Parenting

Question for moms of boys

I asked on my month board but didn't really get any response. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with their son freaking out while naked? When we get him undressed for his bath and take his diaper off he walks bowlegged to the bath tub and is crying. He acts like he's scared of his private parts and doesn't want his legs touching them. Does anyone have any advice or gone through this? I feel really bad because I don't know what to do.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Question for moms of boys

• How old is he? Does he seem to be in any discomfort while his clothes are on? Have you brought it up to a dr? How long has this been going on?

I'm sorry he's struggling!
  • How old is he?

My son started doing this about 6 months before he potty trained (so about age 2-2&2 1/2).  He was diaper trained and we realized he was scared he'd have an accident.

• Loading the player...
  • DS has always been in love with his.  No advice here.  Just this morning, he told me it was sad that I don't have a penis. 

I'd ask the pedi about it if he seems that uncomfortable.
    The Book of Love Has Music in it

• DS loves being naked, we have to try to keep his clothes on haha.  But he does walk around bow legged after he takes his diaper off.  DH said he was probably just trying to air himself out or unstick his penis?
  • He's 28 months old, we haven't even tried potty training yet. He acts fine when his clothes are on and doesn't touch it ever. He was poking at his diaper with his clothes on a few weeks ago. I guess I'll take him to the doctor to get it checked if he doesn't get any better. I thought it was weird he's a boy that doesn't like it though!

• He's 28 months old, we haven't even tried potty training yet. He acts fine when his clothes are on and doesn't touch it ever. He was poking at his diaper with his clothes on a few weeks ago. I guess I'll take him to the doctor to get it checked if he doesn't get any better. I thought it was weird he's a boy that doesn't like it though!

STUCK IN THE GD BOX

Ours hadn't started anything even remotely close to potty training either, he was just becoming more aware of all that.  It was one of the early signs he was getting close to being ready.  That's all...

STUCK IN THE GD BOX

Ours hadn't started anything even remotely close to potty training either, he was just becoming more aware of all that.  It was one of the early signs he was getting close to being ready.  That's all...
    Thanks, glad I'm not the only one...

• Question, is he circ'd? Do you think there is a discomfort with the skin tightening or something?? Does he get an erection when his diaper comes off? Maybe that is freaking him out? Definitely talk to your pedi. GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • LaurelBee said:
    Question, is he circ'd? Do you think there is a discomfort with the skin tightening or something?? Does he get an erection when his diaper comes off? Maybe that is freaking him out? Definitely talk to your pedi. GL
    Yea he's circumcised, I haven't noticed anything weird when his diaper comes off but if it doesn't get better in the next week I'll probably take him to the doctor to make sure it's not a UTI.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"