May 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone else's migraines increasing before delivery?

I just got one yesterday and one again today. I was taking baby aspirin to prevent them but stopped at 36 weeks on my MWs advice. I had been ok those 2 weeks until yesterday. This morning I not only had the visual aura but also numbness and confusion. It sucks! I'm thinking maybe this is a hormonal shift to prep for labor?

Re: Anyone else's migraines increasing before delivery?

• Options
    Woah-visual aura? numbness and confusion? That sounds a little wonky, you may want to call your provider and let them know---these could be signs on pre-e!
  • Options
    Woah-visual aura? numbness and confusion? That sounds a little wonky, you may want to call your provider and let them know---these could be signs on pre-e!

I just went in today and my bp is 100/60. No pre-e for me. Those symptoms are actually common with some forms of migraine. They suck though...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine have increased as well. I was taking magnesium for them, but stopped a few weeks ago.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Wow that sounds horrible! No migraines here but I am gettin bad headaches I am pretty bad at drinking water I try and drink 10 a day but if I get any less than 6 I wake up with a bad headache that won't go away until I replenish. It's been that way for a little over a week now no bueno! Especially since little girl is so low so I'm peeing so much more now.
  • Options
    jfletcher3113jfletcher3113 member
    edited April 2014
    I haven't had any headaches/migraines for months and all of sudden the past two days I've had them again. Bad migraine yesterday and today it feels like a lingering headache. I take Tylenol but it does very little. Glad to know I'm not alone, but I'm also wondering why it's hitting me all of sudden. I plan to ask my doctor about this on Thursday. 

Edited: Typo 
  • Options
    vszapp said:

I just went in today and my bp is 100/60. No pre-e for me. Those symptoms are actually common with some forms of migraine. They suck though...

Yikes! Well, glad no pre-e, but still not fun :(   Hope you get some relief soon!

• Options
    I get these too, and I had one that was lasting 5 days. Turned out to be allergy related. Took a clairitin, and finally found some relief. Tylenol wasn't cutting it, my OB even prescribed Vicodin and that did nothing. Worth looking into at least! (I was also ruled out of pre-e).
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Mine have increased also. I hadn't had one since January and the. Had one last week. I also get the aura and half my body and face goes numb (has always done this though). It sucks!
  • Options
    I had terrible first tri headaches/migraines. Since Friday I've had a headache on and off all day, every day (BP is fine). Only one got close to migraine territory, thank God!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Migraine sufferer here as well. My MW finally gave me Tylenol with codeine to help. I am almost 40 weeks and had one that last almost a week. Nothing was working. Greatful for the relief. I can't imagine trying to push DD out with a migraine. L&D is aware that I may get one and they said they could give me pain relief to stop it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"