May 2014 Moms
Options

***Tuesday Ticker Change***

Week/fruit?

Symptoms?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/raves?

GTKY: How are you feeling about the arrival of your LO? Nervous, anxious, etc...
For those who already have LO here (I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not) How are you adjusting to life with LO?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ***Tuesday Ticker Change***

• Options
    Week/fruit? LO is 1.5 weeks old

Symptoms? My incision is starting to feel better, I'm taking less pain meds and tolerating more activity. I'm still having a hard time pooping despite taking colace twice a day.

Upcoming appointments? C had a pedi appointment last Thursday - all is well with her and she's gaining weight like a champ. I had an appointment today to check my incision because I thought it was looking funny (it's okay and healing well)...I go back next week for my two week checkup and hopefully get the okay to drive again.

Rants/raves? Rants - DS and I baked cookies yesterday and I can't stop eating them :/
    Raves - We're doing newborn/family pics tomorrow - I'm excited :)
    And DH and I really thought that DS was a super amazing baby, but (hopefully I don't jinx us) DD is so much better than DS was. DS had a witching hour every night (possibly he had colic and we didn't realize it?)...he also always needed to be held and he typically only wanted me; DD so far only cries during diaper changes and when she's hungry, she's content being held, in her swing or her bouncy seat.

GTKY: How are you feeling about the arrival of your LO? Nervous, anxious, etc...
    For those who already have LO here (I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not) How are you adjusting to life with LO? We're adjusting fairly well...probably the hardest part has been DS transitioning to everything. He hasn't had a problem with DD but he has been acting out and crying a lot; he also doesn't why I'm not able to pick him up.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Week/fruit? 38 weeks 

Symptoms?cramping so much and lower back pain.  

Upcoming appointments? Tomorrow   

Rants/raves?  I need this baby to STFI until Saturday night. Then she is more than welcome to come. We finally finished LOs nursery. Just in time.

GTKY: How are you feeling about the arrival of your LO? Nervous, anxious, etc... I'm nervous of the unknown of labor being a FTM, but can't wait to have her safely in my arms.

DD #1 5.4.14  
    EDD #2 5.4.17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Week/fruit?
    38 weeks

Symptoms?
    Cankles, cramping, I assume the usual

Upcoming appointments?
    Weekly apt next Tuesday

Rants/raves?
    Rant: still waiting for the nesting to kick in. I'm really hoping I get the drive to scrub he tubs but I'm pretty sure that will never happen! I also need to go to costco.
    Rave: almost done with my thank you notes

I'm getting pretty excited. There are only a few things left on my to-do list. But, the waiting game scares me. I'm not liking this it could happen tomorrow or three weeks from now!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Week/fruit? 36 weeks / Honeydew

Symptoms? Swelling in my legs, lack of sleep

Upcoming appointments? appt this Thursday

Rants/raves? Rants, feeling like i'm running out of time to get things done. I haven't prepared too much for this baby as much as my 1st. Nesting has not kicked in! Raves, I am getting my hair done tonight, it's been forever so i'm super excited to be pampered.

For those who already have LO here (I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not) How are you adjusting to life with LO? I am nervous for the adjustment for my DS who is two. He is my life so, i'm just hoping he will adjust pretty well with the arrival of his brother.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Week/fruit? 36/ Honeydew

Symptoms? Cramping, tired, headaches, BP a little high

Upcoming appointments? Follow up tomorrow for last night's hospital stay and normal check up Monday. Was in the hospital last night, sent from my check up yesterday straight over to L&D. BP was high in the office and some of my ongoing symptoms made my OB concerned.

Rants/raves? Rants: I hate having to collect my pee for 24 hrs. It's a pain in the ass! Really hoping I'm not diagnosed with Pre-e, but OB is kinda confident I will be since I'm showing every symptom practically.
    Raves: So happy my normal OB is back (she was on maternity leave). When I went in yesterday to the office and told her the SAME symptoms that I told the OB that was covering for her and she saw my BP was a little high at the office she sent me straight to L&D. The other OB was like "well there's no protein in your urine, you're fine. Just monitor it at home and relax" kinda thing. Thankfully when I went in last night they caught that I have a bladder infection and I was having contractions. My BP finally lowered, but they had me stay overnight because my contractions started to get intense and very regular. They checked me again this morning and I wasn't dilated anymore than when I went in, so just false labor. Thankfully LO can bake in there a little longer! I got some antibiotics and finally feel like someone is listening to me about these symptoms I've been complaining about for weeks!

For those who already have LO here (I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not) How are you adjusting to life with LO? A little nervous! They said last night was just false labor... dear god real labor is gonna suck then! haha Of course I knew that though. But it calms a few nerves cause I feel like DH and I got a little feel for what will go on when we finally go in for the real deal. Just happy we didn't have her last night/today... I really want to labor at home. Not start from square one in the hospital!

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**
  • Options
    CMA12CMA12 member
    Week/fruit? 38 weeks/Pumpkin!

Symptoms? I feel huge.  Walking is hard now that she's dropped.  Swelling in fingers and toes.  Occasional cramps and lots of Braxton Hicks!

Upcoming appointments? Monday Weeklies

Rants/raves? 
    Rant: Can't wait to walk like a normal person. This waddle, while hilarious, is not the greatest.
    Rave: I was excited to learn I was dilated and the baby dropped sometime between my appointments. I know it could mean nothing for weeks still, but I was still excited!

GTKY: Excited (see above).  There are three friends I have about a couple weeks ahead of me that I follow on Facebook and two are now officially mommies.  That countdown to mine is crazy now, realizing I'm practically next.

• Options
    Week/fruit? 36 weeks / Honeydew

Symptoms? Tired and achy. My hips are hurting from sleeping on my sides.

Upcoming appointments? Weekly appointment again next Monday

Rants/raves? Rants: I'm over being gigantic and pregnant. I am ready for DS to be here. I am praying the next 3 weeks until my RCS fly by.

GTKY: How are you feeling about the arrival of your LO? I'm excited to meet him and hold him! I can't wait to see DH and DD with him. I'm nervous about getting into a good routine with both DD (she'll be 2y 2m when DS arrives) and DS. We just started potty training DD, which probably sounds insane with DS due in 3 week, but DD was ready and actually asked to sit on the potty. So, we jumped at the chance and started training her. I'm praying we get her trained and that she doesn't regress once DS arrives.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Week/fruit? 37

Symptoms? Swollen feet/hands, back pain, pelvic muscles are sore from his head/shoulders, BH/contractions, nausea, pain in general.

Upcoming appointments? Had one today.  NST showed DS perfect.  Got reprimanded for my blood sugar...DH almost lost his temper because we are on WIC and don't have the money to eat super healthy, so carbs run our lives.  OB made me cry.   I've been having contractions and BH mixed for the past week which doesn't help.  Induction date is May 12 at 38w 6d due to the baby beetus and thyroid...unless he pushes himself out before then.

Rants/raves? Rant: Still so much to do, but I'm in too much pain to do it.  
    Rave: The end is in sight!  I can't wait to hold my son!

For those who already have LO here (I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not) How are you adjusting to life with LO?

FTM: I'm nervous about being in charge of another human being, but excited about his arrival!  I am ready to not be miserable and have excitement and energy again.  DH is missing the old me and is doing his best to help, but it just doesn't seem like enough sometimes.  
    In memory of the angel babies that were too perfect for Earth.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"