Parenting
Options

I just gave my kid prednisone

How bad and/or crazy will my evening be?

Re: I just gave my kid prednisone

• Options
    LauraT25 said:
    ..with a doctor's supervision?
    Do people give kids prednisone without doctor's supervision?  If so, I am not one of them.  

• Options
    Depends on the kid. Most will do just fine. My friends son woke up in the middle of the night totally wired and recited the alphabet at lightening speed for an hour. He just couldn't get to sleep. The first dose is the toughest. I would expect some wakefulness. Getting
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i posted yesterday about his breathing issues, and they haven't gotten much better so the doctor prescribed prednisone and she told me to give him a full dose this afternoon.  i'd heard horror stories about toddlers and oral steroids before so was just looking for experiences.  not all that random but i probably don't get noticed much/am not a super active poster so i can see how my post might seem random.

• Options
    Don't scare me. Please! Reese has to be on prednisone for 14 DAYS this summer and I am already starting to panic.
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    DD2 is on day 4 out of 5 of her steroid burst. We were warned to give it as early in the day as possible. Her sleep hasn't been too bad once she falls asleep. It's taking her an extra 30 minutes or so to get down.
    Eleanor 1/8/10 Harriet 1/19/12 Margaret 10/31/2013
  • Options
    DD is fine on hers. No different.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hawkward said:

When DS took it, he stripped down naked, ran around screaming, and built a wall out of cardboard blocks in his bedroom window and doorway. It was strange times in our house. He didn't sleep much that night either. The first dose was definitely the worst, and I've heard some kids don't have bad reactions at all. Good luck!

DS has done this without prednisone.

image image
  • Options
    Well, things are particularly wild here tonight. Plus side, he's hardly wheezing at all.

• Options
    When Ds needed it he slept fine but that could be because he was so exhausted from coughing/asthma attack.

Anyway, it's worth the craziness because that shit works instantly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"