2nd Trimester
Options

Swollen feet at 17 weeks???

Has anyone experienced this that early? I'm a little worried it's too early for this!

Re: Swollen feet at 17 weeks???

• Options
    I haven't experienced swollen feet yet, are you in a hot climate (or in a warmer state) being in a hot environment can be a factor. Also I make it a habit to put my feet up every time we sit down in the evenings. While watching TV, reading, or even just talking. My feet are up... I do this so that I am already in the habit of putting my feet up. drink lots of water and keep putting them up!
  • Options
    My hands will swell after I take DS for a walk.
    DH and I are Americans living an adventure in Kenya since 2011
    DX: PCOS (annovulatory)
    Feb 2012: IUI #1 w/ only 1M sperm and a single follie = BFP! 
    Nov 2012: Little buddy born in Kenya
    Nov 2013: Trying for a second, still w PCOS
    Dec 2013: IUI cycle canceled for non-response
    Jan 2014: Break cycle BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok I will do! I'm in NY so it's still pretty cool out. Maybe just too much sodium. I'm going to call the dr today just to see what he says
  • Options

My feet have been pretty swollen lately, for the past week or so. I'm in an area that is pretty warm now after a really cold winter. Temps here are around 80s now. I was told to prop my feet up when I can and drink plenty of water. I was also told to watch my salt intake.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been swelling up too, also 17 weeks and from NYC.  I am dreading what the heat and humidity is going to bring in a few short weeks...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I called my dr today and he didn't seem too concerned. Told me at work to try and keep my feet up any chance I get, watch sodium, drink more water etc. I'm glad I'm not the only one. All my friends made me feel something was wrong since the swelling typically happens a little later on. I guess everyone is different!
  • Options
    Yeah it's already happening to me too, I'm down here in the South - same as PP's said, my OB advised about watching sodium and water intake. Also said to wear comfortable, supportive shoes if standing/moving around a lot.

• Options
    At the end of the day, especially says where I haven't gotten up from my desk and moved around enough, I've found my feet and ankles are swelling. I try tokeep elevated as much as possible at work. I'm at 21w4d....it started last week.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    it's happened to me since about 12-13 weeks at the end of the work day.  I just try to put my feet up when I can and try to drink more water.

• Options
    With my first I began to swell at 14 weeks, no more rings, feet went up a shoe size, and nothing i did changed anything! It was bad my whole pregnancy, my advice, is stay hydrated, buy better shoes, and just wait it out!

Sorry your swelling so soon, its no fun... But bright side is after the baby is here you will have a lot of weight loss real fast as you expel the water in your body!
    Good Luck!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Options
    Thank you!! I'm going to try all of these suggestions!! I'm feeling better I'm not alone here!
  • Options
    Yes it can happen that early. Drink lots of water and make sure you put your feet up when you can. I didn't have swollen feet until towards the end of my twin pregnancy a lot except when I was doing a lot of standing/walking. My hands however were swollen from the beginning. I am experiencing the same thing this time too... my wedding rings haven't fit since I got pregnant but feet are fine unless I'm on them a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"