Breastfeeding

Biting

My LO is almost one and I am in the process of weaning him off of breast feeding. We just got down to first thing in the morning and right before bedtime. T just got his 4th tooth and has started biting when he's eating. It is super painful. Any suggestions on what to do to have him stop this? Someone told me to tell him no and stop nursing when that happens. I'm worried if I do this my milk will dry up since I'm only nursing twice a day and I'm not quite ready to be completely done breast feeding yet. I looked at him and said "no" sternly tonight and he started sobbing!

Re: Biting

• First, watch him very carefully while he's nursing. The moment he unlatches, remove him from the breast. He can't be latched and bite at the same time.
    When he bites, say no, put him down for one minute then try again.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• as PP said, watch for him to slow down or start to delatch. as soon as this happens, take him off the breast. also, try not to react (like, don't scream, as hard as it is) if you do get bitten. it never worked for me to say "no" sternly because DS just got scared. i think the best strategy is to delatch them as soon as they get distracted, because that's when they tend to bite. biting is generally a phase, anyway, so your LO will probably get tired of it soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"