta 2: 636 (doubling time 35.67 hours)
    January 14, 2014 - Viability ultrasound - Measuring 7w4d with a beautiful heart beat of 146bpm!!!
    February 17, 2014 - NT scan - Everything looks perfect! Heartbeat of 162bpm!
    April 3, 2014 - AS scan - Still looks perfect! Heartbeat of 135bpm :) It's a BOY!!!
  • This has happened to me the past couple night this week. Last night it was 4:30 and baby was kicking like crazy :) I've only been about a week of feeling baby kicks so I thought to myself that this was a perfect occasion to be awake and enjoy :)
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • I am there with you. I am not feeling a lot of kicks yet but I either need to pee, need a snack or some water. I have a body pillow but I don't really think it helps me.

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• Me too! I just get up and do stuff around the house for a half hour to an hour and then try to fall back asleep. Usually works...
  • Yep, Right there with all of you on this!

• I've been like this for weeks. Two nights ago, I was completely awake from 2-6. I usually get up at 6, but let myself sleep until 7 since I was finally able to rest again. I walked around like a zombie yesterday. The exhaustion allowed to finally get one good night of sleep last night!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wake up at 4:30....every night and I hate it. I'm up for at least an hour or hour and a half. Then I wonder why I'm so tired...think I'll be investing in a body pillow this weekend. Hoping that'll help. 

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • Every. Single. Night. Then around 4am the birds start chirping and always wake me up again.

• That's the worst. I fall asleep and if I don't wake up, I sleep like the dead, but once I'm up.... I'm up.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • For about a week after DH got me a Snoogle, I slept all through the night.  However this week NOT the case.  My hips are so sore.  I felt LO a few times last night or so I think (I still cant tell if what Im feeling is kicking or not haha).  The waking up to go pee has subsided a bit, I was getting up 4 -5 times a night, now its once or twice.

I feel your pain though!  Im exhausted in the mornings, and start falling asleep on the couch at night around 8pm.
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• Me too. Go to sleep around 10 and am always up to pee around 4 and get a drink. Takes a good hour to go back to sleep. I toss and turn debate on getting
    a snack but eventually go to see
  • I was like this the first 12 weeks. After that I still get up 6 times a night, but I am so exhausted I can't WAIT to get back to bed to fall asleep. Sometimes, I will lay awake a smidge longer because I can't find a comfortable spot, but I sure hope the insomnia doesn't come back. :(

• I'm able to fall asleep eventually, but boy is it getting hard to get comfy. My shoulders hurt after sleeping on my side, and sleeping on my back is no longer comfy or recommended.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"