Cloth Diapering

Help me stuff my diapers!

I have some adorable NB pockets that don't have inserts.  I don't have any NB-specific inserts.  What should I stuff with?  I'm trying to think economical bc I'm a cheap-ass.  I have some applecheeks bamboo inserts - could those be folded to fit a NB pocket or would they be too bulky?  Or should I buy FSTs?  Or order NB prefolds?  Could a flat even be folded tiny enough to get into a NB pocket?  Stuff my diaper ladies!
TTC with PCOS since November 2009
IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
beta #2 11/28 = 2055
Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
imageimageimage

Re: Help me stuff my diapers!

• Maybe pick up a few fst to try?  They are cheap enough. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Maybe you could find some cheap terry washcloths? Fold in half, stuff.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll measure when I get home, but I think the AC inserts (2-ply) are smaller than a pad-folded FST.  They are definitely trimmer.  I used them tri-folded in AC size 1 pockets starting when G was around 11 pounds.  (We probably could have used them closer to 8-9 pounds but we didn't start CD'ing that early.) So I think they could be a good option, but maybe bulky the first few weeks.

Another options would be getting some NB inserts in a seconds sale.  Bonus I've used my stay dry SoftBums NB pods as a stay dry liner for ON in a pinch before.  It worked great.

You could also try using washcloths or cut up some flannel and serge the edges.  Kind of a custom made NB sized flat.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Kawaii and Alva both make inexpensive nb bamboo inserts. You can get them directly from Kawaii or from superstash.  They fit great into a P&N.  I assume they would work with your nb pockets, too.
  • For the price, you could get some FST and trim them to where they would fold to fit.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• What diapers?
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Geffen Baby makes a whole range of inserts and boosters that they advertise as working for most/any brand. They have a whole line of inserts that they claim fit a lot of different brands, and they do have newborn size inserts if your pockets are tiny.

I have a set of 3 hemp/jersey newborn quick absorbers - they feel amazing and are pretty small. I plan to use them as doublers for my newborn fitteds, but their super absorbers might work as an insert on it's own.

They are pretty affordable ($3-$5 each depending on size and absorption level):
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • A flat would fold small enough and could be used long term too.
  • I don't know if it is true.....but somewhere someone claimed the Gerber flats are only good for nb diapers.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • stoneycakesstoneycakes member
    edited April 2014
    Oh also, those nb bamboo inserts are really trim and I used mine as boosters for ON diapers after he grew out of them.

ETA: I plan on buying enough for all of my P&Ns for stoney 2.0, when and if that happens.
  • What diapers?

Some freaking adorable cupcake pocket dipes from etsy I bought off @candlequeen‌.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • I have a few newborn pockets. I'm planning on stuffing with newborn prefolds, I have 1 hemp insert and 2 bamboo inserts now and I'd like to purchase a few more newborn and regular bamboo inserts before she arrives.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • I love my bamboo inserts from Alva. I use the nb ones as doublers, also. I highly recommend them! $40 for 20, free shipping when I ordered them. Not sure if shipping has changed.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• I also have Kawaii bamboo inserts. They both are great. You won't go wrong with either brand.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Thanks for all the suggestions ladies!  So many choices!
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"