January 2015 Moms
Options

Just made my first appointment! But it's in one month?!?!

So I just got off the phone with the OB to make my first appointment. Last time I was pregnant, I got to go in at 6 weeks. Now I am going to be 8 weeks going in.... does anyone know why we have to wait for almost a month first? I am just so excited!!!

Re: Just made my first appointment! But it's in one month?!?!

• Options

Ok. That makes some sense to wait a little bit longer in case of a loss. It is a new doctor too since my husband and I didn't really like our old doctor. Thank you! 

• Options
    I go in next week for a "confirmation" appointment at 6 weeks then back in at 8-10 weeks for an ultrasound. I assumed it was because there wasn't much to check so early on. I am excited too but just trying to stay calm through all of this :)
    TTC Since 11/13
    BFP 4/26/14 EDD 1/1/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Any appointment this early is normally just a confirmation anyway and IMO a waste of time. My dr won't even do an ultrasound until 8 weeks so I scheduled my appt for 8 weeks on purpose. 
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options

Totally normal. I won't see the doctor until 9 to 10 weeks but have to have a confirm appt. on Monday (just the normal practice with my office).

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ok that makes me more at ease! Thank you so much ladies! :)
  • Options
    I have to go in on may 12th for a dating ultrasound since I just stopped taking BC on march 1st and never really had a period we need to figure out how far along I really am. I was told that most people do not schedule until 8-10 weeks, but for my situation they want to make sure we are correct on the EDD and how far along I am. From what I know 8-10 weeks is normal practice though.
  • Options
    For my daughter who is 2 I didn't get to go until I was 12 weeks! For my m/c in dec I went in at 9 weeks. This time I am going at 6 weeks because of the m/c. The dr can't see anything until around 6-7 weeks. It all depends.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 11/18/10 EDD 7/25/11 MMC 1/7/11 D&C 1/27/11 BFP #2 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12 DD#1 4/19/12
  • Options
    Normal... My OB office didn't want to see me until around 8 weeks, and that's the standard from what I hear... I'm going in one week earlier only because she'll be out of town during my 8th week so they went ahead and scheduled it a little earlier.  May 21st

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Options
    Yup, what everyone else said.  I think 8 weeks is the norm, but some OBs wait until 10 or 12.  It all depends on your dr, and other than a confirmation, there really isn't anything to be done this early. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"