Cloth Diapering

Random OT question

edited April 2014 in Cloth Diapering
Do you wish you had taped when you gave birth? Did you tape it?
imageimageimage
imageimage
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
It all revolves around you.

Re: Random OT question

• Ick. Absolutely no way. I prefer to remember the beautiful blissful feelings from the first time I held my boys. No desire to relive the stretching, pushing, etc. And I actually mostly liked my labors.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Nope nope nope.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Lol I've always been in the 'no way' category too. I loved A's birth in every way but don't think I'd want to watch it. But I get so emotional watching other people have their babies that I just felt a twinge of regret that my memories are all that exist.

Our hospital policy forbids taping anyways, so it's not like I had a real choice anyways.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • @SecretAgentKate will they set up mirrors for you?
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Not at all. I had a very difficult delivery, and I'm pretty sure my doc was up to her elbows trying to get DS's head to move off my pelvic bone so he could come on out. I do wish I had a few more brand-new-NB pictures and someone to take a moment to fix me up a tad for a good pic with DS.

• I think that is weird that your hospital forbids it.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Nope, I was so tired with this last birth I was taking naps between pushes.

And even though I had an epidural, I still felt a lot of the pain. I was hugging a bowl most of my labor trying not to get sick.

I'd rather no witness that. I think pictures would be great.
  • Oh good God NO!  They did let me peek at her head before those last few pushes, and that was amazing.  But nobody, not even me, needs to know what really happened down there.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I would absolutely not want to watch my labor again.  I gave a toast at a wedding a few weeks ago and I won't even watch that, hahaha!  I do wish I had more pics of DS when we was first born, though.
  • No and No. Just not my thing.

I will say though, since I've been working on my photography skills this past year, that I've gotten to know a few photographers who do birth photography and newborn photography and if you have someone who knows what they are doing it can be a wonderful thing.

One of my photography friends shared the photos of a birth (with the parents' permission of course) where the Dad Skyped in from Iraq. It was a very moving series of photos.
  • no.

I was visiting a couple that my husband used to work with while I was pregnant with DD.  They insisted we watch their video.  I was NOT impressed.

• Mapleme said:
    tjkdlhb said:
    no.

I was visiting a couple that my husband used to work with while I was pregnant with DD.  They insisted we watch their video.  I was NOT impressed.
    That's creepy and boring all at the same time. Kind of like your sister insisting that you watch her vacation slide show to a swingers summer camp.
    I'm suddenly so grateful to not have any sisters!

• I had a mirror for my vbac and we got some awesome pics. Not sure I'd want to video. We did video Colton meeting Harper in the hospital. My hair is oily and you can see major side boob thru my gown but it's the sweetest thing ever. He was very concerned about her having feet and not very much hair! Lol

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• BoyOhBoysBoyOhBoys member
    edited April 2014
    no, however i would like the opportunity to watch once.  i've always had csections and the last two times i've asked them to leave the curtain down so i could see but they said it was a health issue.  i don't think it's something i'd ever want to watch not in the moment though, so i'm not sure i'd want it taped.  i do like looking at pics from the delivery room and right after from time to time, but that's about it for me.  
    I had two Csections and i have action shots from both. I am sorry you couldn't.
  • Thank goodness. I was ready to hang my head in FTM shame for not wanting to see it. 

I don't think I'd mind seeing him right as he's coming out in full but I don't want to get distracted by the fact that I have to push 7 pounds out of 10 centimeters by seeing the whole thing. 

Seriously, ever blow your nose and have a cantaloupe come out? That's what I keep picturing. over and over. 

• I didn't have video, or even many pictures immediately after birth.  We didn't want to be behind a camera right after he was born.  I'm sad that all we have are our memories as well. 

I would love a video.  Like MK, I don't think I'd watch it, but just knowing I had it would be awesome.  I don't think mh would take it though…and I won't allow anyone else there for the delivery.  

Is it possible to hold up a camera and give birth to a baby? ;)

I loved labor and M's birth, so to me having a video would be a wonderful memory.  Nothing scary happened-like emergencies or tearing or anything.  

And all you csection mamas-wow!  You're super brave to be "clamped open", as @secretagentkate lovingly put it ;)  I get anxiety just reading about your stories
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I didn't even think about doing it with DD and since it ended in emergency C, that wouldn't have happened. It's pretty engrained in my memory.

But this time I'm having a VBAC and am determined to have a wonderful birth like all these videos I watch, and I would like to have some of it on tape, at least.

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• I was actually really excited to see things (but not tape them!) whether it was a c section or natural.  Unfortunately it ended up as a c section and I was having a lot of cognitive problems due to my reaction to the epidural medicine and I wasn't able to request a mirror or have MH get pics or even direct him to look and tell me what was going on.  The next time around I really want to see whether it is VBAC or a sheduled CS. I would love to have had some pictures both as it was happening and right after but that just didn't happen.  I don't care what I looked like.  I wouldn't want any vag shots though.
  • Definitely wouldn't want the birth taped, but I was really glad DH snuck in some video footage of DD after she was born (getting cleaned and weighed). We ended up with a c/s, so he wasn't supposed to have video in the OR, but as he was taking pics of her, he managed to get a few video snips in the process. O:-)

I love being able to go back and watch those moments of her few minutes in the world :-)
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• I didn't even think about doing it with DD and since it ended in emergency C, that wouldn't have happened. It's pretty engrained in my memory.

But this time I'm having a VBAC and am determined to have a wonderful birth like all these videos I watch, and I would like to have some of it on tape, at least.

i tried for a VBAC and a VBA2C, and neither worked out.  None of my births were a scary emergency situation--i can't imagine how frightening that would be--but if your VBAC doesn't work out and you need another CS it's really not the end of the world.  each of my CS has gotten progressively more awesome and I've had "wonderful births" even with the major medical intervention.  heck, i expect rainbows to shoot out when they cut me open this time ;)

If this actually happened.... Don't you wish you'd have it on video?? ;)
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"