Stay at Home Moms

Dear Pinterest Pinners...

An apple slice covered in peanut butter sprinkled with carob ships is not a cookie...and the sooner you admit that to yourself, the better we will all be.

Happy Monday everybody!

Re: Dear Pinterest Pinners...

• I did not delve deeper into the pin to figure it out...but you're probably right.
  • Is this like the black bean brownies-- :-&

Or the chickpea cookie dough.

Both are no bueno.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oatmeal is a cookie. Apple slices are not.
  • Oatmeal are my fave!
  • I just wanna know what a carob ship is ;)
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • I hate you two.
  • No you don't.

This makes me want to take a cruise and go to a chocolate buffet.

But real chocolate.
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • I hate mobile bumping. I ALWAYS make mistakes.
  • I would miss peanut butter and dairy the most if I had an allergic child. I am really crossing my fingers DS doesn't have food allergies...though the rash he got from carrots the other day probably wasn't a fluke.
  • Gastro said:
    When I worked in the restaurant everyone would be allergic to this that or the other thing and all noted in our tickets. Miraculously before dessert was fired so many of them would be cured. The soufflé has no egg yolks but the sauce does...oh, if it's just in the sauce then I can eat it.
    @gastro How was the beach cookout? Did DH indeed have something planned?
  • A lot of the idiot pins on there bother me...like "Make your own helium!" You can't make helium, dude, you'll just have an inflated balloon rolling around on the floor.
  • NandaB said:

A lot of the idiot pins on there bother me...like "Make your own helium!" You can't make helium, dude, you'll just have an inflated balloon rolling around on the floor.

lolololol. how does one "make" helium??

Ask Pinterest...apparently it knows. :-/

I think it's just inflating a balloon using the gasses from baking soda and vinegar combo or some crap, but somebody labeled it as helium, and everyone ran with it.
  • Awwww so sweet!!
  • I posted before about my carrot cake for DD's breakfast. Well, with allergies it was really a quinoa. Arrow muffin, no sugar lol! Poor DD, with all her allergies she really thinks the whole frozen banana thing is actual ice cream. Planning treats for her birthday party I realized I am not looking forward to any of them lol!
  • Haha! I always laugh when I see pins with captions like, "Delicious healthy chocolate chip cookies, only three ingredients!"
  • A lot of the idiot pins on there bother me...like "Make your own helium!" You can't make helium, dude, you'll just have an inflated balloon rolling around on the floor.
    lolololol. how does one "make" helium??
    Ask Pinterest...apparently it knows. :-/ I think it's just inflating a balloon using the gasses from baking soda and vinegar combo or some crap, but somebody labeled it as helium, and everyone ran with it.
    Kind of like the "add hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to mountain dew and it glows" pin? So not true.
  • CeeBug said:
    This reminds me of the Pintester (https://pintester.com/). She tries out different pins and blogs about the results. The brown sugar detangler  was the craziest.
    hahaha yes! Or I love the one where it says to mix regular lotion with cocoa powder for instant self-tanner!  =))
  • Can we convince these pinners that cauliflower cannot be shaped to look like any high fat food and trick anyone?

OMG YES. I really wonder about people who swap cauliflower in for potatoes and claim that "it tastes the same" and "no one in my family could tell." No effing way. I've tried it, it tastes like bitter, cruciferous white slop no matter how much bacon and cheese you add.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• i love cauliflower...as cauliflower.
  • Little man thinks that Graham crackers are cookies and I would appreciate if no one told him any different. (he has had real cookies before. Oatmeal is our favorite too. But no raisens) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had Pinterest for a long time but just this week fell in love with the site. I tune out the crazies. I spend hours staring at and pinning all the things. I'm like a Pinterest junkie.

This has been me the past month as well. I love it now.

Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• gennyu said:

Can we convince these pinners that cauliflower cannot be shaped to look like any high fat food and trick anyone?

OMG YES. I really wonder about people who swap cauliflower in for potatoes and claim that "it tastes the same" and "no one in my family could tell." No effing way. I've tried it, it tastes like bitter, cruciferous white slop no matter how much bacon and cheese you add.

I couldn't disagree more! Butter, garlic, a little parm, and BAM!

The trick is to do a little of both. Then you can't tell the difference and it helps the texture to stay the same. Also, you have to use real potatoes. I know we have boxed lovers all over this board. ;)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• No, whoever wants to follow you can.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"