January 2013 Moms
Options

Tubes it is....

So we went back to see the doctor for DS's ears, a check up after he was diagnosed with his 6th ear infection a few weeks ago. Good news, the left one was normal, but bad news, his right ear is terribly red and inflamed. So Wednesday we are off to see the ear consultant to see if he recommends tubes. I'm actually relieved to be at this point. Tubes will hopefully mean an end to his reoccurring ear infections and all the pain and discomfort that come along with it. 

But I am going to ask for tips and advice from the Momma's who have had their LO's go through the procedure.

So consult this Wednesday and hopefully tubes next Wednesday. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
**Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

Re: Tubes it is....

• Options
    DD has them. The procedure was super easy. She did continue to have a few ear infections after tubes, but finally did stop. Plus I thought (this isn't meant to sound as bad as it does) that ear infections were much "easier" as the gunk just drains out of her ears.

Good luck at the docs!

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• Options
    No advice here, but good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter just had them placed last week Tuesday. The anesthesiologist and ENT doc explainned their respective procedures to us thoroughly. Procedure was quick and she was back to her normal self that afternoon. We have been placing antibiotic drops in her ears for the last 7 days as was instructed. We are hoping these tubes help her ears drain better. Good luck.
  • Options
    ema10ema10 member
    DS had them back in February. The procedure was quick. He napped for a really long time afterward. We had to put drops in his ears for several days following the procedure. He hasn't had any ear infections since. I'm glad we got it done. I didn't like having him on antibiotics all the time.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, we'll hear what the surgeon says tomorrow at his consult and go from there. I'm very excited if this means an end to his ear infections and antibiotics. Still nerve racking when you think of your baby having surgery, even though it's a minor surgery. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"