2nd Trimester

Baby Shower Etiquette

Hi ladies, 
I have a shower etiquette question. I have two close friends that mentioned they wanted to plan my shower very early in my pregnancy. My issue is, they (along with all my friends and family) live 300 miles away so I would be traveling there for the shower. Doc says I shouldn't travel in my third tri because of possible complications so I'm limited to the next 7 weeks. They haven't mentioned the shower since the initial time. Is it rude to tell them about my travel restrictions? I don't want them to feel uncomfortable if for some reason they can't or don't want to host anymore. But I know most showers happen in the third tri so they may be planning for that but not telling me yet. My main concern is that I don't want them to feel obligated to throw a shower if I tell them about my travel restrictions. Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

Re: Baby Shower Etiquette

• They already offered to host one... I would tell them about your travel restrictions since I would hate to do all the planning to find out you can't attend.
  • I would tell them to keep them in the loop but I would also say something like "I don't want you to feel obligated" or whatever you feel works. It's not like your fishing for a shower offer.
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
    imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ^wss. If they already offered, it seems legit thing to do.

• They might be trying to keep the date a surprise. As PP said if they are close friends you can totally bring up the travel restrictions without even mentioning the shower.

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• Is it possible for them to come to you and have the shower where you're at so that you won't have to travel in your 3rd tri?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"