September 2012 Moms
Options

Is your S12 baby favoring one hand over the other yet?

I remember early on that favoring one hand over the other was bad, but I couldn't remember when toddlers settle into being left-handed or right-handed.  DD is definitely favoring her left hand- the utensils thread reminded me of it.  Is it too early to call her a lefty, or is it negative in any way that she's favoring it pretty strongly at this point?

Re: Is your S12 baby favoring one hand over the other yet?

• Options
    I haven't even paid attention. Mom fail.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Up until a few months ago, Sean was always using his left hand. I would have bet a lot of money that he was going to be left handed. Now he uses his right hand for almost everything. I'm not sure which he will end up being now.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup. All of her fine motor skills are done with her left hand.
    I am not positive but it think it's still early for dexterity to completely set in.

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    We started to feel like James was going to be a lefty around 20 months old or so. He would eat and throw a ball with his left hand. I felt sure at 2 that James was a lefty. He writes left handed now all the time but plays sports both still.

Leo tends to favor his right hand when it comes to eating. He colors with both. That is all I've noticed with him. I'm usually ducking when he throws because he has quite the arm. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    As far as we can tell it's just the clean one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS has favoured his left arm for awhile now. I asked my pedi and she said not to worry. He uses his right for some things but eats/colors/throws with his left. He will still pick up toys with his right and open and close things so I'm not worried.

• Options
    I feel dd is a clear righty. She always draws with her right hand & eats mostly with her right.

DS still struggles with which hand he wants to use. I am lefty & MH is righty, so I think he is still confused.

DD actually holds the pen/crayon more properly than DS at this point.

• Options
    Audrey favors her right hand, she mainly eats, draws and throws with it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS uses both pretty equally. Eating, doing puzzles, stacking blocks, coloring, picking things up, etc. He doesn't favor one over another yet at all and seems to do everything without trouble using one hand over another.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    M&M totally favors her left hand. 

• Options
    I haven't really noticed. I know DS took awhile to settle into one hand though (he's almost always a lefty now).

• Options
    I'm going to say Dexter will most likely be right handed based on me seeing him doodle on the magnetic board with his right hand last night.   It's hard to say which he'll favor in the long run.  I'm left, my DS1 is left, DS2 is right, and DD is right.  DH is also right. 

Speaking of writing, I tried to write my dad a letter and my hand acted like it was clueless.  I've been typing all of my papers and work for school and I guess not writing for a long time kind of dulled the steadiness of my hand.  So, the letter I sent looked like one of my 4th grade writing papers. 
    :P
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options
    Not yet. She still uses both just about equally for everything. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    There is no telling with him yet, though I think S12 is a righty.
    O11, however, seems to be a lefty.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"