Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTC on 33-35 day cycle

Hi everyone!

I have been off the pill since Feb 2013 and not used any contraception since. For a few months we were avoiding fertile week as didn't want to fall pregnant. Now trying and have been for a few months, but wanted to ask any others TTC how they work with 33-35 day cycles (i.e. CM checking, BBT, OPK etc).

If anyone can shed any light on these long cycles that would be great :) xxx

Re: TTC on 33-35 day cycle

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    That's a normal cycle length.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    lily26c said:
    Hi everyone!

I have been off the pill since Feb 2013 and not used any contraception since. For a few months we were avoiding fertile week as didn't want to fall pregnant. Now trying and have been for a few months, but wanted to ask any others TTC how they work with 33-35 day cycles (i.e. CM checking, BBT, OPK etc).

That cycle length is definitely in the normal range.  I used to chart my BBT and use OPKs to pinpoint my FW.  We also need lube so we used preseed, which is sperm friendly lube - it won't help you get KU but if you need lube, it's TTC friendly.  I would check out Fertility Friend if you haven't already.
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for responding everyone! I know 33-35 is within the 'normal range' but harder to get answers when calculation are always based around 28 day cycle.

Have started charting my BBT, not really seen too much change in them across 4/5 months of doing so - perhaps just getting it wrong.

OPKs are good as I get a positive one each month, BD every other day regardless of FW, but nothing there so far.

jaytee16 I'll check out FF now - thank you :)

Seems that I'm doing all that I should be, so will persevere. And apologies for 'fall pregnant' - must be the British in me!
  • Options
    If you could share your charts, that would be helpful.
    Yes.

And when do you think your FW is? What CDs have you been getting the +OPKs?
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    My cycles are anywhere from 29-34 days - so I think for me, OPKs are key to predicting O - since O for me can vary five days or more - for instance, I've O'd around day 18 before - this cycle looks more like 24. This is my first cycle truly temping - and I think that will pay off, too.
  • Options
    MrsP924MrsP924 member
    edited April 2014

lily26c said:

Hi everyone!

Start temping and fall on your husband's peen EOD during your FW. 

Sorry. Couldn't help it. 

----
    I think I love you for that @NariaDreaming‌. Nicely played ;)

Eta: quote fail
    Me: 30 DH 28
    TTC since March 2013
    DH, SA normal count, slow swimmers
    NTNP as of 7/1/14
    Back to TTC as of 8/2014
    1st RE appointment October 2014, everything looks good both of us healthy and normal
    Clomid and IUI first cycle November 2014:BFN 
    Clomid and IUI December 20, 2014: BFP 1/4/15!!

Untitled

• Options
    Fall pregnant is a very common term in GB and Australia.

That is all I have to add to this discussion :)
  • Options
    Temping so you know when you actually ovulate will answer all of your questions. Please read the newbie blog at the top of this forum.
    Me: 30 DH 28
    TTC since March 2013
    DH, SA normal count, slow swimmers
    NTNP as of 7/1/14
    Back to TTC as of 8/2014
    1st RE appointment October 2014, everything looks good both of us healthy and normal
    Clomid and IUI first cycle November 2014:BFN 
    Clomid and IUI December 20, 2014: BFP 1/4/15!!

Untitled

• Options
    englandxo said:
    lily26c said:
    Hi everyone!

Ditto what everyone else said. Not a long cycle.

Second, fall pregnant? I've only ever read that in history novels. 
    I kind of like it. I might try it out a few times while talking to DH.
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"