Cloth Diapering

~~~ Pact Grads Check In ~~~

It's that time again!

What's up pregnant ladies?  Any newbies (ahem, @ITK cough cough)?  How is everyone feeling?  Any news, symptoms, questions, concerns?  New fluff?  Nursery AWs?  @jmejme when are you going to have that baby?  Did you have your first early?  I know you have got to be ready to go.

QOTW #1: Who is going to have their baby first... @mapleme or @jmejme@ABColeslaw don't you have a date set?

QOTW #2: Who wants to take over the check in when I have my baby? 
TTC with PCOS since November 2009
IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
beta #2 11/28 = 2055
Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
imageimageimage

Re: ~~~ Pact Grads Check In ~~~

• I'm still hanging in.  I found out last week that I'm group B positive this time, so that means IV antibiotics.  I'm not excited about it.  I did med free with E and was hoping to do so again this time.  Hopefully they can just run the antibiotics and shut off the IV and I can still walk around and stuff.  LO also measured small last week (just by fundal height.)  So that could be that she has dropped enough that they can't get a good measurement, or it could be that she hasn't grown since last week.  FX she just dropped.
    MH is having a huge birthday party at our house this weekend.  When I'll be 38 weeks pregnant.  I'm pretty nervous about it, but he has enlisted several people to help, and I've made it clear that I cannot be responsible for this party.  He will be lucky if I just show up.
    I got NB diapers prepped, woohoo!  And the nursery will be finished this week or this weekend, so I'll AW next week.  And I finally broke down and bought a NB Simplex in Paisley at full freaking price on Earth Day bc I have coveted it since it came out. 
    QOTW #1: Sorry @mapleme, but my money's on @jmejme
    QOTW #2: The check in is really easy!  And fun!  You should volunteer.  Yes, you!
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • I have nothing new. Nothing at all. I don't have a guess, but wouldn't it be cool to have a 3 way tie? What's your due date tj? I can do the check in. I'm not due til August so that would span awhile.
    SOLD!

I'm due 5/15.  I think @mapleme and I will both have our babies on mother's day, and @jmejme will beat us both. 
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • edited April 2014
    I'm done. Over it! This baby better make an appearance by next week! DD was born on her due date. I've been dilated 3 cm for 2 weeks and lots of cramps and contractions. I went from horribly uncomfortable to miserable two days ago. Baby, come ooouuuttt!!!!

I'm betting on myself, only because that's what I'm hoping for, haha.

ETA: CDR: I have a million NB dipes, but I'm suddenly super bummed that I don't have a NB BG in Lovelace. Like, really super bummed. I have 3 OS ones, but I'm thinking it would be cute for NB pics.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• This is at least the third grad check in I've seen, but no pact check in :( Wth.
    Maybe somebody new needs to take it over? 
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Not much new here, but 2nd pregnancies go by so much faster than first!
    I am in the awkward stage right now where I am not showing yet, but my fat is being pushed around to weird places.
    I am picking up a few used nb BG AiOs tomorrow. Not expecting much, but for $3, worth the try.

Q#1: @jmejme

#2 sounds like SAK has it covered.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• This is at least the third grad check in I've seen, but no pact check in :( Wth.
    Maybe somebody new needs to take it over? 
    I'm yelling you, it'll be me talking to myself lol
    How is that any different than your usual posts @chickypoo2468?
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • I'm feeling pretty good this week, except for breathing at night. My sinuses have decided to revolt each evening, sometime b/n midnight and 2am, and I wind up mouth breathing so I won't smother. It sucks, but it could be worse. We picked up the nursery furniture last Friday. I bought the floor model and got a steal of a deal. It's not the one we originally thought we would get, but I still like it. Here is a link. We got the Walnut version. The best thing about getting furniture was that it finally got DH in high gear to clean out his office. He worked on it almost all day Sunday. If he puts in about 2 more long days, we should be able to paint soon.

Q1: I am a terrible guesser. And DS is trying to help by driving his tractor across the keys, so that's my cue to exit.

• I'm feeling a little better this week thanks to zofran! I feel like everyone is at the end except ITK and me. We need more graduates!!! I can't wait to see pics of all these babies in their nb fluff!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• TJ1979 said:
    I'm still hanging in.  I found out last week that I'm group B positive this time, so that means IV antibiotics.  I'm not excited about it.  I did med free with E and was hoping to do so again this time.  Hopefully they can just run the antibiotics and shut off the IV and I can still walk around and stuff. 
    ___snip----

I was GBS+ with G, and still had my med free birth.  They put in a hep lock & attached an IV shortly after I checked in.  I got my first dose of anti-biotics while they did the mandatory 20 minutes of monitoring, and then they took out the IV and just left the hep lock.  I walked and bounced and did what I needed to do.  If I'd had a longer labor they would have put the IV back in for a 2nd dose of anti-biotics, but G came too fast for that.

Anyway just wanted to let you know you can totally still do med-free with GBS+.  It's NBD.  Also FX that baby just dropped in preparation for meeting her mama!

image imageimageimage

• Thanks @CLLDLL.  She also told me that we would have to do pitocin if I wasn't progressing quickly enough bc the GBS can cause the baby to get sepsis.  But none of my research, nor anecdotal evidence on TB has supported that claim.  Little things that throw me off my plan make me panic though. 
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • JmeJme said:
    I'm done. Over it! This baby better make an appearance by next week! DD was born on her due date. I've been dilated 3 cm for 2 weeks and lots of cramps and contractions. I went from horribly uncomfortable to miserable two days ago. Baby, come ooouuuttt!!!! I'm betting on myself, only because that's what I'm hoping for, haha. ETA: CDR: I have a million NB dipes, but I'm suddenly super bummed that I don't have a NB BG in Lovelace. Like, really super bummed. I have 3 OS ones, but I'm thinking it would be cute for NB pics.

------stuck in box------

Not sure if it's still there & I'm at work so I can't check, but our local CL had an ad last week with someone selling her whole NB stash.  It was mostly Tots Bots Tiny Fits, but I'm pretty sure she had a handful of BG NB AIOs and one was Lovelace.  Worth a try anyway!

image imageimageimage

• Mapleme said:
    Oh yeah, I just found out that I'm GBS+ too. DH keeps telling me that I "have a dirty, dirty bottom." Thanks hun... My hospital just does the lock thing on my hand to give each dose. They're all about med-free there. They won't offer meds, you have to ask for them and I can still do a tub birth (with the lock taped up). And I have to stay for the full 48 hours after delivery so they can watch M for any complications, but I was planning on it anyway.
    Interestingly @mapleme I was reading some "home remedies" for GBS, and they involved consuming shit-tons of probiotics.  Which, you already do.  So, hmm. 
    I was NOT planning on staying the 48 hours.  But now we will.  Sigh. 
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Mapleme said:

Man! I can't believe you're all betting against me!

But, yeah. I'd bet against me on that one too. Overall I'm still doing pretty well. Still going to the gym daily and baking up a storm. But M has definitely dropped. I think I'm getting some carpal tunnel and starting to swell a little. Interestingly I seem to be more swollen in the morning than at night. Although I'm freaking tired. But I seem to be getting better at functioning on less sleep, which I guess is a good thing. Coffee is my friend now. In spite of what so many people say, I actually think sleep will be better postpartum than it is now. I'm so looking forward to everyone's new squishes.

I got most of my Earth Day purchases. Although Sweet Bottom Baby accidentally sent me 5 gallon pail liners instead of full sized. But they responded to my email right away and are already sending me the right order. I got a few different mama cloth options, including Party in My Pants. Everyone raves about them and I was drawn to their thinness, but holy moly they are thin! I almost can't believe that they work. If they work as well as folks say, they will definitely be my favorite.

I slept WAY better postpartum than the end of pregnancy last time. I would literally get 2-3hrs of sleep a night the last 2-3 weeks.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• TJ1979 said:
    Thanks @CLLDLL.  She also told me that we would have to do pitocin if I wasn't progressing quickly enough bc the GBS can cause the baby to get sepsis.  But none of my research, nor anecdotal evidence on TB has supported that claim.  Little things that throw me off my plan make me panic though. 

Ugh I hate it when Dr.s try to scare you into doing what's easier for them based on something not quite true.  If you're really set on not wanting pitocin, maybe try talking with your pediatrician.  Mine was fine with me only having the one does of antibiotics. She just wanted to see G at discharge, 4 days old, 1 week old, and 2 weeks old to be sure he was ok.  I know some midwives are actually ok with just giving mom oral antibiotics starting near the due date. 

Also, they didn't make us stay the whole 48 hours.  In fact I could have been released after 12, but we decided to have G circumcised and had to wait 24 hours to be able to have that done.  Then another couple hours for them to watch him and make sure he was peeing after the procedure.  So we probably stayed 30 ish hours.

image imageimageimage

• @CLLDLL‌ Thanks! I tried emailing on that ad and got no response, and I'm weird about texting or calling randoms off CL. Maybe I'll try again and the email went to their spam or something....

BabyFruit Ticker

• JmeJme said:
    @CLLDLL‌ Thanks! I tried emailing on that ad and got no response, and I'm weird about texting or calling randoms off CL. Maybe I'll try again and the email went to their spam or something....

FX she replies soon!  I totally get being weird about calling/texting randoms.  I miss pay phones for that reason!

image imageimageimage

• jcwinstojcwinsto member
    edited April 2014
    TJ1979 said:
    Thanks @CLLDLL.  She also told me that we would have to do pitocin if I wasn't progressing quickly enough bc the GBS can cause the baby to get sepsis.  But none of my research, nor anecdotal evidence on TB has supported that claim.  Little things that throw me off my plan make me panic though. 

That's silly!  I was induced with pitocin and was in labor 30 hours.  The whole reason they give antibiotics is so that you don't pass it on to the baby during the actual delivery process.  I didn't even know I was positive until I came in to the hospital and I asked them what it was exactly.  The nurses didn't even know but they found some reading material for me.  Apparently it is just a little virus that is really easy to catch and doesn't usually have symptoms so you don't even know you have it.  You can be positive for one birth but not positive for another.  Also, I was told that antibiotics just need to be given every 4 hours that you are in labor so I would imagine that you would just have to be hooked up while it is being delivered (maybe 20 minutes) and then they could unhook you.  I would imagine that they would leave the IV in your arm though since they won't know how long you will be in labor and might have to hook you back up for another dose.

ETA: They broke my water at like 10 hours in I think so I don't think they were worried about introducing it that way.

• Nothing new going on here. I can't wait until the military has our new house ready so we can actually have space for a nursery. I feel like I can't even think about what it will look like since I don't even know what the shape of the room will be or even how big it will be. 
    No new fluff this week. At least not yet. I still want to order 6 more NB workhorse diapers and a few snappies then my newborn stash will be complete. I'll have to contain myself for the rest of my pregnancy. Maybe I'll have a boy and have to get some boyish prints in some OS diapers. FX! H and I want a boy anyway since we already have a little girl! 
  • @TJ1979 I was GBS+ and ended up with an IV pretty much the whole time because I couldn't stop vomiting and they were concerned about dehydration, but the original plan was for a heplock. Even with the IV I was pretty free to move around and get into the tub and still had a med free birth. The only thing that upset me about the IV was that my nurses administered pitocin right after delivery (that I never agreed to) for no medical reason to get my placenta out faster and I feel like it hindered my bonding process.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • I think I remember hearing that from you before ITK.  Or from someone else, which would be sad.  Thanks for the PSA, and I will make sure MH is on top of that.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Not much new going on. My next appt isn't for a few weeks, but that's the GTT... fun. 

I feel like I'm being incredibly indecisive as far as what we need to do/get. Switch DS's room so #2 is in the room closest to ours? Double stroller, or just single stroller, and babywear (a double is just so big...)? 1 or 2 changing stations? 

DH wants to get a minivan with #2 coming. So we still have to start looking at that too. 

Not newborn fluff... but I got my new RaR pocket that I got for $16. For brand new, I couldn't pass it up... and w/ 2u2, I need more dipes anyways, right?

I'm going to vote JmeJme is going first. 
  • I'm done being pregnant and I still have months to go. I went through this is the mid 20ish weeks with DS too. I'm just not up for a 9 month wait. I hate waiting. 

No new fluff. I did reorganize my current stash. I've reorganized the newborn stash in it's bin a few times, but I'm holding off on getting it out, washing, and shelving it because I still have months of waiting. I hate waiting. 

At least I have another appointment tomorrow. I think I get the glucose test at this one too, yay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    I was trying to keep it on the down low for ITK.  Gawd.
  • My eviction date is set for May 15th.  I really want to be done before then though.  Like really want to be done. 

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • @abcoleslaw That's my due date!  Okay, you are in on the race with me and @mapleme!
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • TJ1979 said:
    @abcoleslaw That's my due date!  Okay, you are in on the race with me and @mapleme!
    +1

I was trying to keep it on the down low for ITK.  Gawd.
    Hm. So now every time it's missed I'm going to wonder who is secretly KU...
    LOL. Except you should probably just wonder if I have gotten enough sleep ;)
  • I am having an extended freak out moment.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • @itk you ok???

@tjkdlhb‌ Dang, I can't believe I missed you! Stupid pregnancy brain. I knew we had the same due date!
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • @potterowl - Blankets aren't hard to make at all. If you want to start with something simple, this is a good tutorial. https://www.mamastellato.com/2010/05/simple-baby-blanket-tutorial.html Just be sure not to skip the step about washing the material first. The batting is totally optional. I have one that is just flannel on one side and minky on the other, and it was great for throwing around DS to get from the car to the grocery store in windy cold weather.

• I feel like everyone betting on me is a pretty sure fire way for me to actually still be the last one of the group of us to still be pregnant....

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm due 8/29...tail end of august. Honestly I may go to early sept but with DS i also was aweek early so I guess it can go either way. I'm counting down the weeks lol
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • 8/31.... But my chart says 9/6. So sometime late Aug/early Sept.
  • I'm due May 31st...still pretty new around these parts though ;)

My excitement this week was hitting the 35 week mark. Although I *know* we all want babies to come at or close to 40 weeks, my midwives won't stop labor if it happens after 35. It's soooo exciting that we could have a baby any day now!! ...even though the odds say i'll roll on into June.
  • @mapleme It's you and me baby, 5/11.  We can facetime our labors together and live post them on the bump!

@jmejme Oopsie, hope we didn't jinx you!  Come on baby!

@doeie04 Congrats on team blue!  Sorry no princesses and pink for you, but don't worry, plenty of action figures and plaid!  And at least you will know what you are doing this time, and don't have to buy all new stuff.  Also, might I recommend yoga for your back?  Especially cat and cow poses.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage

• Mapleme said:
    TJ1979 said:
    @mapleme It's you and me baby, 5/11.  We can facetime our labors together and live post them on the bump!

@jmejme Oopsie, hope we didn't jinx you!  Come on baby!

@doeie04 Congrats on team blue!  Sorry no princesses and pink for you, but don't worry, plenty of action figures and plaid!  And at least you will know what you are doing this time, and don't have to buy all new stuff.  Also, might I recommend yoga for your back?  Especially cat and cow poses.
    OMG you read my mind. First on the date. After I posted I realized that I actually meant 5/11 (Sunday) and not 5/10, but felt like it didn't matter enough to edit the post. Mother's Day babies! But then also on the live web streaming. I figure that everyone will want to want to see our vajazzled vajayjays with adorbs babies popping out (you vajazzled for the occasion right? I figured everyone does and I wanted to be part of the in crowd).
    My vajazzling appt. is this weekend.  If you vajazzle too early, you risk losing a va-sequin or some of the shininess.  I would say live streaming is a step up from video taping.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"