Breastfeeding
Options

Growth spurt

Probably a silly question but does this just mean they want to eat constantly and are miserable if they can't? My twins are 3.5 weeks and this morning has been constant feeding and crying when they aren't latched on.

If that's the case, how do you manage to keep your supply up? I can't even put them down to fill my water bottle without screaming. I basically just ate a cold bagel bc I was starving but couldn't handle the crying much longer. I know they're ok crying for a minute but it's so hard to hear and makes me feel like I'm not producing enough. Should I just assume it's a growth spurt and my body will figure it out or should I be working on upping my supply? Thanks!

Re: Growth spurt

• Options
    flclflcl member
    Yes, when babies are going through growth spurts, all they want to do is eat ALL THE TIME!  I feel like that's all I'm doing whenever my LO is going through one, I can't even imagine what it's like with twins!  From what I know, you're suppose to feed LOs whenever they want to eat.  The constant feeding signals your body to make more milk for them.  You will definitely feel like you have no time to do anything else.  I'm sorry I don't have any advice for twins...  maybe other moms will be more helpful on that end!  GL!!!
  • Options
    Sounds about right :-/ our growth spurts tend to be a couple days of constant crying/nursing, then a day or two of extra sleeping.

Just keep nursing, hopefully someone can help take care of you a little bit while you are nursing. As long as they are having good output, don't worry about supply, your body will catch up. Keep up the good work Mama!
    Baby E born 1/29/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/24/2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"