Stay at Home Moms

Decluttering question..wedding stuff

What did you keep and what did you throw out from your wedding?  I just came across the box with our cake cutting knife/server and our cake topper.  Did others keep these items?  Do you use the cake cutter/servers?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Decluttering question..wedding stuff

• I'm so not sentimental.  We didn't have a knife or server.  I have no idea where my cake topper is, maybe in the card box?  and I'm pretty sure I passed on our toasting glasses.

I kept my card box, my veil and my dress and shoes.  I had borrowed my headpiece.

Now that everyone I know has gotten married I think i'm going to pass my card box on.  I tried to sell my dress but no luck.  I have no use for it.  
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • I don't save stuff like that. The only wedding thing I still have (besides dress and shoes) is my bouquet. I had a bunch of live succulents in it. I potted them all when I got home and dried the rest.
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Loading the player...
  • I still have a box in the top of my closet that has shoes, cake server, glasses, and I think one or two other things in it. Our cake topper is on display (precious moments figurine that says just married; I was young, don't judge) on a shelf.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • I still have basically everything. My gown (which I had preserved), veil, jewelry, shoes. My cake topper is on display on a shelf next to our wedding photo. My champagne flutes and cake knife and server are in my china cabinet. We haven't used them, but we haven't used any of our wedding china. We don't have a formal dining room and haven't hosted any holidays yet. Someday we will. I have a bag full of our wedding cards.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the pillow, toasting glasses, guest book, cake topper, and headpiece on a shelf in my China cabinet. The gown and veil are in my closet.
  • I kept just about everything. The dress and bouquet are preserved, and the cards, guest book etc. are packed away in a box. I occasionally wear both pairs of shoes, though. I also have a couple of the centrepiece vases on display and a few of the poetry frames hung on our bedroom wall.

We didn't have a cake topper and just used the caterer's knife and server. If we'd gotten our own, though, I would be using it.
  • I have a small storage container that has our cake cutting set, toasting glasses, guest book, my jeweled headband, and copies of things like the invitation, program, table cards/menu, and wedding cards.

• Still have our cake cutting set and use it on occasion.  The only reason we got one was because we did not previously own one and wanted it.  Still have our toasting flutes.  I also dried my bouquet and DH's boutonniere.  I have my veil in an acid free box, not sure how long it will last since it's already 35 years old, it's my mother's veil, but you never know. 
  • I have my dress, shoes (still wear em), an invitation that's framed, and our cake cutter. But the cake cutter is a family antique so even if I purge other wedding stuff that's still staying!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"