March 2014 Moms

What formula is your gassy baby on?

My DS is EXTREMELY gassy!  It is so bad that it is waking him up at night over and over.  He will scream, pass gas, go back to sleep, scream, pass gas, go back to sleep, etc... He is not getting much sleep because of this and after every couple of times, he thinks he needs to eat again because he is awake.  If not for the gas, I believe he would be an awesome sleeper.  What formula is your little one?  Does it seem to be helping him/her with their gas?  Any other advice is greatly appreciated as well.  
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What formula is your gassy baby on?

• Do you ever do leg exercises with him. Lay him flat. I help my baby push out his gas by placing my thumbs under knees and pushing his knees up to his chest. Not a fast short push, but a slower long push or to quick pushes back to back. Pretty much pumping the gas out of his tummy. He becomes a tooting machine when I do this and he loves the instant relief.  We also do bicycle and cross over side to side to help move the gas out.

He also takes Infamil Gentlease

• Nutrimegan by enfamil , but LO has a dairy allergy and can't tolerate cow milk . She was super gassy and cobstioated when she was on similac advance and the sensitive .

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • You should go to the grocery store and ask the pharmacist where the mylicon is. They have generic brand at Kroger too. No Rx needed. I give my baby a drop after every feeding or every other feeding and she has no gas problems.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Similac Sensitive, as per my pedi suggestion from his experience with his own kids. Before that it was Similac Advance, followed by Enfamil Gentlease. This is what works the best for her.
  • My baby was REALLY gassy. I'm breastfeeding, but my pedi recommended I give him a probiotic - Gerber Soothe Drops. After a couple of days, I noticed a huge difference. Shitty thing is the tiny bottle (which only lasts like two weeks) costs $30!

Anyway, I told my pedi I'm entertaining the idea of introducing maybe one bottle of formula a day. To give my boobs a break and because he's not sleeping through the night (I hear formula sometimes makes babies sleep longer). Pedi recommended Gerber Soothe formula, since I've had success with the Soothe Drops. I had no idea they made a formula, but the probiotics definitely eased the gas in my lil guy. So they might work for you too! Good luck :)

• jasi704 said:
    My baby was REALLY gassy. I'm breastfeeding, but my pedi recommended I give him a probiotic - Gerber Soothe Drops. After a couple of days, I noticed a huge difference. Shitty thing is the tiny bottle (which only lasts like two weeks) costs $30!

Anyway, I told my pedi I'm entertaining the idea of introducing maybe one bottle of formula a day. To give my boobs a break and because he's not sleeping through the night (I hear formula sometimes makes babies sleep longer). Pedi recommended Gerber Soothe formula, since I've had success with the Soothe Drops. I had no idea they made a formula, but the probiotics definitely eased the gas in my lil guy. So they might work for you too! Good luck :)
    I haven't heard of probiotic drops, but I'm very interested!  How often and how much do you give LO?  Do they go in bottles or directly in mouth?  
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hylands nat. Phos. 6x. Half a tablet dissolved in water after each feed. All natural and inexpensive!!! Life changer
  • Nutrimegan by enfamil , but LO has a dairy allergy and can't tolerate cow milk . She was super gassy and cobstioated when she was on similac advance and the sensitive .

this
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jasi704 said:
    My baby was REALLY gassy. I'm breastfeeding, but my pedi recommended I give him a probiotic - Gerber Soothe Drops. After a couple of days, I noticed a huge difference. Shitty thing is the tiny bottle (which only lasts like two weeks) costs $30!

I haven't heard of probiotic drops, but I'm very interested!  How often and how much do you give LO?  Do they go in bottles or directly in mouth?  
    The bottle says to give five drops, once a day. So that's what I did. And they go directly in his mouth.

• Nutramigen :) it seems to help.
    BabyFetus Ticker imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I have him on Enfamil Gentlease. We had had terrible luck with the powder but he does great on the ready to feed liquid. We also use gas drops. 

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
    BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
    Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
    Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
    Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"