February 2014 Moms
Options

Insurance question *long*

I went in for my six week checkup on March 26 and ordered the implant the same day for long term BC. They said it would take about a week to get the charges approved with my insurance and have it shipped to them, but I should expect to have it in less than two weeks. Things kept getting delayed or something would happen and it took forever to get it all sorted. Fast forward to today and they call to confirm my appt to have it implanted and inform me that because tomorrow is my last coverage day, that they're not sure if I'll be billed for the procedure or not.

I have been on them and on them since last month to get this all taken care of and am really annoyed that even after informing them repeatedly that I'm losing my insurance, it still took them this long.

Finally, the question: If they do end up billing me for it, would I have any grounds to contest the charges?
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
photo 031414d1_zps227fd907.jpg photo SilverPoster_zpsec3507ce.jpg
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
photo Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpg Peanut 07/05/07 CP @ 4w3d photo Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpg Sweet Pea 04/21/08 @ 7wks
The Blog

Re: Insurance question *long*

• Options
    slwprincessslwprincess member
    edited April 2014
    If you are not insured on the day of the procedure, it will not be covered.  If the Doctor's office files it with a false date, pretty sure that would be insurance fraud.  So no, you have no grounds to dispute it and will be responsible for any charges.  If your insurance runs out tomorrow, I would show up in the office first thing in the morning and ask to speak to your Dr and explain the situation that their staff has put you in.  The IUD procedure itself is all of 10 minutes... maybe they can squeeze you in?

• Options
    I'm thinking common sense, which insurance companies don't typically use, but if you're covered on the day of the procedure than I would think that you are good. They can bill you afterwards, but you were covered that day.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you still have coverage on the day of the procedure, insurance should still cover it. Especially if it was approved by insurance already. They need to make sure to bill it promptly and with the correct date of service, if you get a bill, start by calling insurance to see how it was billed. GL.
  • Options
    Definitely not talking about insurance fraud! They just got the implant into the office today and I have the implant procedure scheduled for tomorrow. It has taken this long for delivery due to something that the office did (or didn't do). I did everything they asked me to, including calling the pharma company they contract with to expedite the delivery. If the delay is the fault of the office, shouldn't the office take responsibility for that? I ordered it with plenty of time.

Or so I thought.
    photo Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpg Peanut 07/05/07 CP @ 4w3d photo Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpg Sweet Pea 04/21/08 @ 7wks
    The Blog
  • Options
    HisLovf said:
    Definitely not talking about insurance fraud! They just got the implant into the office today and I have the implant procedure scheduled for tomorrow. It has taken this long for delivery due to something that the office did (or didn't do). I did everything they asked me to, including calling the pharma company they contract with to expedite the delivery. If the delay is the fault of the office, shouldn't the office take responsibility for that? I ordered it with plenty of time. Or so I thought.
    OK so if the procedure is tomorrow and your last day of coverage is tomorrow, you're good.  No matter when they bill it, it goes by the date of service.

• Options
    Then why are they telling me they might have to charge me? It doesn't make any sense. :-?
    The Blog
  • Options
    HisLovf said:
    Then why are they telling me they might have to charge me? It doesn't make any sense. :-?
    I think she must have been confused or something.  Because I would say that if you DO have the procedure on the last day of coverage and then they try to bill you any way, you WOULD be able to dispute that.  Just make sure that you keep a copy of whatever paperwork they give you tomorrow showing the actual date of procedure.  

• Options
    I'll do that. Thanks :)
    The Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"