November 2014 Moms

Gender predictors

Has anyone tried any old wives tales on trying to predict the baby gender. What's everyone's thoughts?

Re: Gender predictors

• The Chinese Gender Predictor on TB was correct for me both of my previous pregnancies.
  • I peed in baking soda... It said boy. I'm not craing sweets, again, boy. Heart rate points to girl though.

I think it's fun to try these things and then see how accurate they are!
  • Loading the player...
  • jess123456jess123456 member
    edited April 2014
    I haven't tried these but maybe now that I know that we are having a boy I will try and see if any of these are true :)

Also my baby boy's heart rate is supposedly "girl" because it's in the 160's. I guess I won't be reading too much into that one anymore. Maybe they mean heart rates after 12 weeks?
  • @CountryMama1114...what's the baking soda test? Never heard of that one before.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The Chinese Gender Predictor was right for DS! And days I'm having a boy again... We will see!
  • Ultrasound tech said she wasn't sure but thought the placenta was on the left,  which means girl.

Heartbeat was 174,  which means girl,  but I think this is supposed to be taken into consideration after I am further along,  because they are all supposed to be that high @ 9 weeks, 3 days when I had the ultrasound done.

The bumps chines gender predictor says boy,  but my sister told me to use the ones where they use your chinese age.....apparently my chinese age is 33,  not 31,  which is how I old was when I conceived.    All the other Chinese gender predictors are telling me girl.

I am eating all the sweets,  give me all the sweet things.....normally I eat more salty things.....sweets supposedly means girl.

I told DH that even after all this,  I still won't be surprised if its a boy.   :)

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't tried these but maybe now that I know that we are having a boy I will try and see if any of these are true :) Also my baby boy's heart rate is supposedly "girl" because it's in the 160's. I guess I won't be reading too much into that one anymore. Maybe they mean heart rates after 12 weeks?
    I think so, with DS I heard the heartbeat when I was 10-ish weeks and it was 168 but then later in pregnancy whenever I had a checkup it was in the 140's.  I heard this baby's heartbeat when I was almost 9 weeks and it was 175. 
    dancing animated GIF
    N14 November Siggy Challenge - Celebration
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageBabyFruit Ticker

• The chinese gender predictor says boy for me, I did the wedding ring over the belly test and it said boy.  I also did the baking soda test and it said boy...are there any others to try for fun? 
    dancing animated GIF
    N14 November Siggy Challenge - Celebration
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageBabyFruit Ticker

• The Chinese gender chart was right for my previous 2 pregnancies. I go by the baby center one because it calculates your lunar age and it says girl for this one!

Ramzi method says girl.

Nub theory says girl

Heart rate says girl.

I know they are all for fun but I love trying all the different things to see if they are accurate or not :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I did a whole bunch of these old wives tales when pregnant with my last one.  Wrote it up on my blog.  Came out about 60% chance of boy which it was.

Chinese Gender Chart says this one is a boy as well.  First son we conceived at the end of the month or beginning of the next month.  Depending on which one depends on if it was right.  It was right for our second born.
  • MrsDLMrsDL member

FYI - Chinese gender chart is by Chinese Lunar Age - so you have to calculate that first (I think the one on the baby center does that, the bump you just have to know it).  Not knowing this the first time around, bump said girl. Then I did it with Lunar age and it said boy - we had hb at about 140 with DS and he was a boy.

With this one, gender chart, heartbeat, wedding ring, etc. all pointed to girl. M21 says we're having a boy. I'm guessing a Y chromosome is more accurate so they were wrong for us!

• Chinese gender predictor say boy if you use my LMP date and girl if you use my ovulation date. I guess I really do have a 50/50 chance! ;)
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• I've heard that it's actually true that - on average - women who have more morning sickness are more likely to have girls.  But, for any given woman and pregnancy it's impossible to determine based on m/s.

I had m/s with #1... she was a girl.  M/S is more severe this time around... so we shall see...

For #1, I also got both answers using Chinese predictor charts from the bump/baby center.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • how the heck is my chinese lunar age a whole year older than my american moon age 
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• I've gotten different results from the Chinese gender charts (both with DD & this time) as well as going by old wives tales. MIL bought this gender predictor test that supposedly works as early as 6 weeks. It's like an HPT, you put a few drops of pee on it & it turns blue or pink. Took it yesterday for shits & giggles -- boy according to that. Guess we'll see!
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

• MrsCarbMrsCarb member

I've heard that it's actually true that - on average - women who have more morning sickness are more likely to have girls.  But, for any given woman and pregnancy it's impossible to determine based on m/s.

I had m/s with #1... she was a girl.  M/S is more severe this time around... so we shall see...

For #1, I also got both answers using Chinese predictor charts from the bump/baby center.
    My friend is pregnant w twin girls and didn't have any morning sickness. My cousin had a boy and girl (different times) and reported more morning sickness with the boy... But I heard/read the same thing. :)
  • The baking soda gender test (according to BabyCenter)
    What you do is put a little bit of baking soda in the bottom of a disposable cup and then add a little bit of your urine to it. If it fizzles like a soda pop, it may be a boy. If there’s no fizzle, it may be a girl. This method was used by several members as a way to test the accuracy of their gender ultrasounds and out of 31 baking soda tests, 22 were right and 9 were wrong.
  • how the heck is my chinese lunar age a whole year older than my american moon age 

@ssstephanie214, the lunar age is calculated assuming you're already one years old at birth. ;)
    DH & Me 33 ~ Married 2013 ~ DD 2014 ~ EDD 8/24/19

@ssstephanie214, the lunar age is calculated assuming you're already one years old at birth. ;)
    ...oooooor your lunar age is calculated by the passage of lunar cycles, which do not follow the Roman calendar year...
  • Sorry for hijacking the thread, but this link explains the lunar age pretty well. It provides the steps to calculate and understanding your lunar age: https://www.ehow.com/how_7379959_calculate-lunar-birth-date.html#page=0

What the website said is also how I was taught while growing up in China. You're one years old at birth. As soon as the Chinese New Year passed, you're another year old (regardless of your birthday). Hence, I'm 30 according to my lunar age even though I'm really 28.

Just for kicks, the Chinese Gender Chart from both TheBump and BabyCenter said I'm carrying a boy. Lets see how accurate it is. :)
    DH & Me 33 ~ Married 2013 ~ DD 2014 ~ EDD 8/24/19
  • Chinese count babies as 1 year old when they are born; i.e. if born in 2000 you would be 15 years old this year.
  • @celticlass6.

Sorry I'm a little late to see this :-(

Put some baking soda in a cup. Then pour your Fresh urine over it. If it doesn't do anything or bubbles just a little it's a girl. If it fizzes and foams a lot (think beer poured out of the can) it's boy.

I did it when I was home alone and used a clear plastic cup. My husband walked in as I was dumping it and asked me why I was drinking his beer...,, lol
  • I did baking soda, Chinese predictor and the ring one.  All said boy.  Same with the placenta position.  My guess is it's a girl :D
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MaelaraMaelara member
    The Chinese gender predictor on TB days girl and so does the HB.
  • ambular81ambular81 member
    edited May 2014
    Here are my results from the baking soda test. It for sure fizzed !!!! Now I'm anxious to see for sure!
  • Dh just got super grossed out that I just went a peed on baking soda lol! It said boy. Crossing my fingers it's right. I would feel sorry for a girl with a brother one grade older, and fearful of his friends!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"