Parenting after 35
Options

still waiting to feel baby and to start showing.

Alright ladies im looking for some reassurance. I will be 20 weeks on Wed and have yet to feel baby (that I know of anyways) and im not yet showing. I am overweight and assume that may have something to do with the latter. Everyone says this is normal. Still it's hard not to worry. We have anatomy scan on Thursday and will get to know the sex. Trying not to make myself crazy till then m

Re: still waiting to feel baby and to start showing.

• Options

Depending on the placement of your placenta it can make feeling the baby a little more difficult.  Good Luck!!!!  It is so easy to second guess everything. 

I would recommend checking out the Pregnant over 35 board because they are WONDERFUL over there.  A lot of us on here now are recent graduates from the group.

Feel free to post here we are always looking for a new face to get this board moving again.  It is slowly coming to life.  I would however post there if you aren't already.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I second what Geeps said but also want to reassure you by saying people posted this question a lot when we were on the Pregnant after 35 board so it's pretty common. I hope that eases your mind a bit. I know it's hard not to worry but don't let this concern you, there are several possible reasons for why you may not feel anything until you are farther along. Congrats on your pregnancy!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the response ladies. I feel silly cause actually meant to post it over there. LOL
  • Options
    I had an anterior placenta with DS2 and felt movement later than I did with DS1 and felt a lot less movement from DS2 until near the end.  Each ultrasound and NST showed DS2 was really active too.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am also on the bigger side and didn't feel LO move until probably 22 weeks (if I'm remembering correctly).  And once I felt her, it never stopped!  Congrats on your pregnancy!  
  • Options
    micmash said:
    Thanks for the response ladies. I feel silly cause actually meant to post it over there. LOL
    Don't feel silly.  Feel free to post anytime!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I felt the baby around 20 weeks. I had a preemie at 34 weeks, my friends joked that I barely looked pregnant. You couldn't even tell unto 32 weeks. I too am a bit overweight so I think it is how the weight distributes. I honestly have more of a pouch now post c section than I ever did when I was pregnant!

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
    I am/was average weight.
    With my most recent (he's 6.5 weeks old now) I didn't feel anything or gain any weight or start showing until 26 weeks.
    Except for the fact that I'd had several ultrasounds and seen LO, I wouldn't have believed I was pregnant.

Not feeling movement until 26 weeks was kinda weird since with my other two I had felt them from about 16/18 weeks.
    Everyone is different. I wouldn't worry.
    He/she may just be relaxed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"