LGBT Parenting

Ten Things Tuesday!

KH826KH826 member
edited April 2014 in LGBT Parenting
Happy Tuesday folks! :)

Please share with us any 10 things floating around in your noggin today. Can be TTC, pregnancy or parenting related... Or better yet, totally random! PIPs (pictures in posts) are of course always welcome.

So what are you waiting for? Get going! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• 1. I've been eating PB and oatmeal after some bumpers mentioned this and so yummy.  This morning I stirred in a spoonful of chocolate too.  YUM!

2. Going on a friend movie date tonight.  Should be fun.

3. I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off this week trying to get everything ready to close on my house on Friday.  Fingers crossed it all comes together in time.

4 I'm dog sitting my moms dog and having 3 dogs in the house and 2 cats is a little much.

5. I'm running short of ten things pretty early this week.

6.  Hoping this rain clears up by end of week so I can go walking with my friend and her adorable 3 month old son Zach

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Loading the player...
  • newmompeanutnewmompeanut member
    edited April 2014
    1. @KH826, I love all the colleigate gear for the baby!  That's such a sweet idea that your MIL had!

2. Over the weekend we got our puppy.  Finally!  His name is Remy.  Remy and N are best friends already.  See the photo below of bath time last night.

3.  N was a terrible sleeper last night.  She was up 4 times... I'm blaming teeth!

4.  B has to work late tonight so it's just me, N, and Remy for a couple hours.  I'd love it if the rain would stop so that we could actually go outside. 

5.  My birthday is Thursday and I can't wait.  I get so excited about birthdays!

6. We are trying to get all the summer wedding plans figured out.  We have a total of 8 weddings this summer!  It's going to be crazy!

7. N doesn't really say many words, other than mama and dada, has now started to be able to answer the question "what does the puppy say?". 

8. Next week my friend is having her anatomy scan and B and I get to find out the sex before everyone else so that we can plan a surprise for her.

9.  I'm still dreading my appointment on the 14th.  It's all I can really think about.  I just keep telling myself that I'm sure it's nothing.

10.  I really hope that my parents can make it this weekend to visit.  They haven't been to visit since N's birthday (February) so it would be really nice to see them.

• 1. Baby K is 8 months old and is almost pulling herself up on stuff.  She is talking/babbling so much, sitting up, crawling on her knees and a funny army crawl, and going from her tummy to sitting position.  I cannot believe how much she has grown up in the last 3 months since she came into our home.
    2. We are still working on potty training with M, but she is doing great at pulling her pants up and down, putting on a new pull up and wiping herself.  We are still working on not having accidents and also not unrolling the entire roll of toilet paper.
    3. The other day I was laying on the couch and M was cuddling with me.  I was telling her to be gentle because of the baby in my belly, she put her face on my belly and said 'hi baby, i am mikah'  It was so adorable and sweet.
    4. I cannot believe in just a few months I am going to have three little ones at home.  I feel like I am just starting to get a handle on things and then it is all going to change again.
    5. We have been looking for a house to move into and get out of an apartment, but haven't had much luck.  We are not ready to buy a house until we pay off some more debt.  We talked to my mom the other day about our problems.  She and her husband are talking about purchasing a duplex and renting it out to us and then having my sister live on the other side.  I absolutely love this idea!  We would still pay rent, but we wouldn't have to worry about dealing with a bad landlord or bad neighbors.  The only downside is that they are not planning on this purchase for about a year, so we will have to stick it out another year in our apartment.
    6. In reference to #5, it kind of makes me feel spoiled, but I have worked for everything that I have.  My mom has always struggled and has never been able to help myself or my sister with anything (first car, college, ect)  So I know that she is happy to be able to be in a position to help us both, and it couldn't come at a better time.
    7. It is becoming more real that we are going to have a baby soon.  Has it taken anyone else this long to realize it?  Or are we just crazy?  It is becoming so exciting and uber stressful! 
    8. I finally felt baby girl move Sunday morning and then again last night.  It feels so surreal for this all to be happening. 
    9. I am 22 weeks today and my sister is 32 weeks along.  I feel like we both have been pregnant forever!
    10. I am trying to think of something non baby/child or pregnancy related and I just can't think of anything.  I guess I know where my mind is these days, haha!

Have a good day everyone!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• 1.       Friday I went to a Zumbathon and was SO exhausted because I haven’t been exercising in a month. I then vowed to get “back on track”

2.       Yesterday was MIL’s bday and I ate like crap. So there goes that. LOL

3.       I got prenatals so I will start taking them Wednesday or so.

4.       I found out all my tests are good but I am vitamin D deficient, will go to CVS later to get some OTC vitamins.

5.       I am so mad that we left work yesterday to go to an informational appointment, then we got there and they said they used to do it over the phone. UGH.

6.       I am super nervous that someone’s going to find out that we are TTC before we are ready to tell—especially work people.  I cannot come in late the week before Memorial day, so I will be getting up at 515AM to get to a further location for testing prior to IUI and hopefully getting to work by 730AM!

7.       It’s going to rain the next few days which means I can’t finish my yardwork.  Will I EVER have a green lawn!

8.       I am super moody this week especially at work. I think it’s all this stress !!  We have been GOING, GOING, GOING trying to get everything done in time to TTC in may.

9.       Month end at work is pretty busy…. Gotta get on that.

10.   It’s almost summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. This chick right here is angry...over absolutely nothing! It started last night, coincidentally, so did my Gonal-F injections. I was on my way back to the office a little bit ago and someone pulled out infront of me in an area where this happens frequently. I had a huge urge to ram my car into the back of theirs. My road rage usually isn't that bad. Boy did it come on fast and furious. I had bursts of anger during one cycle with Femara, but it was way less than this.

2. C started her dental work yesterday. I was so nervous for her, but she did really well. Her mouth is still sore today. We go back in 3 weeks for what will hopefully be the end of it.

3. I am hoping to find some new shoes on my lunch today.

4. When we first started this process, I read about your life going by two weeks at a time. Boy is it true! I told myself I wouldn't live my life like that; however, 10 months later, I have lived two weeks at a time. All this time has passed and I have not one thing to show for it, baby or otherwise. Well, I have gained about 13 pounds, so that's something.

5. Also something else I wasn't expecting, boy am I getting snarky! I keep it in check for the most part and try to keep it all silently in my head. It definitely is not who I am, so this is a new development.

6. We have officially placed ourselves on an unofficial private adoption list. C's Mom's boss gets notified by her OB when there is a girl/woman who is pregnant and wants to put it up for adoption. We decided to put ourselves on now because you never know how long it might take. Kind of like TTC...it's a gamble at best.

7. I'm making a conscious effort to increase my protein and water intake this cycle.

8. When do I get my WTF appointment with my RE? I'm not sure what good it will do, because I don't think there is anything else we can try other than IVF. I would kind of like to regroup and have a sit down with him though.

9. We are floating down a river this weekend with several thousand other folks. It is supposed to be cold and possibly rainy, but down the river we shall go!

10. 4 eggs and 47 million sperm and not 1 could fertilize and attach. Good lord! Kind of makes me wish we had moved forward with an IUI when I over responded. I know that isn't probably rational though and I would still cancel a cycle with that many mature follies now unless otherwise advised by my RE. Just a thought of what if. This is a new cycle with new possibilities! I'm also going to hunt for a new donor. I do like this one though and something did work. Maybe we will stick with him...we'll see what the options are.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• 1. @KH826 - So glad your shower was such a huge success! I know you were stressed w/family issues and stuff, but it turned out great! And what a win that you got everything but 2 items!! Score! You guys are clearly loved :).

2. J suggested we wait on getting a dog until after we have the baby. PHEW! I am glad for that - and we STILL haven't taken our chickens to their new home. I think J is sad deep down to get rid of them, well, the one she loves and considers a pet. I think I may just take them this weekend while she's at work.

3. One long-lasting result of my post-weight loss plastic surgery is nerve damage in my lower belly. I have areas of total numbness (working out great for Lovenox shots!) but the WORST is this intermittent internal tickling/nerve-bursting sensation. It happens in little spells, a day or two at a time a few times a year. There's nothing I can do about it - scratching doesn't address it (numb on the skin) and, the pressure of scratching only makes it worse! I've been so worried this would fire up and last night it did. I was awake 2 hours feeling relentlessly tickled inside my belly. #personalhell I imagine it will continue as I stretch out - frankly, I can't believe I made it to 24w before it started.  Ug. There are nerve drugs I have (but can't take preggo) and some lotions that help a little (I need to see if they are toxic for baby tho).

4. Tomorrow is V-Day! I'll be 24w which is amazing, shocking, and awesome. I love feeling her move but I wish I felt it more, though I'm sure that will come.

5. We bought a Netto Cub Crib off of CL this weekend along with two changing tables (one will function as a dresser) for a total deal ($500!). New they run $3200 for crib and 1 changing table - though we of course have an older model. They are kind of modern but not too modern. They match our style and we loved them. Considering we plan to co-sleep, the crib may or may not see much use so we weren't looking to spend zillions on it, but we wanted to like it and also ensure it wasn't made of plywood/made in China, toxic, etc. These are made of sustainable NZ wood and meet all US specifications for non-toxicity. Plus, the people we bought it from were super cool! J wants to make friends with them. haha.

6. I am HUNGRY lately. This is the first time in my pregnancy I feel like I'm having to be mindful of what and how much I eat. Until now, I seemed appropriately hungry and just made good choices. No work at all. Now though, I finish eating and think "what else can I eat!??" Rutrow.

7. Glucose test is next Thursday. I can't say I'm excited. But we get a growth scan and I'm secretly hoping for a 3-D pic!

8. The cradle my grandpa made for me when I was born arrives tomorrow! I shipped it when I was in PA for my dad's surgery. It's filthy and needs some TLC, but I'm excited to have it, even though my dad said it's really only good for the first month or two.

9. I'm cooking at home more! Our Maui trip inspired me since I cooked every night almost there. Thankfully it's grilling weather which means no pots/pans and lots of yummy easy food.

10. Weather in Seattle is stunning - 70's, sunny, blue/partly cloudy skies. No complaints from the PNW on weather! (A rare statement :).
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• 1. @KH826‌ - that looks like the most amazing baby shower ever! I love the book theme and all the special touches. Just lovely. And I read your update yesterday and the gift from your brother and his nurse is so beautiful and touching. What a treasure to have.

2. Also, KH, thanks for thinking of me. I justified waiting on the GF change to see if the other remedies worked. I figured if I throw the whole kitchen sink at it, I won't know what it was that caused the change. His left eye was a bit teary last night, which concerns me, but his congestion is definitely better.

3. Oh, another one, KH - so smart to get that bag packed! I was really dumb. I kinda started packing the bag, but only because Z made me. I kept telling her, "oh, we have plenty of time," and "we'll be laboring at home a long time, we'll have time to do it then." Yeah, didn't work out for me like that! So, when out doula arrived to the house, Z then had to run around the house like a crazy person making sure we had everything while I was trying not to push a baby out in the bathroom! It's comical looking back on it. :)

4. So, we finally decided to do something with our tiny yard. Thanks to the extreme heat, lack of precipitation, and the amount of shade in our backyard, the grass has pretty much ceased to grow and has become overrun with weeds. It looks terrible. So, we enlisted a friend up help us as Z and I are completely clueless when it comes to gardening/landscaping. I'm excited and will PIP the makeover in a few weeks. I'm hoping we can finish in 3 weekends before it's gets too hot (temps have already reached 90s on some days).

5. My interview for the director position is this week. Happy thoughts, please!

6. I'm eagerly awaiting Owen's birth!

7. My MIL is in town for a couple weeks. She's really enjoying the baby. He's actually staying with her today. She still calls him Danielito because when I was pregnant we weren't sure if his first name, but knew his middle name would be Daniel. She's been call in him Danielito since then. I think it's pretty cute - something special between them.

8. My milk supply is so strange. Last week I was a milk machine (which for me just means that by the end of the week I ended up with one extra bottle serving for the week - so, produced enough for 16 bottles, though he takes 15 during the week). It's nice to have the little extra to freeze. Yesterday, though, I only pumped just enough for his three bottles today, which is fine but I always worry when I pump a little less.

9. I was surprised last week with the opportunity to take a work trip to Chicago at the end of May. I rarely ever travel with work and have never traveled out of state for work. Initially I thought I wouldn't be able to go because I can't leave LO since he's still nursing. Then, I had a bright idea. My mom was planning to come to Austin at the sane time since Z will be in Mexico visiting family. I asked my mom if she wanted to take a trip and she jumped at it. I'm very excited! I've never been to Chicago. If you have recs in what to do/see/eat, particularly with a baby, let me know!

10. Thinking warm thoughts for all that need them @newmompeanut‌ - hope your dr's appt goes well and you get some answers. To those TTC, wishing you lots of support on your journey.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. My little sister and my mom are throwing our family baby shower in June and it's so fun to talk to my sis about! It's going to be a casual family BBQ party - which is ideal for us I think.   She has titled it a "Fiesta for 2!"

2. Many years ago my mom was married to a man for about 3 years who was bad news in the worst possible ways.  That part is over now but resurfaced recently due to his continuing to be a terrible guy to people in his life that came after our family and it finally catching up to him and some serious police involvement.
    I was already moved out and living far away when all this happened but as the big sister (by a decade) to my little sibs I hate being powerless both now and 10 years ago.  

3.  My work situation is going to get chaotic within about a month I am guessing.   I am not sure how it's going to go down, but I suspect it's not going to be pretty.  Looks like it's going to be another summer full of turnover here, and I'm having two babies so no way in hell am I going to pick up the pieces and work myself ragged like last year! 

4.  I am pretty sure I have reflux in a bad way now.   It's very dramatic, not as bad as morning sickness for sure, but still an annoyance.  I am taking more anti-nausea meds now than ever before though because they seem to help though.

5.  Pregnancy cravings are REAL.  It's insane.  This week I am on a milkshake/smoothie kick because I got it in my head that I need way more calories than I can possibly eat with my stomach/throat issues.  Last weekend I was on Hot Dogs.   I am going with it and trying to throw in some fruit and protein wherever possible.   I figure my body will tell me what it wants/needs.

6.  H. and I are making moves on our announcement.  It should be done by the weekend.

7.  I am having a week where I am not growing as much as last week.  It's more comfortable because I'm not feeling all the same uterus pains and bloating - and also terrifying because we're between check-ups and I just have to have faith.   PAIF brain sucks.

8.  After I do my TTT I always think of other things to post.  I suspect today will be that day.   I am very preoccupied by all the things mentioned above...  Therapy may not be a bad idea for me this week ;)

9.  @healz413 is the best partner ever in the whole world/universe/cosmos.  She also looks adorable clutching the giant can of cheetos I bought her yesterday.  I have a photo that I won't PIP because she would kill me ;)

10.  I think we're headed into another round of new babies here on the LGBT parenting board, I look forward to all the PIPs this week!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• 3. All I want to eat is junk.... It's like I have reverted back to college eating. Everything that sound good is some mixture of carbs and cheese: quesadillas, pizza, Mac and cheese. I am struggling to get proteins because meat sounds really gross!
    YES!   Give in to the cheesy, crunchy goodness!  

We have eaten so many quesadillas, egg & cheese sandwiches, grilled cheeses and Kraft dinner in the past 2 months it's amazing!     Apparently cheese just doesn't get tiresome in pregnancy like so many other things do....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• @2MamazInSeattle‌ - our crib doesn't get much use, but he will occasionally take a nap in it. It's also a safe place to put him if one of us is home alone with him and needs to shower or something. So, good to have on hand! I'm jealous you found something so nice in CL! I never can find anything when I look!
  • KH826KH826 member
    @Manada & @doodah1013 - cheese and carbs were my best friends in 1st tri, and continue to be my comfort foods of choice. Egg and cheese on a plain bagel from Dunkin Donuts is still one of my favorite splurges :)

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • 1. I was supposed to go for a 30-minute walk at lunch but I chickened out. It's not that cold out but it's too cold and windy to walk around without one's coat buttoned, and my coat won't button anymore. My heavy winter down coat still fits but I get overheated in it. Come on, spring! It needs to get just a little warmer so I can solve my outerwear issues. I refuse to buy a maternity coat to wear for a month.

2. Last day of work before vacation! We are not going anywhere but I hope to have a nursery by next week -- not completed but at least underway! And the idea of sleeping in and naps every day...ahhhhhh. Also planning a prenatal massage, mani/pedi, and eyebrow wax (OK so the last one is not that fun, but I'm seriously overdue). And we have lunch and brunch plans with friends.

3. Stuff is moving on our baby registries and I am excited! It's not the stuff itself (although obviously some of it we really need) but every time I look at it I think about using it with an ACTUAL BABY. Whoa!

4. Mr. Baby's future BFF is due any day now and I am eager to hear that she has arrived!

5. I wore a wrap dress today and although I thought I had worn it before by itself with no issues, it clearly needs a camisole or tank underneath it. Unfortunately I did not realize this until I was in my car. I pinned the neckline so my turbo-charged pregnancy boobs are basically under control, but I am not feeling super secure about it.

6. All I can think about is BABY BABY REGISTRY VACATION BABY VACATION so I think I will respond to some others' posts...

7. @Amber&amp;Reva -- I've been meaning to try the pb in the oatmeal too. I think you pushed me over the edge!

8. @doodah1013 -- Totally with you on college eating. It's annoying because you are trying to eat healthy for the baby and in my case I have also been trying hard not to gain too much weight, but then mac and cheese sounds so good all the time! We are getting pizza tonight to celebrate being on vacation.

9. @newmompeanut -- That baby + puppy picture is cute overload!

10. @StacyLH24 -- I got rage issues on Lupron. Fortunately they did not stick around too long but yeah, I was ANGRY. I think a lot of it was purely emotional (because IF gives one a lot to be angry about) but I'm sure the meds don't help anything. Do you like sports? Someone once suggested I go to a batting cage to get my aggression out, but I am so uncoordinated I knew I'd miss the ball more often than not and just get more angry. Someone else suggested a shooting range but I am a little afraid of guns! I used to want to go to a car lot and smash all the windows.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• @ball.and.chain - I love softball and used to go to a local batting cage to release any bad feelings. If the weather would cooperate, I may be doing that again soon. There is no better feeling than when that bat and ball connect. A friend, also my biggest source of support, has suggested getting dishes from a thrift store, putting up sheets to catch the mess and going to town destroying them. I have a feeling that I'm going to need to do one of those, or something else, soon.

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• KH826 said:
    @Manada & @doodah1013 - cheese and carbs were my best friends in 1st tri, and continue to be my comfort foods of choice. Egg and cheese on a plain bagel from Dunkin Donuts is still one of my favorite splurges :)
    Ditto - I couldn't even look at/smell meat - cheese, eggs, yogurt were my protein and everything seems to be just fine. First tri my doc says it is more about micronutrients (folic acid, fish oil, etc.) and that the protein is key as the baby's brain grows later. Just hang in there - you can always get more serious about the diet once you're past the first tri yucks. :)

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• edited April 2014
    ATXmommas said:
    @2MamazInSeattle‌ - our crib doesn't get much use, but he will occasionally take a nap in it. It's also a safe place to put him if one of us is home alone with him and needs to shower or something. So, good to have on hand! I'm jealous you found something so nice in CL! I never can find anything when I look!
    This was my thinking - it's a safe place to just put her if I need to; plus, I wanted to avoid the judgement of all the co-sleeping haters (i.e., if we didn't have a crib people think we're weird) and last, who knows, she may hate co-sleeping and love the crib - while I doubt it, you just never know what you're gonna get!  And yes, it was a FIND for sure - and like I said, the people were totally 'our people' and I have not an ounce of weird feelings using their 'used' stuff at all. Plus they included the changing pad, cover, mattress and crib sheet - that along is another wad of cash saved!!

oh p.s. @AXTmommas - I sent you a PM with some vegan/gluten free info I stumbled upon, in case you need it! :)

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• StacyLH24 said:
    @ball.and.chain - I love softball and used to go to a local batting cage to release any bad feelings. If the weather would cooperate, I may be doing that again soon. There is no better feeling than when that bat and ball connect. A friend, also my biggest source of support, has suggested getting dishes from a thrift store, putting up sheets to catch the mess and going to town destroying them. I have a feeling that I'm going to need to do one of those, or something else, soon.
    Not sure if you have one there, but J has taken up boxing at a boxing gym over the past year. She says there is no better feeling that hitting a bunch of sh*t a couple times a week to keep one calm and collected :). Just another notion! And, hang in there - for me it was the prometrium, I just got super unreasonable and irritated by EVERYTHING, but it only lasted a few days in a noticeable way. FX for you my dear, I'm so so so sorry this is sucking so much for you.

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• 2momsinCA2momsinCA member
    edited April 2014

@doodah1013 & @manada cheese alone and cheese+carb foods are still my favorites. Quesadillas, homemade mac & cheese, bagels with cream cheese or bagel with egg and cheese, and grilled cheese sandwiches are totally big parts of my diet. I justify the indulgence as there is protein and calcium in cheese so it's all good. I've never been a big meat eater and I try to work it in as much as possible, but if I feel like I need a cheese+carb dinner (along with a healthy side of veggies), I'm going with it.

@2mamazinSeattle nice score on the nursery furniture! We are huge cl shoppers too and I'm so happy with our finds- two beautiful ergobaby carriers with infant inserts, the twin nursing pillow (never used!), a swing and matching bouncer, 2 rock n plays, the arms reach co-sleeper, the list goes on and on. We cut ourselves off last month because my step mom said there won't be anything left for the registry- but it its hard to not browse and see if there are any treasures out there- you definitely found some!!

@newmompeanut awesome puppy pics!! Congrats on the new addition to your family!

@KH826Your shower sounds like the best shower I could imagine. What a wonderful day filled with love for two soon to be mamas!!

I don't have 10 things today. Just one- a coworker of mine has been "showering" me with hand-me-downs which is honestly amazing. Yesterday was a huge bag of sensory and cause and effect toys for infants and today is a like-new bouncer (which is the identical snugabunny as the one we got off cl). It's amazing and so sweet. I haven't really gotten along with her perfectly in the past, but this outpouring of stuff is wonderful. I kind of want to re-pay her somehow. Maybe a thank you gift card for coffee. Not sure.

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• KH826KH826 member
    @ball.and.chain & @StacyLH24 - I never was on Gonal F, but boy oh boy can I relate to the Lupron rage! I felt like a different person and not in a good way. I remember texting my wife one day saying "I just threw a Lupron fit at Ikea" ... She asked what happened and I said "well we have free delivery on our sleeper sofa now" ... She meant to ask what set me off. The answer was NOTHING! I know none if you know me IRL, but that is soooooo not my usual personality! Yikes!

Anyway, Stacy, things will look up soon! I think the batting cages and boxing classes are great ideas! :)

• @KH826‌ - I literally lol'd at that, thank you :).

@2Mamaz - I also lol'd at what J said about keeping calm and collected.

Things will look up. I am not really feeling negative, nor do I want to, but this new snarky side of me seems to have pushed through the door and started unpacking and getting comfy.

While I was on the Endometrin, C and I were snippy with each other a bit. Her sister, sister's boyfriend and her youngest brother were at our house one night. We had both had it with each other so we started to playfully wrestle. We were not serious and only playing around and neither of us got hurt nor tried to hurt the other. It was nice for us both to get it out though.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• @ StacyLH24  that living your life 2 weeks at a time makes me think! It’s gonna be so true for us too! 

AF, O, AF, O , AF O--- hopefully only one cycle lol  

Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• KH826 said:

Ditto - I couldn't even look at/smell meat - cheese, eggs, yogurt were my protein and everything seems to be just fine. First tri my doc says it is more about micronutrients (folic acid, fish oil, etc.) and that the protein is key as the baby's brain grows later. Just hang in there - you can always get more serious about the diet once you're past the first tri yucks. :)

Thanks everyone for the advice. Makes me feel much better. The good news is I am really I to fruits, and cottage cheese and Greek yogurt are treating me really well!
    @firstcomeslove2013‌ is currently running to the store for ingredients for gourmet grilled cheese and tomato soup (not gourmet soup, just Campbell's).

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• 1. Watching a chat on my phone between my brother-in-law and wife, about when Owen will arrive.  Sus (my sister-in-law) and I are copied - but its funny to see the comments unfold.  Yes... When is baby going to arrive? The million dollar question ;-)

2. Our midwives are coming over at 4pm, hopefully they will be able to sweep my membranes and discuss further natural induction techniques now that I'm at my due date.  I'm really nervous to hear that I've made no progress. Although I've resigned myself to trying to calmly await Owen's arrival, its a mental battle to stay patient.

3. @KH826 - love your shower photos, it looks like such an amazing day!  You're family & friends seem awesome. And I'm glad to hear your ready for baby girl with all the shower gifts and shopping this weekend.  35 weeks!!!

4. I just fried these shrimp bites for lunch for Kaden and I.  I have no idea what has come over me making fried foods - ugh. They were really good but greasy.  I can totally relate to "college appetite".  Thankfully I cooked dinner this morning so at least we'll be eating healthy later.

5. I only gained 1 pound last month.  EV is worried that I don't eat enough for Owen, but I try to tell her since I'm overweight to begin with that he's fine - I don't need to gain quite as much.  I'm so glad I didn't gain 100+ pounds this pregnancy. Already its daunting to think of getting into shape again once baby arrives, but I'm determined to since I never did after Kaden was born.  And it's likely this is my last pregnancy.  The other week our midwife asked me my weight and I said 1XX, and then burst out laughing. It was a reasonable weight for me in the the past - but lets replace that 1 with a 2....  Sigh. 

6. Arrghh all I can think about is this baby. :P

7. Ok time to sweep, mop and shower while Kaden naps.  It's hot today (high 80's and 90's this week).  So my plan for an afternoon walk to shake things up may not happen.  Perhaps when the sun starts to set.

8. I wrote in the parenting check-in yesterday about how lonely it is in this town.  We live in a beautiful town, full of parks, great stores, some of the best schools in California.  We're close to EVs job which is also in this town and located in the heart of Silicon Valley.  But...  I've made efforts to meet people and make friends. Granted my efforts are not quite what they could have been. I've been proactive but I haven't thrown any parties at my house ;-)  Anyway I haven't made any real friends here in over 6 months. Our friends and family who are also in California are 30min - 2 hours away and we travel to see them or them us, which is wonderful.  But... I just don't see myself and our family being able to put down deep roots here.  I still miss the town we moved from up North and our community of friends and the tons of LGBT families we knew.  But 1.5 - 2 hours is too far to commute for EV, so....  Sigh.  With all the craziness of the past couple of years we won't be in a position to buy a house for sometime. A year would be optimistic.  So EV and I waffle between what to do and when. I don't want to move until we buy a house because moving with kids is the worst ;-)  So its likely we'll stick out another lonely year or so here while EV works and I will try to start my career later this Summer in the East Bay and commute. 

9. My thoughts today: Baby?  Where is my life going?  Money?  Ice cream?  Baby?  How do I get this labor started?  Mmmmm - food?  Baby?

10. Something that makes my day though are all the Pregnants!  (That's what EV calls pregnant folks ;-)  And the knowledge that those in the TTC will move over to the pregnancy check in soon (hopefully sooner rather than later) and the cycle will continue :-)  It's just so exciting to see our families grow. 
  • 1. Won't know how many I'll be able to type in.
    2. My LO and I are currently outside while he plays with his cars/trains.
    3. Big score me? Going on long walks with my LO at Fort Flagler State Park. We hiked to some of the bunkers and scout around. It was fun, we've gone twice this week so far. Might go again some more!
    4. Starting to "accept" that my LO will be an only child.
    5. Doing some house-hunting in the area but it's a major "boo" since we're 'limited'.
    6. I know we have one or two more fantastic warm days up here in the PNW this week, so I'm going to enjoy it!
    7. Trying to plan Saturday as a "Lego" day.
    8. Need to change my shirt... yes, it's warming up! (It's only 60° but it feels like 70°!)
    9. Need to plan another date night with my other half, so she'll feel loved!
    10. Unsure what to do for Mother's day... I have no clue if my other half knows ... sigh!
    More importantly .. enjoy your week!
  • 1. @Manada mentioned my large thing of Cheeto balls. I have eaten too many and don't feel great.

2. Today is a gross spring day with tons of rain and wind that I associate with mid to late march, not the end of April.

3. Our June 29 family shower is going to be really early in our pregnancy compared to most showers but with M's sister out of town for all of July and August is it the only time we can do it.

4. I keep thinking about how we need to get life insurance before the Rockies are born but I keep forgetting to mention it to M.

5. I just watched a raccoon walk across the street in broad daylight.

6. M is working late and I am busy until she's off work but I wish we were both around so we could work on the slideshow/video for our announcement. Oh well, the weekend will come soon enough and we can do it then.

7. The closer we get to an ultrasound the more anxious I get. I'm starting to get anxious today and wonder if we should wait to post an announcement until after our Monday ultrasound and/or Tuesday Midwife appt.

8. I want to take a nap.

9. I keep thinking of things we need to so. I guess that means it is "to do list" time.

10. I need a coffee but I'm worried if i have one now I will have trouble falling asleep tonight.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 1. Just had a friend drop by to say hi! He use to live right around the corner, literally, but they had to move. I miss them. They only live 10 minutes away but it is harder to get there and they can't come here as often---they JUST had a baby (#2).

2. I am watching Long Island Medium. It is one of my guilty pleasures.

3. Work was ok, then went to a meeting where they threw at us ANOTHER test we have to give (on top of the 6 weeks of testing we already have left). It totally blew my mind and stressed me out. Had to go home and nap LOL

4. I think we are going to have pasta, meatball, sauce, salad, and garlic bread. Yummy! So fast and easy too!!! Yay

5. Felt our little nuggets move this weekend. It was surreal. But I haven't felt them since =(

6. AUGH....just came back in from letting our dogs outside and one is completely black where he use to be white. We are putting in a pool and right now it is just dirt and he LOVES rolling in it!!!!

7. Stupid Mother's Day commercial from Publix had me in an ugly cry yesterday. Gotta love hormones

8. I got nothing else...sadlly

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• Himee33Himee33 member
    edited April 2014
    1. @KH826 You are scaring me with the Lupron talk. Ahhh :) I had no major side effects with Gonal F although L said I was very snippy at times. Clomid was the worst. Massive headaches, crying daily, not sleeping and hot flashes!

2. I need to find a more fuel efficient car. I have a Jeep Cherokee and the gas is killing us. I wanted to eventually get a new Jeep but that doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon. I just don't want a small car! 

3. L finally had to set the alarm on my phone because I kept forgetting to take my BCP right at 9!

4. Easter was my niece Sanieya's 7th birthday and I still haven't sent her birthday present. It's packed and ready to be shipped but it's still sitting in my kitchen. Bad auntie :( 

5. This Saturday we are doing some spring cleaning. Our closets and cupboards are a disaster and L complains about all my shoes. She's tired of seeing them piled up in the closets. I keep reminding her that it's okay to have a bunch of shoes! I need to stop at The Container Store and pick up some things to help us be more organized! 

6. I can't wait for the Minnesota Wild and Colorado Avalanche game. Hoping Colorado loses so the Chicago Blackhawks don't have to play them. I LOVE hockey but secretly can't wait for football season. L got me hooked! 

7. Planning my trip to Portland for July. Can't wait to see my family and friends. We will also be celebrating L's 28th birthday while out there! 

8. Softball started last Sunday and this will be the first year I won't be playing since moving to Chicago. I'm really sad about it but with all the upcoming baby stuff, I didn't really want to commit to a team with everything up in the air. Who knows how I feel this round of meds. 

9. I'm bummed the weather has been crappy the last few days. I love going for nightly walks to the beach with L and our crazy 5lb yorkie Milly! The perks of living 4 blocks from the beach! 

10. I'm working late tonight. I would rather be home with L and Milly!

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• edited April 2014
    I didn't get to chime in last week so I am excited to do my TTT this week. I really enjoy reading all of your TTTs but its pretty late so I won't reply to everyone.

1. I am so excited for all the babies! @YBnormal85‌ and @Jazibel‌ you guys are at the beginning of your exciting new journeys and I can't wait to see more!

2. We are making our basement into a playroom. I watch some kids in our home and I am so excited to get all the toys and play stuff out of our living room. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel but there is still a lot of work to do!

3. Tonight we lost a long and frustrating battle with our lawn mower. We gave in and bought a new one. It was like twice as much as our last mower but totally worth it. @doodah1013‌ was pretty happy!

4. In January I started working from home (in addition to the children I watch) and I was just promoted to manager! I am pretty excited about it. It's totally not the career path I expected but it is helping our family to make ends meet!

5. My parents are coming into town this weekend. My dad is helping C with a program and my mom is going to help me with some things in the house. It will be nice!

6. We are going to be really busy over the next few weekends. My parents are here this weekend, we are there next weekend and the weekend after that I am going to spend the weekend with my best friend...so busy!!!

7. We really need to get on training our dogs before squints gets here...it's going to be rough! They are really bad.

8. Tonight we cooked steaks for dinner and it was really delicious! It's been a while since we made steak! We don't eat a lot of red meat so it was a nice treat!

9. C was home from work today and it was so nice to run some errands and hang out with our niece!

10. I still read the TTC check in and I now totally focusing all my fertility energy to you all. It sucks. Hang in there guys! I know sometimes it doesn't feel like it matters of people are pulling for you but C and I always said that its science that will get is a baby, it's the help and support of others that will get us through all the crappy stuff!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• 1. @KH826 Your shower sounds like it was amazing and I might be a little jealous :) I love the college idea. We bought a onesie that is associated with where I got my master's, but that's it so far. I'm going to bring up the idea to J and see what she thinks about getting baby some stuff from where we both got our undergrads. She hated where she got her master's so that one is out for sure. 

2. I left work early and dropped J off at the airport, she's going to be in New Orleans for the rest of the week. I'm trying not to pout too much but I'm going to miss her. 

3. I finally finished and submitted our huge government grant report today for work, so glad it is over, now just have to prepare my boss for my maternity leave. 

4. Hopefully while the wife is gone I can make a lot of progress on the house and the mural for Bubbles. We snapped the chalk lines last night and I started sketching it out tonight

5. We got our niece a tool set for her 1st birthday, the party was on Friday, and she LOVED it. My sister sent me a picture yesterday of how happy she was playing with it. She is the coolest baby ever. 

6. One of my sister's best friends passed away suddenly from a pulmonary embolism on my niece's b-day. It was a really hard week for my sister. It's always hard to lose people but she was so young. They had a date for a couple days after she passed away. 

7. J still hasn't heard back yet about the job she interviewed for. They said it would be soon, but her interview was last Thursday. I think I am being more impatient than she is. She got called to interview somewhere else she applied too. I hope something works out soon so she can get a job she likes and hopefully a raise too :)

8. I'm trying to decide what to do with my life. I don't love my job, but I am don't know what direction to move in. I know I don't need to decide anytime soon, but I feel kind of lost. I told J I wanted to be an artist/stay at home with the kids. She said if she got this job, we'd figure out a way to do it. That sounds promising. I also want a Phd...decisions, decisions. 

9, It's finally starting to sink in that we are going to have a baby soon, like really soon. I'm so excited to meet our baby and also feeling a little anxious to get a bunch of little projects done before he gets here. 

10. J went to the store last night and bought loads of healthy food for me to eat while she is gone. Usually when she is out of town, I don't each very much and don't eat the healthiest meals. She is just the cutest and wanted to make sure Bubbles and I were eating enough and eating nutritious meals, love that woman. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"