November 2012 Moms
Options

can we hit 40 replies. ..?!

If you got to pick your next birthday gift what would out be. ..
( It should be for you NOT something for the family or household)...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: can we hit 40 replies. ..?!

• Options
    I can't think of anything right yet but going to go review my pinterest board

• Options
    Ooooh my pinterest board was filled with all kinds of goodies. ... but I think what I really really want is spa time
    Facial body wrap sugar scrub nails waxing the whole shabang

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I saw this awesome set of metal mixing bowls at Costco the other day.
    They have the rubber on bottom so they don't slide around and make noise while you're mixing, but they also have lids that seal them. The lids are recessed AND flat for stacking.
    (I hate putting bowls in the fridge because you can't stack them)

Or...

Ummm, I forget the other thing I saw.

But seriously...nothing.
    I prefer not to receive gifts. I don't like getting gifts of any type from any one.
    I also prefer not to celebrate stuff - like birthdays (amongst other days).
    The best gift ever would be for people to just go on as if its a regular day. And if ya gotta, a quick 'HBD' would be fine.

(And I'm a little surprised that MIL hasn't quizzed me about what I want yet (my birthday is in just over a week))
  • Options
    All expense paid 10 day trip to WDW with my family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah see both of yOur answers include this for others. .. it's very hard to want something for just me. ..I have as list a mile long but everything is for us as a family. ....

• Options
    I want to go horseback riding!!

I would love to get flowers at work, but I usually never work on my bday so I guess that's out.

There are a ton of things for the family, but since you said nothing to do with that I'll leave it :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kbl13kbl13 member
    I want to be signed up for a year of unlimited classes at my fav yoga studio... guaranteed me-time B-)

• Options
    Hmmmm.... A trip to Disney World with DH, V, and even grandma and nana.

A full spa day does sound nice.... And a night of uninterrupted sleep....maybe even 2-3 consecutive! (See my latest post!)
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    yeah I thought about it some more.. I would be super happy wih a hotel weekend... where I could wake eat sleep shower all on my own time

• Options
    Can I want all of @uconnhuskie007's things? Those are beautiful!
  • Options
    billybumblerbillybumbler member
    edited April 2014
    I'm responding in multiple posts to help with @credcat7's wish!

I'd love to get a Cuisinart blender and a crock pot too! Those are 100% for me because my husband does not use kitchen utensils.
  • Options
    I'd settle for a charm for my bracelet though.
  • Options
    @uconnhuskie007‌ love that necklace! I may have to show that to DH for the birthday right after new baby is born!

• Options
    LimaDLimaD member
    I want an awesome lens for my DSLR camera. So I can take professional looking pics of my DD myself. Even though I'd be using it to take pics of others, it would still be a gift for me because the pics are MINE! :)
  • Options
    I am not a jewelry or clothes person. I don't decorate and I find fresh cut flowers to be a waste of money.  For me the best gift is stuff I can do with my family. Life is too short. I want moments that i can look back on and cherish. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would like a shopping spree to buy a new wardrobe...i feel frumpy these days and my muffin top is making me sad. I need pants that fit!

A spa day would also be awesome.

A new wetsuit and triathlon suit for my races this summer.

European vacation!
  • Options
    LimaDLimaD member
    @limad - you reminded me that I also have a lens on my wishlist.  Something that allows a high apeture for a beginner like me :) 
    I'm a beginner too! Actually, I've been a beginner for 3 years if that tells you anything lol ;)
    I just really need to take the time to try to improve my photography skills. Here's the lens I have my eyes on! The reviews sound pretty amazing

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/af-s-nikkor-50mm-f-1-8g-standard-lens/3188049.p?id=1218384136542&skuId=3188049&st=nikon f1.8G&cp=1&lp=4
  • Options
    That reminds me I want a camera so I can do pictures of vacations, DD, just stuff in general. I love photography but never had a great camera so I'd like that!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LimaDLimaD member
    That'd be great, @Chickie79 -- Thanks!
  • Options
    LimaDLimaD member
    edited April 2014
    @uconnhuskie007 --  I've got a Nikon D3100. I really like it!  I'm currently reading the Nikon D3100 For Dummies to help me know how to do more than just take pics in Auto mode. I've played around with changing the white balance and ISO settings before but hopefully this book helps me understand what I'm actually doing a little more :)
  • Options
    LimaDLimaD member
    @Chickie79 - Yep, I read something about needing the smaller F number.  The thing that would be hard for me to get used to with this new lens is that it's "fixed" so there's no zooming feature. But I guess with taking pics of an active toddler I do tend to move around a lot to get a shot as opposed to zooming in and out. But it will still be something that will feel weird at first I think!
  • Options
    LimaDLimaD member
    LimaD said:
    @uconnhuskie007 --  I've got a Nikon D3100. I really like it!  I'm currently reading the Nikon D3100 For Dummies to help me know how to do more than just take pics in Auto mode. I've played around with changing the white balance and ISO settings before but hopefully this book helps me understand what I'm actually doing a little more :)
    me too!!  One of my new years resolutions was to learn how to use it (and not just in auto).  I haven't dedicated the time to it yet, but I really really want to!  I sometimes (rarely, but sometimes) contribute on the photography board.  I lurk a lot.  the girls on there are so talented.  It's definitely inspirational!
    Photography board?? I didn't know about that one. I think I may have to start lurking there as well! Good luck with your resolution! Maybe by this time next year we will both be professionals ;)
  • Options
    Look! I was busy all day but we got Some action here! I was a photography buff in college but not Since. .. @uconnhuskie007‌ how did you get all your pinterest pics on your post. . Are you doing that mobile??

• Options
    I want a family vaca to the beach! By family I'm including my mom, sister and her son... But that's for everyone I guess.. For me I'd love a shopping spree where I could get or buy anything I wanted and not get home with the "I'm broke" feeling!! But if I did that I'd have to go with the girls or I'd be boreddddd... So something just for me me me... Ummmm... Jewelry ... A new wedding set, a longgg gold necklas .. New earrings or a toe ring for the summer..
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have the Nikon too.....bought it right before V was born and I think I've used it 3 or 4 times! I must make this a priority this summer when I'm off from work!

• Options
    I think a shopping spree for new clothes after I loose the baby weight this time will be great too!

• Options
    LimaDLimaD member
    credcat7 said:
    yeah I thought about it some more.. I would be super happy wih a hotel weekend... where I could wake eat sleep shower all on my own time
    That does sound nice...
    And I would totally order room service! And maybe something from the movie channel
  • Options
    Okay, since we are so close to 40 ... Lol.

I see this took a bit of a spin and turned into a lot of chat about photography.
    I have a Canon. We bought it right before DS1 was born. We did a lot of pics when he was first born. Then we slacked. The camera sits in the camera bag by the door so that we 'remember to use it' and 'remember to take it with us' when we go to visit relatives.
    It often ends up having a dead battery when we go somewhere.

Also...I'm horrible. I haven't taken any pics with it of DS2 since he was born.
    No weekly shots.
    No one month shots.
    No Easter pics.
    Nothing.
    Nada.
    Zip.

So, I guess a good birthday gift for ME (because: screw the kids, I'd keep these...) would be a photographer 24/7 to just remember to take pics of the kids with the good camera.
    Because iPhone photos are not awesome...but they are better than nothing.
  • Options
    Speaking of photography, DH takes a million pictures of DD but I take almost none. It literally almost never occurs to me to take a pic when we're together, only when I want to send someone a pic.

If I ever have a second child she/he is doomed, if I'm this way with my first :-P
  • Options
    I'm just gonna post once again so @credcat7's wish comes true
  • Options
    Yay! Look at us! Thank you guys!

• Options
    And so, we went to the IL's house tonight since MIL's BFF is visiting from far, far away, and wanted to meet the kids.
    I took the camera, and during a really cute moment was about to take a pic.
    I got the camera out of the bag to discover the lens filter/protector had been smashed!!! Cracked, chipped, broken, kaput!!! :((
    After fighting to get it off the lens appears okay with no scratches... And since that took almost a half hour to take care of...the cute moment was gone. :(
  • Options
    Yes @uconnhuskie007‌
    We weren't going to buy it. I never had it with my last camera, but we decided that it was an extra way to protect this one.

Now I just have to go get a new one before something happens.
  • Options
    @Chickie79 are you stalking this thread? ;)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    To answer the original question, I want a spa/relax day. This pregnancy is kicking my butt. So that day will have to wit until my symptoms taper off.

I am also going to be ordering myself a ring with my parent's birthstones. My dumbass needs to remember to get my finger sized next time I go to the mall.

• Options
    @JKvogt maybe wait till after your lil one is out to get sized?

• Options
    credcat7 said:

@JKvogt maybe wait till after your lil one is out to get sized?

I have been lucky so far to not have to take my rings off. But that is a great idea, especially since I am 12.5 weeks. This time around is way different. K was a much easier inside baby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"