February 2014 Moms

Small victories.

can we have a "small victories" post? i need some positives before i go to the dentist. :(( i know they are going to tell me i need a root canal at the least, extraction, though, most likely. i'm so over the pain, though.. i considered taking it out myself a few days last week. (not really, i'm being dramatic).

anyway. anybody have any warm fuzzy happies?

mine:
1. baby slept in her crib long enough for me to put a bra, underwear and shirt on AND shave one and a half legs. no pants though, can't win 'em all. ;)

2. she was happy long enough to get her to smile for david's bee picture this morning. :D :bz

imageimage

Re: Small victories.

• Loading the player...
  • mo1484 said:
    I took Hadley for a trial run at the sitters today (back to work thursday). She was good and only fussed when she was hungry, so she didnt scare her off!
    That's good! Good luck with your first day back, Mo!

imageimage
  • ahare2009 said:

DS slept from 9:30pm-2am without waking.  

Thats a good one!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Small victory: I brought my dog to my moms house since I can't cuddle Georgi & it's been long enough that I feel ok being around her since I can be around people (just not kids and pregnant women for more than 30 mins at distances no closer than a foot) so I got a teeny tiny piece of home to keep me company this week. :)
    Aw, I'm glad you have your furbaby! ((hugs))

imageimage

• mo1484 said:

I took Hadley for a trial run at the sitters today (back to work thursday). She was good and only fussed when she was hungry, so she didnt scare her off!

That's good! Good luck with your first day back, Mo!

Thank you!!
  • LO is currently napping...usually she naps 2-3 hrs in the morning. The last week she keeps waking up after 20-30 mins and I have to rock her back to sleep, then let her sleep on me or she'll keep waking and be super cranky.

Just now she woke up, but has put herself back to sleep and is still in her swing! Woot! Hoping it lasts so I can get some stuff done :).
  • @mo1484‌ I don't understand it! he passes by the bottle and uses the sink 900 times a day but yet he doesn't think to wash it? ugh so frustrating!
  • I went to yoga while DD stayed in the day care room today! I had to go nurse her for a few minutes toward the end, but she did great. It was quite a rambunctious group, but they all loved "the baby." And I made it back in time for savasana, which is the most important pose anyway ;-)
    good for you!! I'm still dragging my feet on taking lo to the daycare room. And yes, you did the most important part! :) 
    Feb 2014
  • My small victory is that LO sat in the swing a whole 15 minutes without a conniption while I got some of my breakables packed into their boxes. But she had a meltdown before I got them packed into the big box so, they are sitting in their boxes in a pile.

Anastasia Mae born Feb 19, 2014 at 10:12AM -Tokyo, Japan time. 
    Me: 22 DH: 25 Married since Oct 6th, 2010
  • elf828 said:
    @MissDemeanor‌ so LO likes the Mamaroo after all? I remember he wasn't into it at first. Glad he turned his attitude around!
    @elf828 good memory! I bought the extra padding insert, which might have helped. And I just kept putting him in it for a few minutes at a time. I'm a little embarrassed at how hard I worked at getting him to agree to sit in it
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • I was able to put a little makeup on one-handed while nursing. No line work or anything, but I was pretty proud of myself. :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    photo 031414d1_zps227fd907.jpg photo SilverPoster_zpsec3507ce.jpg
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    photo Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpg Peanut 07/05/07 CP @ 4w3d photo Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpg Sweet Pea 04/21/08 @ 7wks
    The Blog
  • They're both taking a nap right now. BOTH. At the same time! :-P

I give it about 5 minutes.
    **Blog**
    *TTC #1* since Sept '11.
    BFP #1 2/26/12. C/P 3/1/12 
    Dx Oct '12: Hypothyroid, PCOS and blocked left tube.
    1500mg Metformin, 75mcg Synthroid
    Feb: 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI= BFN
    March: 150mg Clomid + Trigger + TI= 4 mature follies- BFN 
    April: Unmedicated cycle due to vacation timing= BFN
    May: *IUI #1* Letrozole + Trigger + IUI=BFP!
    1st Beta (17dpo): 455  Progesterone: 40
    2nd Beta: (19dpo):  810  Progesterone: 37
    1st ultrasound 6 weeks 5 days: Twins!

• Both kids slept in until 7 this morning! Glorious!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

• I successfully wore LO in public. I bought all the groceries.

LO fell asleep in his swing this morning. He's always just fussed in his swing.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"