Babies: 9 - 12 Months

10 month old not crawling or walking...

Anyone else have an LO that isn't crawling or walking yet? I feel like by now she should be crawling even if army crawling but nothing. Not pulling up on anything and not getting to seated position by herself. Suggestions...i try to put her toys further away to get her to reach and she tries but if she can't get them, she'll just move onto another toy or find something else to keep her busy. 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 10 month old not crawling or walking...

• I never crawled as a baby and just started walking at 11 months. I know it's easier said then done, but try not to worry too much. Is her pedi concerned at all?

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Yes, he referred us to physical therapist which we are doing but still isn't getting her moving :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Will she walk holding on to your hands? I was just going to suggest you moving her legs as often as possible (like bicycling legs) so she gets used to the motion and feels the connection of her legs and the movement. Assist her in standing. To help my son we put things a few stairs up that he wanted and he then learned to crawl up the stairs. (We of course were right behind him).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • jlpevjlpev member
    Dont worry!! Dd wasnt crawling either at 10 months but right before 11 months she started crawling, pulling up & is so close to walking.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My son has army crawled for months. Just in the past few days he is starting to crawl on his hands and knees occassionally. He is also just now starting to show interest in pulling himself up. He is 10 months as well. He is advanced in other things so I try not to worry about the walking thing, but I still do. I know its hard but like others have told me when your LO is ready it will happen, just keep doing what your doing.
  • My 10 month old isn't crawling, army crawling, walking, or pulling up either. Try not to worry, babies go at their own pace. My rule of thumb is if she is meeting or exceeding some developmental milestones then it's ok if she is slow on others. I would also get a second opinion on the physical therapist-unless dr. thinks there is a medical reason for the lack of movement then why push your baby to do something she isn't ready to do?
  • Thanks ladies. It's hard not to worry but always good to be reassured that other babies are doing different things at different paces.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just wanted you to know you are not alone. My son turned ten months yesterday and isn't doing any of those things either.
  • OP - I have 3 kids who are older now, but here's what they did:
    DS1- crawled at 11.5 mos, walked at 17mos.
    DS2 - crawled at 1 week before his 1yr birthday, walked at 16.5mos
    DD-crawled at 13mos, walked at 17mos.

They were all big babies (100% on growth charts), which can slow down their motor movements, not sure if your baby is big as well. I would seek a 2nd opinion on the PT for a baby, unless they have issues that would prevent them from crawling. Most likely, your LO is fine.
    Blake 04/29/05 Will 06/12/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ILoveBoys‌ , she's 20.5 lb and 27" and yes she's chunky. I'm sure that plays some part. Thanks for sharing your stats. Did you do anything to get your kids crawling or one day they just did it?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jlpevjlpev member
    My dd was 20lbs @ 9 months. Chunky!! She started crawling on her own. I just made sure she had to work to get toys. So she started scooting on her butt. My dr said that as long as she got her own way of doing/moving things then she wasnt
    worried.
    Dd just had to do it on her own.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cynthia2007 - they just did it when they were ready. :)
    Blake 04/29/05 Will 06/12/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My daughter crawled around 9 months and didn't walk until 16 months. They will do it when they are ready, don't worry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • I went through this exact thing with my 1st child and now my 2nd. Yes, they do develop on their own but there is a fine line sometimes as needing some guidance/assistance to help them. We did PT beginning at 12m with my first and 10m with my 2nd. Both of them (boys) perfectly healthy, just some low muscle tone and it was also just part of their personality. I'm very glad we did PT! It wasn't a forceful thing at all. My 1st walked at 17 months, never crawled. My 2nd went to PT 3 times and after working on some things at home, now crawls and is MUCH happier he can move about and explore.
  • thanks @aelliott04. She's going to be 11months and still not crawling. And she's starting to get frustrated that she can't move herself. I feel bad for her but hopefully she will get there soon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MamaBSRMamaBSR member

My dd is 11 months and is only army crawling and just in the last 2 weeks started getting to a seated position on her own and pulling up!

• @MamaBSR‌ , thanks for sharing. Were you doing or practicing anything to help her do any of those things?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS didn't crawl until 10.5 months, and didn't pull up until around 11 months.  Every baby does things at his/her own pace, don't worry!  Plus, it's easier when they're stationary =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"