November 2013 Moms

Family home update

So things haven't gone how I'd like them too..

I talked to my brother and he said sure no problem, it's yours!

Then the next morning he texted me and said he couldn't stop thinking about it and he wanted to talk to his wife first. I said okay since the house was left to him by my grandpa. But I knew his wife had said mulitple times she wouldn't live there so I figured all would be fine. Well he didn't talk to be about it for like a week so I asked his wife if he'd said anything and she said no. Then this morning my mom asked me if I'd heard that they were taking it. And I said no. I guess his wife claimed she never said that and they wanted it.

Well now my dad is upset that my brother went back on what he said and is gonna call a family meeting at some point about it. My mom said my dad said (I hate that I didn't get all this first hand!!!!) that he wants the house appraised when grandma dies and for them to pay my husband and I half of what it's worth.

I have a lot on the farm but I am diagnosed OCD and I can't handle stuff sitting everywhere and being a mess and where the lot I want is our drive way would have to go past my parents house and my dad has stuff everywhere! I almost have an anxiety attack just going to their house. So obviously driving by it everyday is not an option. My mom told my dad this and he swears it'll all be cleaned up if I'll build on the farm (his dream to have his whole family living on the farm) but DH and I still don't know.. I think we're just gonna wait unitl baby #2 is a year (when we will outgrow our house) and then start looking to buy in the area.

I'm so sad.. but kinda relieved that I won't have to deal with the whole family trying to have imput everytime I wanted to change something on the house.

Re: Family home update

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"