Secondary IF

Antibiotics before HSG?

I am having my repeat HSG on Friday.  My RE gave me a rx for antibiotics for DH and me to take before and after the test.

I didn't have to do this with my 1st one.  The instructions on the rx are nuts.  Things like "don't lie down after taking this medicine, take on an empty stomach and don't eat for 2 hours after taking".

Did anyone else take an antibiotic for your HSG?

Re: Antibiotics before HSG?

• I did. It was just to make sure you dont get any infection from the procedure. I dont remember all those crazy rules though. And DH didnt have to take anything. I think I only took it for 3 days, the day before, the day of, and the day after the procedure.
  • I have never had an HsG, but I know antibiotics are in the protocol for my RE's office.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had to take them, before and after, I think, but don't remember crazy instructions. Like pp, it was to prevent infection. I do remember the one pill tasted absolutely horrible!
  • DH and I did. We didn't have the crazy instructions though!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"