Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Temping while on BC

I'm sure this is a stupid question, please forgive me!  We're planning on TTC #2 this summer.  With DS, we got pregnant after only two months of trying.  I have zero experience with temping, charting, ovulation tests, etc.

Anyway, my question is, does it do any good to start temping while on BC?  Just to see what your normal temp is?  Does BC change your temp at all?  I'll probably be off BC in about a month.
                                                                                          BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                             BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                             BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                   BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      

Re: Temping while on BC

• Options
    BC pills will not show much in the way of temping. You don't ovulate on hormonal BC so there's not much point to it unless you just want to start getting into the habit.
    I guess this is what I was thinking, just to get into the habit.  
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Options
    BC pills will not show much in the way of temping. You don't ovulate on hormonal BC so there's not much point to it unless you just want to start getting into the habit.
    What she said. Hormonal BC suppresses your body's hormonal fluctuations which are what cause the temp variations, so no point really unless it's just for habit. Personallly, I didn't find it that difficult to get into the habit so I'd leave well enough alone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

image  image                                                                      
  • Options
    I would say it only took me a week or two to get into the habit though....especially if you have a good sense of what is actually happening during your cycle. I would take the time to read TCOYF and surf FF a bit now.
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My honest opinion is that it's not worth starting temping to get in the habit.  It isn't that hard to get in the habit and if you start on CD 1 your first cycle of temping, the first few days (during your period) don't matter much even if you do forget a day.  Enjoy sleeping in without waking up at the same time to stick a thermometer in your mouth (or vag) while you can. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"