Nurseries and Baby Gear

Upgrading B-Ready for 2 Kids

We have the Britax B-Ready and plan to use it to cart around both kids. I want to use it as a snap n go with the infant seat (and have my toddler in it at the same time) and then transition later to 2 regular seats.

Do I just need to buy the second seat? Can I put toddler in that while I use the car seat? Or do I need to buy the lower adapter for the car seat? What configurations do people prefer?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Upgrading B-Ready for 2 Kids

• I only use it as a single so far but think I would prefer the baby on bottom. I imagine a toddler will want to see more and wont have to worry about people touching the baby.

If you want your toddler on bottom, you'll need the second seat. If you want the car seat on bottom, you'll need the lower car seat adaptor.

To save money you can start with just the second seat since you'll need that eventually anyway. If you or your toddler don't like that set up then buy the lower adapter to put the baby on bottom. With the car seat on top you'll want the extender things to make more space for the 2nd seat rider.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My toddler loved the bottom seat.  I actually just stuck my Keyfit in the B-Ready main seat and secured it with the Britax car seat strap or I used the main seat fully reclined for my newborn. I never bought the car seat adapter.  

Cheapest route to go is car seat on top (with adapter if you choose) and then buy the second seat. To make the car seat work on the bottom you actually need the lower adapter and the car seat adapter and I'm sure you'll want the second seat for when baby is a little bigger so that requires you to purchase more. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Loading the player...
  • I already have the second seat, so I will probably put my older baby in that and use our chaperone infant seat or the bassinet up top. DD #1 has rode like that with my nephew and seems to like it, so we'll see.

• If you want the toddler to sit up top, you will need the car seat lower adapter for the bucket seat to attach down below.  

However, like you said, thats only a short term solution until baby#2 outgrows the bucket seat and then if you want it to be a double you have to buy either the lower seat or the buggy board.  

We just jumped the gun and bought the lower seat.  LO#1 will sit down below at first with the bucket seat snapped in up top.  Later, we can use the regular seat up top and they can choose who sits where. 
    CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy #3 after two prior losses in 2013

EDD 8/18 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"