1st Trimester

Odd cycles

Since going off BC July 2013 my cycles have ranged from 25-31 days, averaging 27 days. The amount of bleeding varies each cycle, sometimes stopping for a day then coming back, but typically lasting 6 days. I did an OPK one month and it showed I ovulate. I went to my OB and she says that my cycles sound normal, and to not worry that we haven't gotten pregnant until it has been one year of trying (since I am under 35). 

Well, now I'm wondering if I'm going through early menopause or something cause usually my breasts hurt extremely bad 10 days before my period. Last month, and this month, there is no pain at all. I did have change in my CM, so I think I may have ovulated...but shouldn't my breasts be sore from increase in progesterone that is supposed to happen the 2nd half of our cycles? 

I'm tired of getting my hopes up but then also feeling like something is wrong.

I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this- what ended up happening with you?

Re: Odd cycles

• Loading the player...
  • Jags8Jags8 member
    Your cycles don't sound odd at all. Very normal, actually. Sore boobs isn't always a sign. The absence of sore boobs certainly isn't a sign of menopause.

As others said, get a BBT thermometer and start tracking your temps on Fertility Friend. OPKs only tell you when your body is gearing up to ovulate, they can't tell you if you actually ovulate. Only temping can confirm when you ovulate.
  • mb314mb314 member
    Also, try the Trying to Get Pregnant Board.  Lurk there, learn about your cycle through Fertility Friend, and start charting.  It can take your body several months to adjust to going off the pill, and then it can take several more months to get pregnant. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Like others mentioned, it's best if you start charting your cycle. There are tons of fertility charting apps and websites out there to help you log your data. This is the best way to understand your ovulation symptoms and timing, and will help your doctor pinpoint issues when the time comes, if it does.

And yes, your cycles sound normal. Cycles that are fairly consistant (27-31 days) are normal. If your cycle was, like, 45 days, then 20 days, then another 50 days, well that's a cause for concern

Oh, and I never really had sore boobs during any point in my cycle, so while a symptom for some women, not for all!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • drpaynedrpayne member
    edited April 2014
    Start charting. Your cycles don't sound all that wacky, many women don't have exactly the same cycle each month. Jumping to "going through early menopause" is like thinking you have a brain tumor when you get a headache.
    This.  And while I used to get sore boobs with PMS (and with my first pregnancy it was the first symptom) it doesn't happen anymore. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My cycles ranged from 28 days to 60+ days so your variation doesn't sound like very much. Like what PP have said, track your BBT and invest in ovulation kits (although temping is really the only way to confirm ovulation). 

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • Those cycles sound fine to me. Mine range like that.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thank you for your suggestions and thoughts. I have downloaded the FF app and will start tracking temp more regularly...and the early menopause was kinda a joke, although I have read in a medical journal I read that you can have early menopause in your 30's. Just found out today that I had an abnormal PAP last week, but it shouldn't affect our chances of conceiving.

Thanks again for the input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"