August 2012 Moms
Options

Toddler bed conversion help

So ds crawled out of his crib today. He's a climber so I'm surprised it took him this long to figure it out. Any advice on the conversion? I'm scared of sleepless nights. Should we do a toddler bed or a bug bed with side rails? I feel he's still so young. Ahh! Now I have to worry about him getting into everything in his room too.

Oh and he opened his bedroom door and started down the stairs to my dh when he crawled out. Little stinker.

Re: Toddler bed conversion help

• Options
    skoozskooz member
    DD has been in a toddler bed with a half rail for a few months now. She just really started hating her crib. The crib came with the toddler rail conversion so that's what we're using. I'm sure she would've rolled out without it because we've found her halfway off the bed before and she has rolled off our bed a few times. When she wakes up she either stays in bed and calls for me or comes in our room, she doesn't usually get into stuff. We don't have stairs to worry about, but I've heard of people putting a baby gate on the outside of the door so they can still open the door and see out, but can't get out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! The gate outside his door is a good idea. He can open the gate we have upstairs which freaks me out. He didn't climb out this morning but started trying. I guess we might can buy a little more time if I just get up right away when he starts stiring??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have also heard that you can buy something to put on the door from the outside so that it can't be opened from the inside. In any event, wanted to wish you good luck!! I am dreading having to make the switch because Jeffrey has been an awesome sleeper at night and I would hate for that to change!
  • Options
    Ugh...I am wondering about this too. There were some great suggestions here. DD is still in a crib and probably will be for a few more months and I am worried about the transition.

• Options

I am in no hurry to transaition her crib to the toddler bed.  She does well in the crib, and I really don't want to mess with that.  She did climb out once (when the matress was on the middle setting).  But after moving it to the lowest setting she hasn't tried to get out.  But as PPs have mentioned, all good things will have to come to an end!  :-(

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"