Trouble TTC
Options

GTKY: What was your best birthday celebration ever?

Mine was when my uncle comped the best suite in his hotel for me for a weekend. I had just gone through a really rough time and needed a place to get away. DH and I turned off our phones, only saw my uncle for dinners, and just relaxed. His hotel is right on the beach in Carlsbad and we had a gorgeous view. I can't remember a time when I was more relaxed. It was perfect.

Your turn!
Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole

Re: GTKY: What was your best birthday celebration ever?

• Options
    You guys have awesome stories! My most interesting vacation was in Jamaica, but that was my honeymoon, not my birthday LOL. Shanghai, Vegas and Grand Canyon, love it!

I used to go to the Grand Canyon every year because my dad was an astronomer and they held a week-long astronomy group camping trip there every year. I love it there and I hope to take my husband someday!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @calindi, I love to hear about people who appreciate China (DH's home)! That brought back lots of study abroad memories. :)

I just turned 29 this weekend and "celebrated" by cleaning the house and catching up on laundry while DH was at work. It felt nice though to just center and feel ready for a new year.

My best adult birthday (nothing can compare to those awesome kids' parties my mom put on!) was the 25th. We reserved a huge, gaudy room for Chinese-style karaoke and invited all my girlfriends. Nothing quite like it stateside, unfortunately!
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options

@calindi, I love to hear about people who appreciate China (DH's home)! That brought back lots of study abroad memories. :)

I just turned 29 this weekend and "celebrated" by cleaning the house and catching up on laundry while DH was at work. It felt nice though to just center and feel ready for a new year.

My best adult birthday (nothing can compare to those awesome kids' parties my mom put on!) was the 25th. We reserved a huge, gaudy room for Chinese-style karaoke and invited all my girlfriends. Nothing quite like it stateside, unfortunately!
    For my 26th this year, I spent the whole weekend with DH cleaning and doing laundry. I told him it (a clean house) was the best birthday present ever. He also took me to a movie lol
  • Options
    **kid mentioned**

My favorite was my 10th birthday.  My Mom took me to Old Orchard Beach in Maine for a long weekend.  I remember going out for Chinese on my actual birthday.  We ordered the Pupu platter, and It came out on fire!!  I was so excited!  My senior year of HS, our parents had to write us letters about their fondest memories of raising us.  My Mom wrote about that trip.  

This year is my niece's 10th birthday.  Her mother is not involved  much, So i'm going to take her to the beach, and hopefully create a memory that she will have forever!

That's great that you're going to do that for your niece!

My 10th birthday was my best childhood birthday, too. My 10th birthday was during the beginning of the first season of the Arizona Diamondbacks. My parents took me and my grandparents to the game. It was amazing and I've loved baseball ever since!
  • Options
    Your birthdays were amazing!

@RammerJammer‌ that is awesome!!! I have never traveled alone like that except for work and now I totally look up to you for that!!

I've had fun birthdays but not anything huge. One of the most memorable was probably my 30th because my sister threw me a surprise party and I never in a million years would have imagined that and was so surprised!! It was funny because I'm typically a happy, laid back person but I was in a pissy mood that day and HANGRY, lol... So I was not in a good mood when we got to my parents' house where it was haha.

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • Options
    Hoping4LO said:

@calindi‌ and @BunnyBerry‌ - I'm going to Shanghai in less than two weeks!! First time ever in Asia! My best birthday was my 30th, this weekend. DH and I stayed at a b&b and it was wonderfully relaxing. The owners of the b&b even sang happy birthday and brought me a birthday treat. :)

Your birthday was this last weekend? Happy birthday!
  • Options
    My birthday is in the winter.  When I was growing up, we would always have two parties...one for the family, and one for kids.  Now...we usually just end up going out to eat with my parents.
    This past birthday, I got an unexpected day off...we had a whole bunch of snow that basically "shut" down the city.  My birthday dinner was at the Waffle House at the entrance to my neighborhood.

We usually do a long weekend for DH's birthday since it's in June.

DH: 34  
    Aug 2013 - SA: Counts & Motility = great, Morph = 1%; RE didn't seem too concerned

Me: 26
    Jan. 2014 - Blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = high & AMH = low (0.73)
    Feb. 6, 2014 - Repeat blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = normal & AMH = low (0.9)
    Feb.  20, 2014 - First appointment with RE
    Feb. 24, 2014 - HSG scheduled;  DX:  one tube definitely open & one tube could be blocked
    Mar. 7, 2014 - CD 21 Blood work for Progesterone; DX:  Progesterone level at 5.2; shows I ovulated but was low
    Mar. 28, 2014 - Laparoscopy; DX:  Tubes open.  Found some endometriosis and had that removed.

History:
    Started TTC:  June 2012
    June 2012 - March 2013:  When it Happens/it happens method = BFN
    March 2013:  Started using Fertility Friend
    Cycles 1 - 15 with Fertility Friend = BFN
    Cycle 16 - Benched due to Laparoscopy
    Cycle 17 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 18 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19 - Natural Cycle = BFN

Current Cycle:
    Cycle 20 = Natural Cycle

• Options
    ***child mentioned (not mine)***Picture warning***

My best birthday memory was from my 30th birthday. My sweet little nephew who was about 4 at the time decided he wanted to throw me a surprise balloon launch for my birthday. So my sister took him to go pick out balloons and when I got to my mom's house for cake, he ran up to me and told me what he planned. He also brought me a bag full of chocolate because in his 4 year old mind, a balloon launch and a bag of chocolate was the best birthday ever! So we all launched a balloon and made a wish. It was so much fun and the sweetest gift ever. Afterward, of course I went out and partied with friends! Lol

********Siggy/Ticker Warning***********

Me (35) no known issues DH (37) MFI. TTC 21 months (24 cycles)
    Dx MFI with low to normal count, low motility, morphology 3%
    HSG normal, ultrasound and labs on me all normal. 

1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and TI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and IUI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    Started seeing an RE!!
    2 more cycles of clomid 50mg (great response), with IUI and Pregnyl trigger (4.8-8 mil good ones after wash) = all BFN
    1 cycle of clomid 50mg (3-7) followed by Follistim 75iu (7-11) + IUI = BFN
    December 2013 DH saw urologist and is taking Anastrozole, CoQ10, and L-Carnitine
    IUI #5 natural cycle (needed a med break) = BFN
    IUI #6 Follistim 75iu (CD3-10) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI (final count after wash 300K) = BFN
    IUI #7 Follistim 75iu (CD3-9) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI on 2/20 (post wash count 12.5 million)= BFN
    IUI cancelled (DH OOT) Clomid 50mg (CD3-7) 1 follicle +(not well timed) TI = BFN
    IUI #8 and last one!! Clomid 100mg (CD3-7) +OPK before US + IUI 4/17 (post wash 8.5 mil)= BFN

Pre-IVF testing complete! SHG great and measurements taken! Labs for infectious diseases completed, FSH (5.4), TSH (1.6), Prolactin (11), AMH (2.6), Estradiol (40).

Started BCP 5/29 and Lupron 6/11 prep for IVF #1! Started follistim 225u/day on 6/28. Monitoring on 7/2 >15 follicles measuring 11-14, E2 758. Monitoring on 7/5 all ready to go!! Great follicle sizes and lining is at 9. Tigger 7/5, ER 7/7 16R 9M 3F. Stimmed too fast in just 7 days. 7/10 3dt of 2 8-cell grade 2 & 4. 7/14 P4 >60.
    Holy crap BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (14dpo) 7/21 112 Beta #2 (16dpo) 7/23 286 a Beta #3 (18dpo) 7/25 761 Beta #4 (21dpo) 2631!!! Hold on tight little embies!!
      First Ultrasound 8/7- 1 perfect little bean with a beating heart 117bpm!! EDD 3/30.
    Second ultrasound 9/2 Little bean measuring a few days ahead with a heart rate of 161!

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker

March 15 Siggy Challenge: You had one job

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"