Light-colored granite counters — The Bump
Stay at Home Moms

Light-colored granite counters

We are considering putting a light-colored granite in our kitchen (cream colored with brown spots), but I'm concerned about staining. I guess if you leave anything greasy, or anything dark (wine, fruit cartons) it can stain since the stone is porous. The stone people say it is fine if sealed, but is that really true? If you have light granite in the kitchen, has it been a problem? Would you do it again? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Light-colored granite counters

• We have Venetian gold...it's not as light as a cream color, but we've had no issues with staining. This did remind me that I need to seal it though....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• lolonyo said:
    We have Venetian gold...it's not as light as a cream color, but we've had no issues with staining. This did remind me that I need to seal it though....
    We also have New Venetian gold and I have not noticed any staining issues, though the pattern might be a bit busier than what you are looking at.  Ours is about 3.5 years old.
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, honestly, it looks nice but it really is a pain in the ass to maintain. We have to seal ours every 3-6 months if we really want to keep it stain free, and we're very careful about what gets set down on the counters, just in case. I swear, sometimes I just want to pour a bottle of olive oil on them and let it soak in everywhere and be done with it.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

sschwegeNicoleWInonoemily
  • eaglesfan700eaglesfan700
    Ninth Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    We have a white quartz and I love it. The brand is Silestone and the color is Stellar Snow and they are really nice, no staining at all

ETA - I have never had to seal it
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards