November 2014 Moms
Options

NT scan coming up Fri at 12.2 wks+

We aren't finding out this time and I just want to make sure we won't be able to see anything at this ultrasound. In my past pregnancies, you could never tell at that time, but I saw someone post that they found out at 13 wks.
~Jen
Married since 8.17.03
Mom to Richard 7.24.05, Ava 3.27.08, Isabella 5.19.09 & Timothy 10.22.14

Re: NT scan coming up Fri at 12.2 wks+

• Options
    KMW08KMW08 member

We aren't finding out this time and I just want to make sure we won't be able to see anything at this ultrasound. In my past pregnancies, you could never tell at that time, but I saw someone post that they found out at 13 wks.

Are you talking about the sex??

If so, it is pretty early to find out, but it is possible if there's a perfect view. My bil's 1st was in a cartwheel position and there was no question it was a boy from that pic.

So if you don't want to know, be vocal and make sure the tech knows and your nurse(s) and doctor(s) are always reminded you don't want to know.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options
    I had mine yesterday at 12.1 weeks and our tech didn't say a word, but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't anyway due to how early it is.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a few friends who's tech volunteered that info, so I would be vocal and tell them ahead you don't want to know. Ours wasn't going to look as it's not her standard practice but said she would after I asked for a peek... She just didn't wanna specifically call it since there's a chance of being wrong. But boys are pretty hard to miss judge....even she was surprised how clear ours was and baby wasn't shy at all so that made her picture/angle that much clearer.

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• Options
    At that point the nub is still there. So unless you know how to analyze the angle of the nub you wouldn't know. Nub =\= boy.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At that point the nub is still there. So unless you know how to analyze the angle of the nub you wouldn't know. Nub =\= boy.
    This. I've heard of experienced techs being willing to make an educated guess based on the "angle of the dangle" but it's by no means a certainty, and I definitely don't think a layperson would be able to tell at this point.
  • Options
    I intend to take a full body shot to the us tech in my moms group for her best professional opinion. She said the only time she has read a 12w sonogram wrong was with her own baby, haha. I will be 12w3d and she said she should have a pretty good view by then.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"