December 2013 Moms

What kind of routine does your baby do?

DanicaliDanicali member
edited April 2014 in December 2013 Moms
We were always kind of doing Eat, Play, Sleep, but recently my little guy decided he didn't want to eat upon waking and got hungry before he went down. So now he's doing Eat, Sleep, Play. I'm just worried that he will start to associate eating with nap time. He doesn't fall asleep nursing, so maybe I have nothing to worry about. What does your baby do?

What kind of routine does your baby do? 142 votes

Eat, Sleep, Play
34% 49 votes
Eat, Play, Sleep
38% 55 votes
Just show me the results
26% 38 votes

Re: What kind of routine does your baby do?

• Eat, play, sleep except for one nursing session right before bed.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Loading the player...
  • It depends, she does both. Depends on the time of day and her mood, I guess. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • honestly ours has changed around quite a bit.  First we did eat, play, sleep, but then her naps started changing a bunch & running into our usual "feeding times" & whatnot, & somehow it ended up being eat, sleep, play more recently.  But that said it still changes.  The biggest thing I follow is not really either of those options, but more the general rule that LO can stay up for about 2 hours at a time.  So I base everything around that.  Once she wakes up, it's okay we have 2 hours til the next nap.  And whether that happens to be just after one of our feeding times or not is okay.  Like yours, she doesn't fall asleep nursing, & I don't even nurse in her room (I do it downstairs) so I don't really feel like it's an association that I would worry about.
  • I try for eat, play, sleep, but honestly, the timings of everything have been different probably every day she's been alive, despite my best efforts at a loose schedule.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm with SSM. we shoot for eat, sleep, play but most of the time it's eat, sleep, eat, play. Which is good. My pedi wants me to wean a couple of her night feedings to increase what she eats during the day.

We are working on eat, play, sleep. It works 25% of the time.
  • Ok, I'm probably doing something wrong. What's wrong with DS associating eating with nap time? A lot of times he will fall asleep while or right after eating. What bad habits am I forming?!

Sorry to thread jack
  • Why is eat then sleep not a good thing?
    We're pretty much the same as @osajia‌
  • GTown08GTown08 member
    edited April 2014
    My LO definitely falls asleep on the bottle most of the time.  But like @sweetsouthernmomma08, during the day we'll get some eat, sleep, eat, play, eat, sleep.  Otherwise, it's a lot of eat, sleep, play. 
    http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_bird2&T=t_b11&D=20131129&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Teddy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green
  • swirl25 said:
    It depends, she does both. Depends on the time of day and her mood, I guess. 
    This.  For both.

Beckett Rilee & Caitlyn Leigh born 9-21-13 @ 27w due to PPROM

• The bad habit is they might associate sleep with eating so they might later not be able to sleep without eating first. I'm trying to break it but sleep is pretty hard to come by. So I go with it
  • vorsevorse member
    I do the eat, play, sleep for the most part. I remember reading in the Secrets of the Baby Whisperer book that as long as they don't fall asleep while eating, and fall asleep right after eating, then they shouldn't associate the eating with sleeping. I don't really see what the problem would be either... As long as they sleep, who the hell cares how it happens!? But I remember the author said even a diaper change right after eating and then passing out is ok. Whatever works, I say!
  • M&H2011 said:

She always nurses before sleeping but doesn't always sleep after nursing. I just follow her cues.

This is exactly how it is for us. I worry that she won't fall asleep without nursing. However, every now and then she'll nurse earlier before bedtime and I am able to just rock her to sleep.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"