Parenting after a Loss
Options

~*~*Toddler Check In*~*~

Hey ladies! Happy Monday! How's everyone doing?

Milestones? Challenges? Cute/Funny Stories?

QOTW- What was your favorite fashion trend as a teen? Would you still rock it today? Bonus points for PIPs! 
PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
 Lilypie - (KAFM)

Re: ~*~*Toddler Check In*~*~

• Options
    Things are alright on my end. Still the same pretty much w/ H... That's all the energy I care to put into that situation right now.  ~X(

No real milestones for Ben.... He has 1 incisor and 2 molars that have been coming in for what feels like months. Every week, I swear they're going to break through, and they just haven't yet. Ben won't let me check his mouth anymore, and I'm tired of getting bitten every time I try to feel his gums, so I don't really know where we're at. 

Challenges- Tantrums and shrieking. Ben is getting seriously dramatic when he gets told "no" or redirected, or basically any time we try and get him to do something other than what he wants to do- like change his poopy diaper (he threw one on the floor last week while I was changing him) or get him dressed, or come inside from playing outside. I know this is all part and parcel for Toddlerhood but the added stress of the difficulties H and I are having are making these outbursts really hard on me. I find myself getting really upset and frazzled with Ben when he is really doing nothing wrong. :( I know the behavior isn't acceptable, but he is too young to get that. I am really in dire need of some mommy alone time- or at least time away from H and Ben not at work. 

Cute/Funny Stories- We got Ben a big inflatable ball (like 24" in diameter) and took it outside with us Saturday afternoon. He had such a great time chasing the ball around the backyard, throwing it and kicking it. But the best was the expression on his face when H took the ball and kicked it WAY up in the air. He got so excited he started doing this little dance- I swear he was almost jumping up and down, but his feet weren't leaving the ground- and squealing with delight. It was just the best!

QOTW- I was a die hard NKOTB fan, and would frequently rock my oversized NKOBT t-shirt/ sweatshirt (with obligatory tee-shirt clip, of course) with my stirrup pants, 2 pairs of neon colored slouch socks (2 different colors on each foot), and my my LA Gears! Let's not forget the "crest" of bangs that was so popular then, lol! 
    imageimageimageimage
    You Made me a mommy... 

Lilypie - (KAFM)

• Options
    @mrsjessicamitchell I just want you to know we love you lots.  ((HUGS))
    @PugLife5869 Jeez, I hope that's what's happening with Phoebe!  She was up too many times to count last night.
    @dillngr9 Poor little guy!  Sounds like he's going through a lot which makes for one sleepy mommy.  I've resorted back to caffeine even though I quit for a while.  Sometimes, you just need a jolt to get through the day.

We're doing well.  I forgot to tell you ladies before that now that PJ has been moved to the toddler room at daycare, she takes 2 hr naps during the day!  YAY!  So much better than her two 20 min naps she would have before.  They turn out the lights and play soft music during nap time so I'm so glad she comes home happy now!

Milestones - She had her first trip to the waterpark yesterday!  She absolutely loved it!  She kept trying to get away from us and go run on her own, but at certain parts the water would get too deep (and I mean like 1 1/2 feet) that she would fall on her hands and splash her face right in the water.  She'd quickly stand back up and be fine, but I was so surprised she was continually ready for more.

Challenges - The Car Seat: I just don't get it.  She'll flail and try to throw herself back in her seat.  I try to give her a sippy or a toy and she just slaps it away and screams harder!  Oh, I wish I knew what she needed to keep these car tantrums to a minimum.

Funny story - Yesterday at the waterpark, DH and I would take turns taking her down the baby slide and every time we went down, she would lift her hands and wait for the splash at the bottom.  Then she'd get up and immediately start walking toward the slide again.  She didn't want us to stop.  In the meantime, I saw other babies get too scared by the splash at the bottom and start crying.  Apparently, I have a little dare devil on my hands.

QOTW: I honestly can't think of anything that you ladies haven't already mentioned.  I was an awkward teen.  I would jump from the neon colors one day to the dark colors and doc martens to something completely different the next day.

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NBBride05NBBride05 member
    edited April 2014
    I posted a lot last week, but since it was so late (I posted Thursday), I will repeat on milestones.

Milestones: She loves climbing the stairs. We are completely off formula and bottles. She will dance when I tell her too and now has 8 teeth.

Challenges: Still constipated. We switched to almond milk hoping that it was related to a milk protein. A has been constipated almost her entire life so far! I feel so bad for her. Another challenge is MIL - she has decided that she needs to come over every week now to see A. This is during the day while I am at work and DH is supposed to be working at home. UGH! I wish she would come on weekends. Last time she came she gave A a bottle even though we were on sippy cups claiming she wasn't ready for them. I can't believe she honestly expects to come EVERY week. 

Funny/Cute Story: My mom told her to be careful because she might hit her head. A pointed at her head. My mom decided to test it several more times throughout the day saying head, and every time A would point. She did it for me on Sunday too.

QOTW: I just had my HS reunion and one of the discussions was Swatch watches so I guess I will go with that one. But there were so many others - leg warmers, big hair, side pony tails, neon colors).
    May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

• Options
    @shell041783 Puffy paint!  I totally forgot about that!  I loved that stuff.

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
  • Options
    @ProfessorPedals825, @dillngr9, and @PugLife5869- Thanks for the hugs, thoughts and prayers. I love you ladies lots, too! 
    You Made me a mommy... 

Lilypie - (KAFM)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"