Cloth Diapering

OT- Smoothie funny

DH has been asking me to make smoothies in the morning.  I found a green smoothie recipe (the kind with spinach and veggies as well as fruit) and asked if that was what he wanted.  He said sure.  So this morning, I hand it to him to try and he makes a big exaggerated face and "blech" sound.  He basically say it's disgusting and he's not sure if he'll be able to drink the whole thing.  I thought it was pretty good so I gave some to DS. He loved it!  Apparently my two year old has more sophisticated tastes than my husband ;)

Re: OT- Smoothie funny

• I've totally been making G "special juice" every day for the last few weeks because he went on a veggie strike. At least now he gets a full cup of spinach and half a carrot every day ;)
    I love it!  I think I'm going to start doing the same thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Way to put that new ninja to good use stoney!  We have a bullet and drink smoothies every day.  I usually just do spinach plus fruit plus probiotic bc I'm lazy, but I've made some pretty good ones with different veggies in the past.  The tops of celery really add a delightful freshness to fruit smoothies!  I've also made some really good ones with mint -- I went through a mint pina colada and strawberry mint pina colada phase for a while.  YUM!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • km_mdkm_md member
    Good for you LO for having more sophisticated tastes than daddy!

We make spinach smoothies all of the time and just change up the fruit combinations. They are so yummy and so good for you!

• I'm pretty boring and only vary between two different types: strawberries, blueberries, spinach combo and banana/pb/cocoa/spinach combo.  I figure it's better than nothing. I always make them in the am before work so I don't have time to be messing with different recipes.

DD will not eat them, she has proclaimed them "gross". My DH does like them, but rarely drinks them unless I just shove it in his face and say "eat this, it's extra".

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• I'm pretty boring and only vary between two different types: strawberries, blueberries, spinach combo and banana/pb/cocoa/spinach combo.  I figure it's better than nothing. I always make them in the am before work so I don't have time to be messing with different recipes.

DD will not eat them, she has proclaimed them "gross". My DH does like them, but rarely drinks them unless I just shove it in his face and say "eat this, it's extra".

cocoa?  pb? how much of each?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've only tried smoothies a couple of times. They always seem very gritty to me, and the texture bugs me. Are there any actual smooth smoothies??

• I always mix, kelp, broccoli, carrots and apples. My LO like it. I also made Popsicles.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've only tried smoothies a couple of times. They always seem very gritty to me, and the texture bugs me. Are there any actual smooth smoothies??
    yeah.  I don't like smoothies.  They don't fill me up (well, they do, but I don't get the full feeling)

I'd rather just eat the good food.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mandmeesh I use about a tablespoon each of PB and cocoa with one banana, a small handful of spinach, some ice, and some almond milk.  This is one of my favorite smoothies.  @unaveragejane You can also add an avocado to this smoothie instead of spinach and it makes it really creamy.  Is it the ice that is too "gritty" for you?  Or are you referring to the smoothies from the royal smoothie restaurant?  Theirs always taste gritty to me too, I think it's the sweeteners and additives they use.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Wait but aren't they chunky? I want to make them with my ninja but figured it wouldn't be very good texture-wise.
    Mine needs more juice next time.  The texture was great at first, but I think most of the juice came off the top and then at the end you could have eaten it with a spoon.  Tomorrow I'm going to try more juice and a longer blend time.  This morning I didn't have time to tinker with it because DH was running late and waiting for it.
  • Mine are very smooth, but I have a bullet.  I had always thought the ninja was really good though, but I've never used one.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • TJ1979 said:
    Mine are very smooth, but I have a bullet.  I had always thought the ninja was really good though, but I've never used one.
    Yeah I think the Ninja is fine for it.  I used to own a bullet and I actually think the Ninja blends more evenly.
  • I sometimes try to "hide" veggies in DS's food. I would make smoothies, and he loved them at first, then he just wouldn't drink them anymore. Maybe I should try again to see if he's overit yet....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"